[BUG] HUGE Bug with NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rezz, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Rydenan

But why? What about that is OP?
    • Up x 1
  2. freeAmerish

I don´t dispute with a believer.

Be carefully with % in this math.
    It´s creating issues, since you can fire for example 7 or 8 rounds but not 7.5 rounds.
  3. Rydenan

Wat.
    I'll ask you the same question: What aspect of the Gladius is OP?

Yes, it's an estimate, but the point is that it scales linearly with shooter accuracy, even if it (TTK) does move up in discrete steps.
  4. Demigan

if it belongs to the NC, it's always OP to you.
    • Up x 1
  5. AISkander

Didn't ever complain about the ACx-11. Why? Becouse the stealth class coudn't have an hand cannon

Giving an infiltretor the right to put you dow with 5 bodyshots or 2HS+1 bodyshot is just plain wrong. Even hevies use it becouse it's astonishing at short rangers. It's a Gauss saw for short to mid ranges
  6. AISkander

1 Miss doesn't do much to a vanguard. Since with the shield and extra health he can take 3 more shots then me anyway
  7. AISkander

Think of the gauss saw. Got it right? Give that to a VS infiltretor. That's the gladius
  8. freeAmerish

Where did I wrote it´s op?

What do you think happens when we take the stats from post 82, to calculate a TTK against a nanweave user?
    Gladius = 1.262 sec..............................................................................G ≈ 1.264 sec.
    Jackal = 1.278 sec............since we can´t fire 0.78 or 0.98 rounds.......J ≈ 1.3 sec.

We can also take Blitz since it has 323rpm more, and give it the better average accuracy stat of Gladius.
    Blitz = 1.216 sec.
  9. Demigan

Oh boy, you didn't complain about an NC weapon! Now all your previous complaints suddenly become truthful!
    /s

It doesn't matter how many bodyshots you use to kill someone. If it takes 10 bodyshots but you use a 1000 RPM weapon than you are still better off than a weapon who takes 6 bodyshots and has 500RPM. Also there's accuracy and such to consider, but why would you consider that kind of stuff eh?
  10. AISkander

We must take out every variable like "accuracy" or "if i'm a heavy and my target an infiltretor" taking the stock weapon.

Canis: 167dmg, The RPM isn't the one in the statistic since the spin up time
    Gladius:200 dmg The rpm is 522. Any gun with 200 dmg shoudn't have more then 500 epm
  11. Demigan

Really? And why must we? Because you can cherry-pick then and prove your point?

And there you have it, cherry-picking. You basically say the Canis has no RPM because it uses a spinup, and then you say that the no 200 damage weapon should have over 500 RPM. Why? Why not? The Gauss Saw already has 500RPM.
    You realize that there's a ton of stats that make or break a weapon, right? Such as hipfire COF, ADS COF, bloom per shot, damage degradation over distance, magazine size, muzzle velocity, reload speed etc. Oh wait you don't realize that, because we've been throwing that in your face all this time and you still cherry-pick whatever you want.

And even if you did analyze all those stats, what then? If we look at what the weapon actually achieves, we can see how good or bad the weapon actually is. So we need to go to the performance stats again, and what did those say...? Oh yeah the Canis is currently better.
  12. AISkander

Becouse even a beamer can kill a Max if he's afk. Getting my point?

Plus. At short ranges (that's where the gladius is all about), what we can see? 200dmg, high rate of fire to compensate "accuracy" which is kinda irrelevant with attachments. The only feature that the canis has better then the Gladius is the magazine size. But you know. You reach the maximum fire rate after 75% of it is emptied and the bloom is so large a vanguard can fit trough it
  13. Sazukata

@AlSkander

Regardless of whether you're right or not, you have the debate skills of a potato. I recommend aborting mission.
    • Up x 5
  14. AISkander

It's hard debating on a foreign language, probably i'm phrasing with a meaning on my native tounge and another in English
  15. Hegeteus

Don't you guys think that it would be more fun to promote buffs to stuff you're interested in? Or is it that whining about everything is what you're interested in?

Instead of trying to tear other factions down, people might piss less on you if you proposed positive changes to your own faction.
  16. Sazukata

Your English is good. The problem lies with focusing on one aspect of a weapon and disregarding all else. Known as cherrypicking, as mentioned numerous times. It doesn't prove anything, since all weapons and empire-specific vehicles have relative disadvantages to offset whatever they excel at.

It's wrong to say that the Vanguard is the best MBT simply because it has the most effective HP; because it is also slower and has a massive side, making it easier and more rewarding to flank (among other downsides, such as lowest main cannon DPS). If the Vanguard could not win in a face-to-face 1v1 with neither side maneuvering or using cover, it wouldn't be good at anything and would be extremely inferior.

Something to understand with infantry guns: if two weapons achieve the same time-to-kill but one fires slower with more powerful bullets, it is for the most part inferior due to being punished harder for misses and the target using Nanoweave.

There are some small and highly situational down-to-the-milliseconds advantages, such as the overrated LA1 Anchor's 3 headshot TTK being ever so slightly faster than a 143/750 weapon's 4 headshot kill (such as the Orion or MSW-R). I would say lower RoF + higher damage weapons are better at tap-firing at long distances, but I'm not sure on that one since higher RoF weapons usually have a faster recoil recovery.
    • Up x 4
  17. Campagne

Better to avoid power creep, I think.

While I don't agree with these recent threads a nerf to something balanced/weak is better than a buff to something balanced/strong, in my opinion. Worst case scenario the targeted equipment won't be used much anymore.
  18. Hegeteus

I'm talking about buffing unpopular and unviable stuff to better match their rivals, not just random balanced weapons for the sake of it. Surely I can't be the only player in ps2 who got interested and invested in crappy weapons?
    • Up x 1
  19. Rydenan

Gauss SAW, the worst-performing LMG in the game? (via dasanfall.com)
    I honestly see no problem with that.

Ignoring the fact that the Gladius is worse than the SAW in basically every metric, and that the SAW itself is nowhere near OP to begin with.

But alas, your argument was anecdotal rather than logical, unsurprisingly.
    So I'll ask again: What aspect of the Gladius is OP?
    • Up x 1
  20. Campagne

Well not every unpopular weapon is bad or not viable. Lots just seem to go unnoticed.

Most players don't want to intentionally handicap themselves by only using substandard equipment. We can't all have 40,000+ kills with a Magscatter after all. :p