I'm done with TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by boomchacle, Jan 4, 2018.

1. pnkdth

You are allowed to use other weapons on NC other than shotguns and the melee attack.

For the HA I recommend either the Anchor or EM6 but for you I'd say start with the GD-22S or SAW S since they're easier to use. EM1 is also a good choice.

For carbines you have a very solid arsenal. For closer distance the GD-7F and Bandit are great. The Bandit is also decent a mid range. For one of the best all around carbines you also should do well with the Merc but you find that one tough the Razor is a good option. I'd stay away from the AC-X10 and Burst since it requires more precision.

The ARs is also really good. The default like the Merc is a good and easy to control starter weapon. If you want more punch in CQC the Carnage and GR-23 are solid choices. Reaper and A-Tross are great for the high aim type player and much like Carbine Burst variant the AR Burst is amazing.

If you find it hard at first I recommend going into VR and learn how to control basic recoil patterns. It will be useful for future FPS games.
    • Up x 1
  2. Deffington

Playing TR on Miller, BR105. I was in a process of the same thinking before and actually tried NC on Miller, reached BR70. For comparison, NC guns seems to handle better (some of them). But then I found out that TR bulletstorm even if inaccurate still kills really fast. Mjollnir works much better than Vulcan, once I learned to fire it when it was needed and not holding down the button. Vanguard seems to be more friendly since it doesn't have to sit on one place, but I didn't spend much time in it. But I prefer TR for the community, NC on Miller are either too hardcore, or too zergy and there is nothing between. Actually, the best reason for me to log on NC instead is when TR get farmed from both sides and someone has to introduce the new front to both swarms.

Also, I'm now using the Chaingun. It's kinda weird, doesn't work well on longer range, but is usable. Doesn't work well on short range either, because it lacks DPS on first guy that jumps on me. Prefire is most out of question most of the time - there is always someone to step in it. Actually, I think I did much more friendly fire with this than before. But when it works, it does a long killstreak. Then I begin to love it, so it sends like 5 bullets in a row to outer side of cone - getting me killed by a completely new guy who just found out which button shoots the gun. I have a very dynamic relationship with this gun.
    • Up x 2
  3. Prudentia

sounds like a lasher, just with less disco lights :p
    sometimes you stand at a door and noone moves away so you just get killed after kill. and then you run along to find a good lasher spot and a BR12 Stalker infil splatters your kneecaps all over the ground before your bullets even traveled to him :eek:
    • Up x 2
  4. boomchacle

if you were allowed to headshot with the Tr pistol, it would be the best by far, but because of the recoil and bloom, if you aim at the head, it will only hit him with one shot, and if you aim at the body, it will hit him with 2 body shots and one headshot, unless you are so close that the mesh from your gun is having physical interactions with the mesh of the enemy. with the Beamer, and the single shot tr pistols, you can actually place headshots with ease, allowing for a much faster time to kill, and I even use the beamer as a secondary when I run out of carbine ammo and it works fine because the last 4 bullets from the carbine plus 2 headshots from the beamer almost always kill someone,
  5. Eternaloptimist

I agree with all of this but unfortunately for me I am not a great head shooter in the heat of combat so I go for burst pistols. I think of the Repeater as more of a shotgun pistol than anything else and something that I imagine suits some play styles better than others, whereas the Inquisitor works at longer range. I have found that if I can hit the head, then the Inquisitor seems to land both shots well enough and if not, then the rapid fire and big mag will sometimes get me the result I am looking for.
  6. boomchacle

I'm literally a minute away from uninstalling this game after Ive been playing it for 2 years. the recent updates have only brought worse balance changes to PS2. Even though Ive been playing this for a long time and I personally am a TR man, This is getting to be ********. there is no reason to play TR anymore because every single starting weapon is worse than the other two factions due to their Bloom, and there really isnt anything to look for in any of the faction specific weapons. This breaks my heart but its just a waste of my time now.
  7. Icehole1999

Boom, I’m going to go completely out of character here and not write something trollish.

I’m a TR main on Genudine. Our single biggest problem is that our faction only has one decent outfit. XLaw. I tried the zergfits, I tried starting my own outfit, both showed no success.

So I joined XLaw, and started playing as part of a team and completely abandoned the army of one approach.

I immediately got better results. I immediately got better alert rewards. And by watching how my outfit does things, my gameplay is steadily getting better.

Plus I’m having way more fun playing. I can’t use vchat because it lags my game out, so I just stick to the squad leader like glue and do whatever he does.

As far as the TR guns go, since I started using short bursts and aiming for upper chest, I’m killing way more people. Keep moving while ADS and leading just a bit.

On to the MCG. I’m only using this gun on my HA until I get the auraxium. A couple pointers:

It’s best used on defense, and it’s optimal range is right around 20m. Closer than that and any SMG or shotgun user will kill you. If you’re that close, best use a secondary such as the Commissioner.

When on defense with the MCG, avoid the temptation to stay close enough to the objective to get guard points, and find a spot up on a catwalk or other place sort of removed from the center of the room to put yourself. That way you have time to see the enemy and fire hose bullets in their direction. Lead them a bit. Maybe PS4 is different, but we can ADS the MCG.

When on offense with the MCG you have to act like a LA and flank the enemy. If you find pockets of bad guys set up and facing away from you, there’s absolutely nothing they can do before they’re all dead. Pop your shield, ADS, and clamp down the trigger. Start at one end and don’t let go. The insane CoF bloom will make the MCG act as an AoE weapon. Whatever bullets don’t hit the target will hit the other guys if they’re clumped up, like they’ll do behind a hard light barrier.

Have you ever been in a squad where at least half the players are using the MCG? I have, and it is GLORIOUS. Really you just need two players with it and an Engineer to drop ammo to really crush an enemy team.

This last point really is the deal with TR. You have to team up with at least one other player to really get anywhere. My kid played for a bit before going back to CoD, and just having him (he’s 11) on PSN party chat to coordinate with made a world of difference. It was awesome seeing our little 2 man outfit being the dominant outfit in battles.

TL;DR. TR is weak for lone wolves but OP as a team.
    • Up x 1
  8. Prudentia

the TR Weapons have exactly the same bloom as every other weapon in the game of the same damage tier. the only exceptions for this rule are the Tanto, the Orion and the Pulsar LSW which have a higher FSRM to make burstfire harder.
    the Striker is the best AA weapon in the game
    AI MAXes are pretty much carbon copies of VS MAXes
    So really, if you wanna cry about TR, atleast use something that actually warrants crying, like the gatekeeper being useless. But TR Infantry weapons are more than fine.
    • Up x 4
  9. boomchacle

TR stock heavy weapon has 20 percent more bloom than the VS one at .05 degrees per shot, and the VS one has .04 degrees per shot. the Vanu Infiltrator's weapons have no drop, which, while not incredibally game breaking, allows you to point and click if they are extremely far away.
    the server also allows people from long distances to join, increasing ping, especially when you fight against FPS Korea, the vanu outfit which I always die from half a second after I get to cover and a second before I even see them, because by the time I fire, they have already killed me.
    I have no real complaints against vanu maxes.
    The striker can deal flak damage to aircraft while being absolutely useless against tanks. however, the NC get a remote controlled rocket which can kill tanks from the spawn room.
    with the orion, you don't need to burst as often because you have a very nice bloom to work with.
  10. Prudentia

yes i already told you that the orion has less bloom
    the orion has has more horizontal recoil and a higher first shot recoil multiplier to compensate.
    meanwhile the TRorion the MSW-R has access to SPA, an even higher horizontal recoil with a higher FSRM than the orion,but less sustained vertical recoil +a variable recoil angle.
    you know,almost as if the weapons aren't all exactly identical but still balanced against each other.
    The CARV simply has more range than the orion and the 100 round mag is damn sweet for low skilled spray and prayers aswell as for high skilled players who just pulled of a flank. There is a reason why i run my Pulsar LSW with extended mags because even 75 rounds isn't enough.
    Semi auto snipers simply aren't a thing. if you get killed by a 99SV or a Spectre it was either a BR5 or a BR120 hunting auraxiums.
    But i'll induldge you: the spectre also has much longer damage drop of, resulting in slightly more damage when the 99SV already hit minimum damage, but continueing to drop for another 125m. so while both still deal 334 damage at 99m, the spectre then drops another damage tier down, requiring atleast 4 bodyshots. and the 260 damage it does isn't even enough to compensate for nanoweave.
    So even if you can land more shots at 100m+ because of the no bulletdrop it is balanced by also requireing an extra hit.
    meanwhile all Boltactions are carbon copies with only visual differences.
    server ping is not a vanu problem... i'd welcome you to Miller where all the russians play TR.
    the phoenix being broken doesn't invalidate the TR infantry arsenal.
    welcome to the Lancer which is absolutely useless against everything. While TR gets a handheld Burster without having to pay for a MAX. if you've ever flown against TR you'd know how strong the Striker is for establishing air superiority as 2 of them can already kill an ESF while all other ES Launchers need 6 people or more to have any effect.
    • Up x 2
  11. boomchacle

lol I do realise how powerful the Striker is against aircraft, but aircraft dont really (in my opinion) have as much of an influence during a zerg compared to tanks.
    Also, about your complaint that russians play on the Miller server... The Miller server is based in europe, so if you are playing in it from america, that's your fault. if people from Asia are playing in the Connery server, which is based in america, that's their fault.
  12. Prudentia

Aircraft remove armor zergs
    armor zergs remove infantry
    Striker removes Aircraft.
    the Striker gains even more significance in lowpop fights as while VS and NC have to pull a skyguard, a MAX or multiple lockons, for a TR a single heavy with a striker can do most of the job foe free between fighting infantry.

And i think as a german i'd be allowed to play on a european server...
    • Up x 1
  13. boomchacle

then why did you complain about the russians playing on it?
    whatever. also, my friends convinced me to reinstall the game, and after the break I took, I realised that some of the things I said about some of the weapons did not really... reflect how I feel about them now. For example, the minichaingun. I still wish it did less damage and fired faster, but now that I realised that the gun has the ability to have 250 rounds in a single mag, I take back my statemet that it is under-powered. The supressive abilities of a gun with 250 rounds (in my opinion) raise its level to that of the lasher and the Jackhammer, and not having any bloom gives it some insane medium range performance, especially when you are camping an area.
  14. boomchacle

when you have the MCG you can right click and the accuracy goes up to 1.5 degrees I think. its not really aiming down sights, as there are no sights lol. anyways, I just discovered extended mags, and I am doing gloriously with it now that I have forgotten what it means to reload. I have also... stopped going lone wolf... as a HA. Lone wolfing it as an infiltrator with a bolt action is perfectly fine because you dont really need support, but you will get killed. its just a bit annoying that the faction trait is bullet spam but the minichaingun doesnt really do that as well as I expected.
  15. boomchacle

My sunderers are still being shot from behind a hill from their spawn room...
  16. LordKrelas

That's a ****** spot then.
    As if it's that easy to hit with a Phoenix, and it actually matters worth a damn (non-shield sundy, lack of engineers), an LA is gonna have a field day using that hill.

Not to mention, It pales to a Striker.
    Which you can't shoot out of the sky, nor laugh at with a Rep grenade, repair tool, or a shield.
    • Up x 1
  17. Prudentia

most sundy spots in the game are designed with cover the height of a sundy to block LoS. there is very few spots like garages where you can't hit a parked sundy with a phoenix.
    you must be american to not understand how russians on a server are.
  18. LordKrelas

Still, it is comic to base the Striker's capability on a legit gimmick.
    after all, for fun, we can look at how he said Hit, not even destroy: Which implies, it's not actually a threat even to him.
  19. boomchacle

when you are attacking a base with very low pop, for example 3 tr guys and 3 NC guys, the three NC guys can hold you at the sundie forever by spamming Phoenixes from the spawn room
  20. LordKrelas

Okay, I will admit to that being a good possibility.

Hence why it needs to lose the spawn-room for practicality in the field.
    Kills off that bull, without costing NC their entire Launcher (without it being the literal "suicide" Launcher)