Missing...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Dec 13, 2017.

1. elkikko92

I know that HEX SYSTEM has a lot of problems, but I miss the strategy and the freedom of battles with old system
  2. LordKrelas

The Freedom to dodge any defense, making it worthless, while Zergs dodged the everything, and couldn't be held back at all.
  3. elkikko92

Adding a good resource revamp could be a good idea, keeping the old hex-system
  4. LordKrelas

That doesn't fix the practical issues with the hex system.
    All it would do, would change how force-multipliers are spammed, not how every defense is meaningless, and zergs can flow around each other & everything else.

Like dear lord.
  5. Prudentia

nah, lattice is great, in theory. the issue is simply that the number of connections is way too low, half the time you can only push in a single direction, when it would be a lot more fun to something more weblike, where you can encircle and cutoff a base without being 100% disconnected from the original fight. that would also spread out the fights a bit more if a single fight can defend 2 bases at once.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tankalishious

Lattice is great, but needs a few more links a few places per map.

Pre lattice, a zerg would roam everywhere, swarming everything it came over basewise, and capping a continent was near impossible of enemy decided to go all guerilla on you with stalkers and gbostcap bases everygoddamnwhere. Lattice system forces confrontations and combat. It's healthy as combat and war is what people want. It makes it possible to halt a zerg of slow it down significantly, and it stops ghostcapping of multiple bases far from the fighting fronts.
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

I don't think the lattice needs "more links," at least not all at once, but it rather needs something that allows for options without allowing the kinds of unbound options that will just retread the issues with the Pure Hex System. What that actually looks like is one of those questions for the ages.
    • Up x 1