Canis nerf...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LavenderFennec, Dec 13, 2017.

1. boey

There won't be no cert refunds and also no money back. Cert refunds are only made if the weapon is changed to a completely different weapon. But this isn't the case, so no certs back. The nerfbat will hit very hard. Exactly like all the demanding players want to have it. I also flushed 1200 certs down the toilet. Noone cares.

Hmm, maybe time to take a break from PS2. It's always the same. New things get released -> If enough people are demanding, those things get nerfed into oblivion and never going to be seen again. Just a bit tired of it.
  2. Silkensmooth

I predicted this a while ago. I said that if infantry ever had to face a weapon like coyotes on the ground the uproar would be so strong that it would immediately be nerfed.

If you didnt like the Canis, try flying in this game. You have to face flak which hits you even when aim is poor, you have to deal with locks from ground and air which require very little aim, and of course you have the Canis of the skies, the Coyotes and Hyenas.

So why do pilots have to put up with this crap and infantry doesnt?

Of course as someone who mainly plays TR these days, im happy with the change, but thats not the point. Weapons that dont need to be aimed suck to be hit by, in any aspect of the game.
  3. DCTH

Canis with UA was overpowered, but not by that much.

For me it was more the fact that you had a lot of ammo ... it was basically the first gun that i could use as LA and kill more than 1 person (often 3) before needing to reload. This increased my survivability tenfold (well, by much atleast) when i jetted behind the enemy.

I don't use it anymore now ... because i auraxiumed it before the nerf. I never auraxed a gun this fast. Although i had to stay at home for a few days and there was nothing else to do.

Still not nice that it got nerfed that much. One group of players won't use it because it sucks now and the other group (me) doesn't care because they already won/auraxed it.

I mean, we went from 2.0 to 1.2 headshot multiplier additionally with smaller bullet-size.
  4. Prudentia

pulsar C with a lasersight btw. ironically probably the best CQC weapon VS have for flanking light assaults due to the higher DPM of the 167dmg model
  5. LavenderFennec

Those are very real things any pilot has to worry about ever! In my opinion all the aircraft in this game need to take more damage, a lot more from all the ground flak, locks on, etc its far to hard to take out an ESF single handedly and when you cant play in a squad because of mindless chatter making it hard to hear yourself think getting three or four random players to help you take one ONE esf is impossible let alone a Valk, Lib or hell even a Galaxy... personally if you fly around erratically enough or just keep moving and dont stare the other plane down as you fire at each other you can easily dodge a lock on what ever the only problem is in this game its an unfair battle in the skies.
    You either have to stay and fight to which if you arent the best at flying you're going to die or you run in which case you're going to die. There is no other option, i've been saying this for weeks while streaming that any vehicle where the player is super proficient at killing and raking up XP needs to pay far more nanites to pull the vehicle then someone like me that will only pull a vehicle for transport to many people sit in their vehicles and get thousands of kills and the second they take a lick of damage they head for the hills its the most annoying and fun killing thing in this game and it needs to be addressed...
  6. Icehole1999

^^^^ Completely agree about vehicle mains. They take some damage and then run over everyone else on their own team trying to get away before their KD/R is affected.
  7. Drsexxytime

So you wrecked the Canis into garbage. But yet you were told the Gladius was strong. So that remains untouched with it's obvious advantages? So the NC has Gladius, Cyclone, and even the Blitz to an extent. Is there a reason the NC is allowed to have an entire weapon class locked down, like they do in a few other areas (carbines, launchers, Scatmaxes, LMGs - anchor)? How about at least being FAIR and BALANCED unlike Fox News? Can you perhaps rebuff VS LMGs, or TR LMGs? I mean, I know TR has some great stuff, but if that's what it takes for you guys to get NC in line, that'd be acceptable to TR and VS players I assume. Either that, or buff Canis to 1.75 HSM, since you oh noes can have 2.0 because VS have a competitive weapon. There's a reason the highest concentration of aimbots/assists and wizards play them.

Right now the Gladius and Cyclone are unchecked. Only TR with their super high RoF, sidearms, and shotguns can counter them somewhat in my experience. Live OP in the NC.
  8. LordKrelas

Canis is likely to be adjusted again, so that it has proper stats - without the headshot insanity.

Carbines, NC does not have lock-downed.
    Launchers..? What? Phoenix is a situational joke.
    Scatmaxes: Situational requirement to even be used, and costs more than TR & VS to use.
    LMGs, Anchor is not on the top.

VS LMG's are on the top.
    TR LMG are effective.

What is with you, and needing head-shot multiplers on a weapon that has enlarged shots?
    I rather the Canis be capable without reliance on easier-head-shots for rewards equal to harder-shots.

As well, Shotguns are generally bested by.. carbines, LMGs, and similar.

Canis needs work, it does not need the head-shot maddness back howeveer.
  9. Drsexxytime

Listen. I'd rather Canis be a "good" reliable weapon too. But DBG is all about their gimmick ammo and balancing the gun around that. So yeah. Until they fix it, by they i mean both devs still working on the game part-time, they can at least bring the other weapons into balance. Not the well we broke the VS weapons, we'll get around to NC when we have time.
  10. Drsexxytime

They took a situational gun, and took it's one situational perk away. Now it's trash tier. Completely, utterly, useless. Typical kneejerk DBG. Well, when it's VS or TR weaponry that's annoying.
  11. LordKrelas

In what situation was Head-shotting the easiest, not godly?

Canis needs to stand on its own without literally being the "Legal Head hitbox Enlarger"
    As well, you know how fast the Phoenix was nerfed?
    Let alone, do you know how truly situational a shotgun is?

Given they just balanced that ammo, and now can finally fix the gun itself to be good, I disagree.

As well, it's better to not have the head-shot-freebie trait be attached to VS.
    Not to mention, NC itself, has the most situational weapons that are easily bested by TR & VS..
    Do you even see NC using the Cyclone above all else?
    -- Hell, do you even know how hard the Gladius is to aim?

Not to mention, you think the Scatmax.. is OP... which is insanity given that using it, you realize how much RNG controls everything about it, in even the perfect situation for it.
  12. AISkander

The Canis, right now, it's the Cyclon. But worse. So yeah. NC ftw. With that 200dmg pocket gauss saw
  13. Drsexxytime

I see mods moving threads around so it doesn't seem like Canis-gate all over again. Trying to cover up the OP Gladius/Cyclone, and other issues with balance.
  14. Silkensmooth

The game isnt unfair on the ground? So if im an infiltrator facing heavies thats fair?

If a new infantry player comes in and tries to fight br 120 heavies thats fair?

Is the tank game fair? Are you going to jump into a tank and go wreak havoc on veteran tankers with flawless aim?

No, in any aspect of the game if you are bad you are going to get repeatedly owned.

Penalizing people who practice and get good at things is a terrible idea.

Make Air to Air ESF cheaper for everyone, like infantry is cheap,, and then it doesnt matter if you die quickly because you get to go again right away.

People who are good or excellent pilots didnt start out that way. they spent a lot of time learning and dying badly to gain the skill they have.

Or they found someone to practice with.

Either way nothing worth having comes easy. Easy come easy go. Flying is harder to do well at perhaps than other aspects of the game, but that makes it that much more rewarding when you do finally get good at it.
    • Up x 1
  15. adamts01

I still don't think we'd ever see any form of refund even with a complete change. Just look at thermals, they went from anti-infantry to anti-vehicle optics. Absolutely ridiculous. Every time I consider spending anything on this game I think back to that and close my wallet. I was fine with thermals in game but I'm also fine with removing them, but to not offer a refund..... that's a kick to the nuts.

That's true to a point, but I still think the air needs a serious rework, as I'd estimate only 1% of players actually feel like they can take part in it without being anything more than bait or free certs. I've got about 500 hours among the 3 ESF and that's mostly A2A, so I'm not a complete noob. I put in considerable effort to get better and at the end of it all I think changes need to be made to make it friendlier for more players, without resorting to crutch weapons like Tomcats or Coyotes, whose introduction moved the air game from bad to worse.
    • Up x 1
  16. adamts01

Any mechanic that lowers the skill floor so drastically just doesn't have a place in a fps, situational or not. That's the same reason I'm against the Lasher, rocket primaries, and most HE spam.

There are better ways to have situational ammo. Suppression LMGs could reduce enemy accuracy when bullets fly close enough, that would be infinitely better than spamming area effect bullets in doorways.

Instead of easy-mode head shots the Canis could cause a slight EMP effect which causes more damage to shields and distrupts abilities, NC could have a concussive effect and TR could cause a target to bleed and continue to lose health after the shooting stops. All situational, sacrificing dps for utility. Anything but what's essentially a hitbox hack.
    • Up x 1
  17. Prudentia

are you high? Lasher low skill? let me hold your straight jacket so you can get back in.
    As a tool the lasher is straight forward, as a weapon it's terrible and needs serious skill to compensate for all of it's shortcomings.

just like your idea of a suppression LMG is the epitome of skillless weapons,as can be seen in the battlefield games where shooting first is more important that shooting accurate simply because shooting first removes the ability to shot accurate. If you want there to be skill involved in shooting you just can't have one person shooting make it impossible for the other to return fire.
    • Up x 1
  18. adamts01

Come on, if you're trying to fill a typical PS2 LMG role with the Lasher then you're an idiot. Don't bring it to a 1v1 and "compensate" and try to make it do what it's not supposed to do. Find a big fight, hold down the fire button at a doorway, and get kill after kill after kill. That's about as easy as it gets. I agree that my idea for a suppression LMG is the epitome of skill-less weapons, but at least it wouldn't be rewarding that player with kills, as it would obviously have to be balanced as a considerably worse damage dealer than typical guns. It would be a force multiplier, the way actual LMGs are used, enabling your team to more effectively move in and secure kills. And I'd be fine with no fancy ammo as well, as it normally turns out to be some gimmicky crutch for people who won't learn and get better, such as UA ammo, the Lasher, any AI gun pretty much, lock-ons..... It's all lame.
  19. Prudentia

if you use the lasher you WILL use it as a regular LMG very often, curtesy of the fact that you using it to fight infantry at close range and you'll have to defend yourself constantly. a good secondary is an absolut mus as a lasher user but you'll still use the lasher itself for most fights as you'll already be shooting with it when you get jumped and just quickly try to reacquire the threat. in that role it sucks and you are reliant on the enemies aim and your ADAD spam.
    also if you die to a lashers splash thats your own fault. It does 75 damage max at 333rpm. thats pitiful. thats the damage of a tier 2 SMG at 100m combined with the firerate of a semi auto sniper rifle. take 1 step back or push through, the lasher just wants you gone from the 3m around it's impact point,outside and even inside of that radius you are entirely safe.
    The only saving grace for the lasher is that it looks absolutely fabulous and that 99% of the playerbase are lobotomized and camp doorways by hugging them.
  20. adamts01

The Lasher is essentially a hand held Scythe PPA, arguably the best infantry farming tool in the game, but with a considerably faster fire rate and higher dps. There would be a **** storm if TR or NC Heavies got to walk around with their faction's AI nose gun. Is it your own fault if you die to a Banshee, or an Air Hammer? The biggest problem I see in this game is a lack of competition and a lack of good fights, and noob weapons like the Canis/Lasher/lock-ons/Coyotes/HESH..... They're just the wrong way to go in a fps.