Canis nerf...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LavenderFennec, Dec 13, 2017.

1. LavenderFennec

The new ammo is completely useless now, not only do you get little to no cover when using it but now its a 5-7 shot kill at max damage and now even at range in live play its a 20+ shot kill, the other factions? Oh no they're smg's are finally being used by another faction! Oh the horror! Seriously we finally get our own Cyclone and it gets nerfed a few days later because of "auto aim"? Seriously in my testing i hit the shoulder/back/legs/a F****** wall more then i hit the head unless i was with in hip firing range at which point the only reason i got a head shot was because my cone of fire was way bigger.

Putting a laser sight on the Canis with the new ammo made the headshot count drop dramatically, but you know its over powered, not completely removing the downsides to a suppressor or having an insane kill potential/ "1 shot to 10m a.k.a pull the trigger once", no those aren't over powered at all not one bit so now if we choose to use UA our gun becomes a 5-7+ shot kill at any range that includes head shots, where as the others are still a 3-7+ shot kill but oh wait we have a whopping 67 rmp advantage! Whooo yeah!!! ...Thats like what? Less then a bullet per-second? maybe a bullet a second even though TTK's in this game are less then half a second at times, do you see how 1 bullet a second doesn't matter here? Why not just buff the TR smg?? Give it 45 rounds or maybe an extended mag slot and bump up the rate of fire to 700? Seriously we have 845 rpm carbines with the 143 damage model that at the same distance are way better then any of these SMG's hell the Sirius is 'worse' then the Serpent out side of how much ammo it has on that that whopping .1 second faster reload...

Or maybe make it so the new ammo type on the Gladius doesnt remove 4 rounds? To me and my testing the Gladius was far superior to the Canis. Got on my NC got the Gladius and the new ammo with a suppressor and bam 20 kills on less then an hour hell id go as far to say 20 mins...walked into 1 room and was basically able to clear it, the Canis? Nah no where near that good. I haven't had much time if any with the Jackal mainly because i haven't had time to play TR with the snowman hunt but compared to the ~3 hours i played to day i got absolutely crushed by the other SMG's now, like before i stood a chance now not even close...
    But it was over powered right? Or maybe it was the fact that EVERYONE WAS USING IT ON EVERY CLASS THEY COULD!!!!!! It still an amazing weapon don't get me wrong but face to face with any other gun in its class hell even against the Sirius or Eridani and the other's will kicks its rump 6 ways to Sunday
    These guns in my opinion and from my testing were perfectly balanced when put against each other and the Canis now is basically the Cyclone with out softpoint which i may remind you these other SMG's/any gun that has it get a +1 meter advantage with their soft point ammo equipped or when put on the NS-PDW an extra 10m!. No-one seems to read the description of anything in this game.

Soft point drops your muzzle velocity by 5% which is hardly noticeable/impossible to tell in live play and adds an extra 5m to your maximum damage range there is literally no reason not to run softpoint on any gun that has it, except the Gladius now with its new ammo and a suppressor mind you. Before running softpoint and a suppressor was only gaining back that ~5m you lost while using a suppressor while also losing more muzzle velocity now with the Gladius' new ammo you completely remove the downsides as they don't say you lose effective range with them only 50% muzzle velocity so the Canis and Jackal are completely out shined by the Gladius if you equip a suppressor now but its 'balanced' because you lose out on that 1 extra kill potential right? Pfff again if kill potential is being factored in the Jackal out shines all of these SMG's but again "auto-aim" as it was called was far more powerful...

Any way i guess my rant is done people are probably going to sit here and think im just the average complaining VS that lost out on their "op" gun because everyone was using it, because im a VS main but in all honesty? I love the Gladius to death and am a major fan of the other factions weapons and voice packs i'm not sure why i lean on VS so much but i do, probably not as much as i once did after this holiday event because i'm getting tired of playing my VS character i'm just trying to find that stupid snowman >~<
    • Up x 1
  2. LordKrelas

I can't recall the Cyclone having the head-shotting for days ammo.
    Like dear lord.
  3. LavenderFennec

You dont remember being killed an insane amount of times by the Cyclone? Man where were you before this update? The only gun i had that could beat the Cyclone was a pump shotty and even then it was a 50/50 chance, and again if you read, my testing proved it wasnt the head shooting "auto-aim" everyone thought it was
  4. JibbaJabba

If you all hadn't gone on a game ruining rampage against TR and NC over the last week I would have more sympathy.

But no. The VS faction as a whole abused this and abused it good. You knew good and well it sucked for the other players but didn't care.

QQ I say. QQ.
    • Up x 11
  5. HAXTIME

6. LavenderFennec

Idk about you, but i stomped players using the Canis when i used the Gladius or on my TR an Armistice or Hailstorm it wasnt that hard to beat...like seriously... or hell even the NS-PDW with soft point at range murdered the Canis before and now its no competition no matter what and the cooled power cell or what ever it is is DOES NOTHING for 100/200 certs i cant remember its completely useless, literally it makes the gun worse and has no upsides, the NC and TR both got their guns with fully functioning everything.
  7. LavenderFennec

You clearly didnt read my whole post...
  8. HAXTIME

You were too quick to reply, I'm still editing. A few minutes please.
  9. JibbaJabba

Well geeze man, can you blame him?

:p
  10. LavenderFennec

Not one bit, its a rant for a reason X3
    • Up x 1
  11. LavenderFennec

Maybe write all you want to write before posting and prof read before posting as well and i wouldn't have to give you a minute~
    • Up x 1
  12. JibbaJabba

Mmm, I wouldn't say stomped. The Gladius certainly doesn't suck, but if myself and a Canis user had to "quick draw 1v1!!!" each other, they would win more often than not.

My best luck against it was just switching to an LMG or something that was effective at a range the Canis was ineffective.

I spent some time with the Canis too, and it has the same drawbacks as other SMGs. If you try to use it outside it's intended place you'll die a lot.

But... I also got to use it at "room distances" and it utterly melts faces. Melts faces from hipfire while running around like a chicken. Melts multiple faces in a single clip, then reloads so fast you never reach for your sidearm.
    • Up x 2
  13. LordKrelas

Your testing in words, without a video, when the other 5 threads show the massive area of the head for the ammo...
    I think I'm gonna go with the data that shows the massive head hitbox is a massive *** area as opposed to "See, as I say here, it isn't auto-aiming"

As well, the Cyclone is a glorious damage dealer if you can aim.
    It can not however hit the target for me nearly, nor land me head-shots as easily.
    Nor does it have the reload or range of the Canis.
    • Up x 1
  14. LavenderFennec

The Eridani is roughly the same with reload time a better fire rate and only 5 rounds less with the extended mags so pick your posion Eridani is cheaper to get the same performance and if on any other class thats not infl there are better guns for the range and cheaper >~<
  15. LavenderFennec

I live stream every time i play this game its all on video, im sorry im not like everyone else and promoting my streaming channel every chance i get if you wanna sift through 24+ hours of game play sense this gun came out be my guest~ https://www.twitch.tv/inqufox
  16. LavenderFennec

I cant seem to edit my post so here, hopefully this shows up under my original post

So, after reviewing not only my oldest character but also my newest character and the head shot stats i have on all of my top guns turns out i was right, not surprisingly, the "Head shot machine"/"Head shotting for days ammo"/ "Auto-Aim" ammo didn't improve my head shot count/average one bit, 1/5 to 1/4 of all my kills with my weapons out side of sniper rifles are head shots the Canis is no different over the week or so this gun was live with its "OP" ammo it clearly didn't give me an edge over any of my other weapons.

My stats are those of the average player, my average hit accuracy is 26% nothing amazing or fantastic. With individual guns the Canis is at 32% but also not surprising my accuracy with the Gladius isn't far behind at 30% the hailstorm is also at 30% so at most this gave me a two percent increase in accuracy not a whole lot. Like we aren't talking 30%+ no were talking 2% again proving my point that the Canis's ammo didn't give people at least the average player such as myself some super weapon people made it out to be but obviously the nerf is here and we have to deal with it and I'm just voicing my concerns that will be lost in time on this form because someone else will come along and complain about something else i mean my last post got X amount of views and comments and this dropped off the face of the earth, i may have even broken the forum rules again, i cant remember doing that then again that was 4 years ago and looking at the reasons they gave pff snow flakes X3

TL;DR The Canis didnt give me any sugnificant boost to my accuracy as seen in my stats and of course i have the stray 70-80% hit accuracy on things like rockets and shotties but hey its hard to miss big slow/stationary objects i mean even my Lancer has 65% accuracy any way i hope you all have a nice day/night and that fortune brings you greatness! ^~^
  17. LordKrelas

Your accuracy across the board isn't going to skyrocket unless you only fired that gun.
    And even then, The ease of landing head-shots & body-shots without actually trying, that it had, was bloody broken.
    Imagine a firefight, and you have to aim & hit the target - the Canis user needs to fire in the direction only.
    A shot landing on the body or off to the side of the head for only the Canis User becomes a head-shot.
    This is a direct bloody advantage...

Anyone with the ability to even aim, with that large of a head hitbox area, is going to literally be near straight head-shots or a flood of them, let alone at 40 rounds before a quick reload.
  18. dotfuscator

thread starter, i completely second your opinion.
  19. Jac70

I take no notice of pubs whining about weapons. I played with the Canis and got about 80 kills. It was a decent weapon, I didn't feel unstoppable with it, felt a lot like the other SMGs I had used before and as I have been maining the Archer for months it was a real nice change being able to actually kill people in a 1v1.

My accuracy with the weapon was about 23%. Not a lot of kills yes and I'd probably test fired it at nothing a few times so accuracy would probably level out a bit higher. However my accuracy with Eridani was 24% with the requisite 1160 kills - so in my opinion the Canis was nowhere near 'broken' like a lot of the whiners claimed. In a 1v1 against a Gladius I felt I was outgunned.

So the devs say it was over performing and they are the only people who can really know. Though there's probably not enough data to say that at this stage - so a double-nerf is another over-reaction. It seems to me that they have turned a weapon with a bit of faction flavour into another nothing weapon that is no different to any of the other SMGs. I'm back with the Archer. Has anyone who has the patience to work out stats for weapons actually looked at the new numbers, is it worth taking this thing out compared to the other alternatives now.
  20. LavenderFennec

Yet again, not surprisingly someone read the first sentence and blew the rest of it off, i clearly went into the accuracy of specific weapons and head shots etc with my top used guns/smg's and again not surprisingly you blew off the fact that it was only 2% more then the second best weapons i had used and still didnt give me some super head shot "auto-aim" weapon. For the "auto-aim" to be true my accuracy with the Canis should have been through the roof as well as my head shot average with said gun.