Problem with fps

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Eternaloptimist

I noticed my fps was consistently down by about 15 -20 to around 30 fps since the last patch. I loaded Razer Game Booster after googling about how to improve it.

Now my fps is back to what it used to be in smaller fights and sometime better than before but in 48-plus per side fights it is going up and down like a naughty persons underwear............I mean like chronically, down to 7 fps, back up to 25 then crashing down again and staying there.

Does anyone have any views on the problem (it's not one I have suffered before)? For example, could it be DBG servers, the Razer programme or something else? I realise I'm currently playing during members double xp weekend and so player numbers appear to be higher than normal............
  2. Eternaloptimist

Don't worry about it - I removed the Razer software and things are back to normal now. I'm running an old i3 280 gigahertz machine with 8 mb RAM and a GeForce GTX 650 card. Playable but not really ideal for PS2 I guess and maybe it couldn't cope.
  3. AllRoundGoodGuy

I had a friend who insisted he could solve all of his pc's problems by kicking the case.
    • Up x 1
  4. Eternaloptimist

I was going to try that but then the problem seemed to fix itself after I uninstalled Razer :)
    • Up x 1
  5. baka

I have had the big fights become laggy enough that I just log out lately, where they used to be fine. Even with my newly lowered settings to near potatoe mode (which does not look that bad).
    Oddly, the in game meter still tells me I am GPU bound.....