[Vehicle] Harasser weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Uziriel, Jan 19, 2018.

1. typnct

Lord, you missed the point of the thread developement

I had problems as a newbie mbt driver
    Thats not the case anymore
    The developement was that there is a delicate ballance between the both of them and that you need to adapt to it as prowler is a special tank
    You make the same mistake i made there thinking that a prowler is better against harrasers and more forgiving
    And the reality it that it isnt because its war purpose is different
    You need to fight harrasers differently and more agressively unlike the vanguard that you need to fight more defensively as it benifits you more
    As the prowler needs to be able to shoot both and land you need to expose yourself more and as a vanguard to expose yourself less(shoot cover repeat)

Any other strategies that work are great!
  2. LordKrelas

Sherlock.
    Your basis is that more shots fired means more accuracy needed.
    Harassers are fast targets: Having a second shot to follow up, before a reload, means you have a second shot to hit it.
    A Vanguard does not have the damage nor the reload time, to match the capability of a Prowler's ability to use two shots on a target easily missed.

You have two chances to hit a highly mobile target.
    If both land, you deal more damage than anyone.
    If one lands, you dealt damage.

Vanguard (Let alone Magrider) has one shot to deal their damage: Which is less than the Prowler, if it hits twice.
    After that, they begin a reload: there is no range-finding, or follow-up shot.
    There is one-shot, and that is it - it's either slightly better than a Prowler's single hit, or Zero damage.

You only need to hit once, with a shot, to have damaged the target.
    With two shots, you have two chances to hit: That's better than one.

Vanguard's shield is a 6-second defensive barrier, that can't be wasted on a target that by their nature is gone before 6 seconds, and back right after.
    This means, a Harasser will waste the entire shield & negate it in nearly any engagement if not being used poorly.
    And if the Harasser is from the rear, the Shield is also unable to even do anything.
    So this means, the Tank is not able to handle a Harasser's damage output with the Shield.
    And unless it hits every time with the single shot, it will not cause any need for repairs.
    No smart harasser is doing peek-a-boo with Cover vs a MBT, in which the MBT can roll out from cover.

A Stationary prowler is a vulnerable Prowler, however it can unload more rounds faster on the rapidly moving target.
    This means, it has the best chance to deal damage to make the harasser stay away repairing, limiting the return fire.
    Which means, it is under less fire by virtue of the Harasser needing to constantly repair or risk exploding in the next exchange.

Any bright Harasser is doing a drive by.
    So peeking with an MBT, isn't what is done.. it's opening fire on a moving target, where any cover for the MBT is void.

Unless on your server, everyone operates a Harasser like a lightning tank against MBTs.
    And attempts to let them use cover in a peeking situation.. which is idiotic.
  3. typnct

ok, you know what? arguing will not help you.

go complain on whatever you want, thinking that the vanguard should do whatever the prowler can against harassers.
    compare 2 different vehicles that struggle in different ways against harassers.

i'm done.
  4. LordKrelas

Perhaps then, you should realize, it's the Harasser that is the problem?
    Since I don't have this grand issue of death to harassers in Prowlers, Magriders, or Vanguards.
    But I certainly know, the Harasser is insanity in effectiveness for the price.

Both MBTs have different issues, on a lot of matters.
    However, both share the glaring issue with harassers being more dangerous than a damn MBT.
    Let alone the Magrider' getting them wedged under them.
  5. Deffington

Have you ever been shooting a Harasser with Prowler in fight? That analysis is like taken from VR shooting range. Overall, shooting a harasser with tank is not easy. Driving a harasser is also not that easy.

In game the best harasser AV short range weapon is Mjollnir, because it doesn't need a steady fire as Vulcan and Aphelion do. Especially for harasser-harasser chase, since the target is constantly getting covered by obstacles. Longer range wins Saron I think, because of it's versatility.
  6. typnct

A direct answer to harrasers should be one of these
    1)lower their resistance to mbts, lightnings by alot
    2) make them as expensive as lightning
    3) lower lightnings cost
    4)lower their overall dps
    5)tank weapons that deal direct damage to the pilot+gunner
    Which are heat rounds
    6)lower their repair speed
    7)module damage(wheels,engine,transmission)
    8)make them more weak from the sides/back

Or anything else that wont make them more tanky than lightnings
    (This is my perspective but i must say that its pretty damn fun playing as harrasers
    My fav is the ppa(vs) as i had my best runs on it even though people think its underpowered)
  7. Uziriel

I would choose points 3 and 8. Lightnings are not only too vulnerable against Harassers, but also against Liberators and Galaxys (my opinion).

And if Harassers could be more weak from sides like tanks, that could resolve damage problems. If we want to buff Lightnings we could give them Harasser feature.

MBT > Lighning - MBT have more health, deal more damage and gunner can deal additional.
    Lightning > Harasser - Lightning have more health and receives the same amount of damage from all sides
    Harasser - it's faster, but if you hit it in back, damage will double and when you hit it in side, damage will receive 1.5 multiplier.

But there is second problem, which died in this thread - some of Harasser weapons are too weak right now and it's very hard to kill anything with them.

- nerf Ranger,
    - buff Gatekeeper,
    - buff Marauder,
    - buff Saron,
    - buff PPA,
    - buff Enforcer,
    - nerf Mjolnir.

And the last one, which is totally broken right now:

- nerf Hunter QCX explosive bolts!!! (6 bolts on Harasser (!), 4 on ESF (!), 24 to Vanguard). It shouldn't be as effective as it is now.
  8. AtckAtck

I mainly play TR and i must say the vulcan does not feel like it used to, currently it takes 3 mags for an uncerted sunderer. 5 if it is a shield sunderer. That is a long time shooting at it.

MBTs most of the time kill us if manned by 2 with 2 av guns. This used to be different if you engaged from the rear, now you even loose with a short surprise sometimes.

The marauder ist crap. The AV damage is near to useless, if you don't count fighting cardboard lightnings from the back that is.
    It take 3 direkt hits to kill infantry, 5-6 if only splash. Now this would not be so bad, if it at least would stay accurate instead of blooming up the accuracy to no end...
    The old marauder was dangerous and fun to play, i want it back! This glorfied pillow shooter now is a pure insult.

The current most reliable weapon for the harraser is the halberd when it comes to tr.
  9. Uziriel

I did. And I still remember pre-CAI 1 combo prowlers. There was no chance against them on close range. So I believe, that post-CAI are better balanced :)