Phoenix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AISkander, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Demigan

This doesn't happen as much as you think, and to be teamkilled so much that your KD is below 1 would be an extreme prejudice on the NC side. You would be killed within 5 minutes of pulling one every single time.
    And I've never really been TK'd for specifically holding a Phoenix, and besides some people claiming you should do that I haven't noticed any increase in TK's specifically for this. So your entire premise is a fantasy, but we are used to that by now.
  2. DCTH

People won't switch sides just to tk you, that is correct. People just don't care enough ... they just stop playing or leave the NC-Front and look for fights against TR/VS.
  3. boey

With the ongoing Phoenix spam, which gets worse and worse when fighting against NC, i predict, that a point has been reached, where people care enough to switch factions, just to teamkill Phoenix users sitting in spawn rooms. Because, yeah, it is the only effective way.
  4. AISkander

T
    They do, people where yelling in chat as NC to stop TKing them

I didn't care. If they want the TK to stop, they must get out of the spawnroom
  5. FLHuk

Do you have a source for that data?

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. AISkander

Do you want me to save every NC yell about people TKing them into the spawnroom?
  7. AISkander

A magrider caught by a vanguard dies. A magrider that sees a vanguard goes 1k distant ant maybe thinks of shooting it.

If "having a brain" you mean: Oh yeah, i have a shield, now he need 10 more shots (i'm exagerating) to take me dow while i need 3.
    • Up x 1
  8. Hegeteus

So, first you want to TK Phoenix users, then others will TK those TKing Phoenix users... Eventually you'll have NC just TKing each other, how extraordinary :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  9. LordKrelas

How exactly is the Magrider being caught by a Vanguard, not the Magrider's fault.
    Magrider has Magburn, isn't shot to death in 2 shots, the reload is murder on the Vanguard, and easily can escape it.
    Not to mention, a Vanguard sees a Magrider or Prowler, it finds cover or allies.
    Infantry see either prowler or Magrider, and run into a building or cover.
    See a Vanguard? See if it's an AP, if it is, you can basically ping it to death unless they are a good shot.

While people engaging the Vanguard with a Shield available in a face-tanking contest expecting to beat the Vanguard in the Vanguard's sole area, the Vanguard's fault?

Shield: Disengage for a few moment, and it's gone & unavailable for the entire TTK basically.
    Isn't that magical?
    Imagine if the Magrider could only move sideways for a few seconds every few minutes.

The Magrider is a damn beautiful tank.
    Engaging a Vanguard in the single field, with it having all of the homefield advantage, should be a Vanguard win.
    As no Vanguard, or NC goes to attack a Prowler in the DPS field, nor at the range where the Prowler can land the most shots, nor does so without their shield unless they have a death wish.
    No Vanguard attempts to match the evasive motions of a Magrider either.

Yet VS & TR attempt to endure longer than the Vanguard in a face-tank.
    Acting as if they should best the Vanguard there as well.

Jesus.
    Prowler is DPS, and has the speed advantage.
    Magrider is agility, and has the size & reload advantage (now) on top of evasion.
    Vanguard has the endurance advantage when allowed to keep their shield.

Only this shield can be removed from play after 6 seconds.
    Lets' put the Prowler's twin barrels & Magrider's strafing onto a button that enables it for 6 seconds.
    That's what the bloody shield is: The core of the tank is available for 6 seconds.

And every idiot thinks to beat it, by sitting still, and unloading into it... something designed to endure that.
    Smash your face into a metal shield, rather than use the Sledge Hammer level of "It's their ability, let me play into it perfectly"

If someone digs a hole to trap you, do you Jump into it, as a means to defeat the digger & their hole?
    Only if brain dead.
  10. AISkander

If i get a Vanguard ambushing him. *POP* here goes the shield and i'm immortal. Being cought by a vanguard is not forgiving. Being cough AS a vanguard. You just need the "I win" shield key

The magrider isn't a tank. It's just a fat Harrasser

In planetside 1 Mag was the fastest tank. Now the prowler has the feature. Bah
  11. LordKrelas

So the Vanguard ambushing the more agile tank.
    And uses the shield in a first strike attack, a clever play allowing the Vanguard to use their shield to the best of their ability, and relying entirely on the enemy not spotting them or evading them before they can deal enough damage.

Being caught by a Prowler , Magrider or AV weapon without the shield as a Vanguard basically kills you hard.
    "I Win - if the enemy tries to face-tank me over any tactics"

The Magrider is a tank: It has the health, the firepower, AV requirement, and is brutal against infantry.
    As otherwise the harassers wouldn't be as dangerous as they are post-CAI.

Not to mention, your situation requires the Magrider not act, and the Vanguard do everything perfect.
    As if that's a sin on the Vanguard.

Set up a Prowler in a perfect position, and unload unparalleled firepower: Then call it an Evil "I-Win" button.
    Is basically that situation: everything perfect & won.

Magrider gliding in over terrain behind a vanguard, unloading a Saron & AP cannon into the rear while strafing away, then magburning hard.
    Same situation; Magrider did everything perfect & won.

Yet the Vanguard's singular situation, requiring a single opponent not acting, while they themselves aren't being idiots, is OP & Evil.
    heaven forbid VS & TR can't just unload their guns on a NC vehicle & win regardless of what the NC Vehicle does.
    Shield? Should die like it didn't have it, apparently.
    No Shield? Not like it's gonna have the firepower to win the fight, it uses the shield to survive long enough to deal the damage.

Do you not get the comedy gold?
    The Shield used in the perfect situation, and is countered by time itself, is OP, since the enemy can't just unload their guns into the Vanguard at all times, in all situations, and easily win the fight.

That is what your entire argument boils down to.
    It's ******* hilarious.
  12. AISkander

Most agile. If you think of strafe. It's useful just to get in cover. But the magrider is so fat that it's useless most of the time in combat,

Yes. It has a little bit more HP then the Harrasser. But the Harrsser does much better the magrider Job at the moment. Picking kills.

Maybe you don't understand. In a scenario Tank vs Tank. The magrider could be the godpilot of Strafe. But you die. Just becouse the Vanguard is esier to play AND has all the equipment to win. That's just not fair. Give the tank something else, becouse just eating bullets is gonna lose

A shot of a Vanguard did 50% damage on me. It was on the side. What you say about that?

I don't care about giving the vanguard 100000 more MPH, just nerf the damn shield.
  13. LordKrelas

You do realize the prowler's front end is larger, and the Vanguard's entire size is larger than the Magrider right?
    Magrider is the smallest tank in all directions literally.

The Prowler & Magrider have the same health value.
    Harasser takes damage from small-arms fire.

In a scenario of tank vs tank combat,
    The Magrider has a DPS advantage over the Vanguard.
    The Prowler also has a DPS & Speed advantage over the Vanguard.
    The Vanguard has a lack of Damage & the longest reload.
    If either tank in that combat goes to repair, the Magrider or Prowler will be full health, while the Vanguard will still be repairing.

It's easier to play a tank, that is reliant on a very critically timed ability & and the largest side possible, ensuring that to be able to fire, half the tank must be exposed first? Prowler is easier.
    All the equipment? Like what.
    Vulcan? No.
    Gate-Keeper the original? No.
    Saron? No.
    MJ? What Prowler or Magrider is that close?
    Our Dart-gun? Barely.

You managed to take a side-shot from a Vanguard, in a Magrider, and thought it did 50% of your hull -- which at best had to be an AP shot, something more dangerous on a Prowler.
    With a tank capable of always facing the enemy, or magburning to safety to repair.
    With any amount of damage, that Vanguard will be repairing still after you are full-health - allowing you an easier target, again & again.

The Shield lasts 6 seconds, is a damage-resistance booster, has no effect on the rear, and is defeated by the enemy not trying to face-tank you while it is available.
    The Vanguard's entire ability to win the battle against someone, is dependent on that shield.
    Without it, the Vanguard can't win unless the enemy operator is so inferior that it is comic.

Vanguard does not win in speed.
    Does not win in damage.
    Does not win size (largest *** side possible)
    Does not win in repair-time (CAI is responsible for repair time differences even being a thing.)
    Does not win in range.
    Does not win in top-guns.
    Does not win in turning speed.
    Does not win endurance tests without Ability-use.

It is the only tank that requires their ES ability to fight other tanks.
    Lockdown for TR? Not required, and often not needed nor wise.
    Magburn? Not geared for direct combat.
    Vanguard Shield? Used to provide ability to survive the other two long enough to deal their damage.

Go drive a Vanguard, try to win without the shield -- and not against a moron who can't drive.
    Then try to do the same in a Prowler -- You'll realize how near impossible it is in a Vanguard to not use the shield.
    And how the Prowler doesn't need Lockdown.
  14. AISkander

The surface of the tank is lower yes, but you won't find cover easly, your gun STICKS to the middle of your front, so you can't pekaboo from cover that easly. You will get shot first everytime you try that

I assure you the magrider can't win wit the dps advantage. Everytime you are not FACING, becouse you can't fire without facing your opponent, it's a free shot. That on the side just RUINS you. The vanguard again has all the tools to live.

I'm amaze as you are trying to make the vanguard look as the ****tiest tank out there. I'm just amaze. Please continue
  15. LordKrelas

You can't find cover as easily, while having a tank that can move sideways from cover.
    The Vanguard has to stick half the ******* tank out of cover to then fire.

If you have the most easily predicted distance, speed, and pattern for firing yes -- but even easier to shoot you as a Vanguard, given as a vanguard you are exposed for longer literally & time-wise.

The DPS advantage is from the reload-speed advantage taken from TR onto VS's magrider in the CAI patch.
    Magrider reloads faster than the prowler now.

If you aren't facing the enemy, the enemy still has to hit you.

Tools to live: Shield for 6 seconds, biggest possible target to hit, predictable directional motion, most close-range guns, few medium-range, no long-range guns, longest reload.
    Nope...

The stats say it is ****.
    My experience killing vanguards say they are ****.
    My experience driving the things say they are ****.

The Longest tank, with the most reliance on an ability in the game itself to do their job..
    And the people usually calling it OP, are prowler drivers staring it, expecting to out-face-tank the tank designed for it in their element, with their shield.
    Yet no one ever tries to out DPS a prowler: While everyone tries & complains that they can't out-last a shielded Vanguard.

As **** logic.
  16. AISkander

All right. The vanguard is ****.

I'm just not gonna argue anymore. It's like saying " A nuke isn't good becouse the radiation kill more people then the explosion". The vanguard IS the best tank out there. And the nerf they had was just the beginning of the fix
  17. LordKrelas

Vanguard is literally dead to rights without the shield.
    The Vanguard can't match the Prowler or Magrider in any battle but 1v1 combat with the shield.

Go drive the mythical Vanguard, watch how you begin to notice how you need more time to repair, against faster vehicles, and need the shield to survive.
    Once you do, you'll look at the Prowler, and wonder how the **** idiots aren't crying over it.

The nerf to fix NC's ability to have a tank able to survive a fight.
    Longer repair times, more shield reliance, less shield capability.

Soon VS & TR can just look at NC tanks, and magic them away - to hell with not having advantage in every situation against every possible NC weapon.
  18. FateJH

Assuming you mean something ES, in that case, lonly the VS need something. Pounders can arc over things, so that's the TR spoken for.
    How will that be different from anything else?
  19. DemonicTreerat

Simple fix.

Stop being a god damn ******* moron and leaving your spawns in the open with the *** end hanging our where anyone and his 95 year old one-eyed grandmother can see it half a click away. That is why the Phoenix is wiping out your Sunderers - because you lazy brats just park them right out where anyone can see them, leave them completely unguarded, and expect a random engineer to keep them repaired when half a squad decides to pull ES AV. Now that there is a bug that makes the Phoenix actually have enough dps to not need a whole squad 5 minutes to kill one Sundy you're idiocy is coming back to haunt you.

But I'm feeling generous so here is the deal. Spawn shields become two-way - nothing in, nothing out. In exchange the NC get the Phoenix from PS1. A camera-guided missile launcher that was just slightly weaker than the decimator, could be dumb fired, had missiles that actually could go around corners and were murder for snipers, oh and those missiles could be manually detonated at any time plus could not be shot down. Until then shut your damn mouth.

I swear I am about this far from making an alt VS account to go shank these morons until they quit. There is stupidity, then there is just plain being a moron who can't admit when they're dead wrong.
  20. boey

It definitely needs to get fixed, that you can shoot out of spawnrooms with the Phoenix. Take a look at these guys for example:

http://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=rurupon&show=weapons
    http://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=urashiman&show=weapons

Some real spawnroom warriors. The first has a KDR of 62.90 with the Phoenix and the second a KDR of 48.67.
    That just needs to stop.
    • Up x 1