Flying behabiour of the flying vehicles change

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by JD93, Dec 7, 2017.

1. JD93

One change that I woul'd propose is to make that all the fliying vehicles have the ability to float in the air whithout touching any button while they are being controled.

The current state of the flying controls are that you need to press the space bar for go up or the W key for go forward (in the default settings) for maintain you in the air. When you stop pressing any of those keys you fall to the ground.

I have created this post based on past experiences in other fps games with flying vehicles.
  2. Fenborg

What Daybreak needs to do is to dramatically improve control settings for flight altogether. They also need to allow for more in depth flight control settings to allow players who have sticks and throttles to actually be able to use them without you having to go into the controllers software and create a painstaking profile. What you're asking for are some basic toggle controls, which you would think would be a basic function but sadly it isn't. The Keyboard and mouse flight controls are not for everyone, myself included. The joystick controls that they currently have are crude and rudimentary at best.

In order for me to get my Saitek X52s to work somewhat smoothly in the game, I have to go into the Saitek Control software and create a profile specifically for PS2 because the joystick sensitivity settings for Pitch and roll are not uniform, yet both pitch and roll are thrown into a single sensitivity setting together. Its really bad when you try to aim at an enemy ESF you barely move the pitch up and your nose goes right into the sky. ESF banks in some direction and you roll to accommodate only to find that the speed of your rolling motion is no where near as fast at the speed of your pitch motion. This goes the same way for the full game itself. 5 Years, many complaints and Daybreak has still yet to make a roadmap or comment on a possible fix for it.

So I hate to dash your hopes but Im almost certain Daybreak has no plans on tweaking controls for flight anytime soon.
    • Up x 2
  3. Sade707

I am beginning to understand the controls of airships better. ******* hate the lighting tanks steering but it is my favorite tank. Love hate relationship i guess.
  4. Silkensmooth

The liberator will hover without touching buttons. For ESF i think this is an intended design to make it a little harder to kill things in hover mode. Allowing ESF to hover in the manner you suggest would be overpowered.