[Suggestion] Allow Deconstruction of Hives once the 25k limit is reached

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luicanus, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Luicanus

Long story short I have a useless hive that I don't want anymore.

I've tried using C4 and rockets but it seems to be immune to friendly fire. I'd like to re-spec this base into an OS uplink but noooo I'm stuck with a god damn dead weight.

Seriously, fix PMBs.
    • Up x 1
  2. Luicanus

Ok, my fix is to remove the Silo (and my 35k cortium Store) then remove the Hive. What a waste.
  3. LordKrelas

It is a waste.
    But did the deconstruction tool not work?

Also, friendly fire would be to reduce the ease of nuking the Hive itself as an "ally"
    • Up x 2
  4. Shadowdev

After the new rules took place, they really made hive building useless for generating. I liked it better when the hives generated VP, gave purpose to buying all the base building assets, now it's just stupid to spend any money on it.
    • Up x 1
  5. stalkish

When you go to your silo to get a construction item you will see a section called 'Tools' this contains a deconstruction tool that can be used to deconstruct your buildings. Once you obtain this tool its in your weapon loadout and can be selected and used.
    There are however some rules around who can deconstruct what, as far as i can understand it; you can always deconstruct your own buildings; you can deconstruct any buildings within your own silos influence radius.

You cannot however get a decon tool and go to a friendly base and start deconstructing.

There is possibly an alternative to this problem tho.
    When you leave your base to go and get some more resources, once your outside of the HIVEs range, deploy your ANT and build a new HIVE. Costs a few cortium but building the second should decon your first, unless an active core prevents this, i have never tried it but assume it will work.
  6. JibbaJabba

Had the same thought.

If deconstruct doesn't work, just go build a new hive out in the middle of nowhere and it will deconstruct your previous one.
    • Up x 1
  7. Inzababa

just build your new base, if an item exists already it'll tell you and give you the option to confirm (and delete previous existing item) or cancel.
  8. stalkish

I think he wants to keep his current base; walls, mods, shields, etc.. but replace the HIVE with an orbital strike generator.
    Presumably this is for after an alert starts, once the HIVE has done its job.
    • Up x 2
  9. Pacster3

But then you got to build a new silo first. So you got to scrap your silo and the hive. That's not what he wants to do...and he is right that it sucks to have a Hive standing around once the alert started. On the other hand it prevents people from just deconstructing their Hive whenever it seems like the opponent is taking the base down. So there is a good reason to not make deconstructing a Hive easy. Maybe they should just make it possible during an alert...
    • Up x 1
  10. Inzababa

That's a very good reason, it would be hell if any time a HIVE was under attack, the owner would just deconstruct it, you could keep cores easily that way.
  11. MurgNC

The OP is right. Once your faction has got 25k cortium the HIVE is essentially a liability. Being able to deconstruct it AFTER you reach 25k would allow you to replace it with a far more useful OS.

A potential balance issue: This would, to some extent, thwart people who are attacking bases to steal their cores. As once a faction hit 25k trying to steal their cores would be impossible unless a base had been abandoned. And sure you could say, "The attackers should know better than to hit a HIVE that's likely to be deconstructed at any moment." But you may not even know if a base is abandoned or not until you start attacking it, and if you flew halfway across the continent to get there I can see how that would be frustrating.

Solution: Once your faction reaches 25k all your HIVEs are automatically deconstructed, the cores become neutral, and your faction would be prevented from building any more HIVEs until you succeed or fail at an alert. This would, however, make it much easier for other factions to trigger follow-up alerts.
    • Up x 1
  12. Luicanus

No the deconstruction tool didn't work until I'd first deconstructed the Silo, I guess it's a precaution against "allies" deconstructing your active hive but they need to edit that so that after the 25k limit you can take them down.
    • Up x 1
  13. Luicanus

I was half way through reading your comment when I thought you could make deconstructed Hives cores go neutral but yeah auto shutting them all down and make the cores neutral works too. Although I guarantee someone will rage at the core disappearing while they're about to capture it.
    Should be rare enough not to be a major issue.
  14. Luicanus

To be fair that would be a better fix than I came up with at the time. Select a new Hive, dirve out into the middle of nowhere and place it.
    That should remove the existing hive and let me put up an OS uplink. Still at the cost of the second Hive and the time to drive far enough away.

To be fair guys I think his solution would work so long as you only took a new Hive and didn't replace the silo. It's just a pain in the rear workaround and not conducive to fun game play.
  15. Luicanus

Pacster3 said:
    “On the other hand it prevents people from just deconstructing their Hive whenever it seems like the opponent is taking the base down. So there is a good reason to not make deconstructing a Hive easy...”

MurgNC's solution to make deconstructed HIVEs cores go neutral would solve this issue. Sure you can take down your HIVE when it's under attack but they can steal your core anyway.
  16. Inzababa

I don't think I'll bother, but if you try it, I'd be interested in knowing if it works !

(going (I think?) 500 meters away from your HIVE, building a new one, which will delete the old one)
  17. Capca

For the record, you cannot place a new hive if your current one is active. The only way I have ever been able to remove a hive is to first remove or drain the solo then deconstruct the hive after it powers down.
  18. Luicanus

Really I was not aware of this fact, I'm guessing for similar reasons to not letting you deconstruct it yourself it try and keep the Core for your faction.
    But they do need to look into correcting that so that doing so simply makes the core neutral.

If they mke it so that only the Hive owner can Deconstruct it (or everyone post 25k) that should prevent griefing.
  19. DobryiPupok

I agree.
  20. DobryiPupok

That's true. Now HIVEs are almost useless.
    Make HIVEs great again.