REFUND NERFED ITEMS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WORSTgameEU, Dec 12, 2017.

1. JibbaJabba

*squints*

Math doesn't add up on that claim methinks.
  2. Drsexxytime

Somebody did the math on Reddit. Oh it's true, it's damn true.
  3. Tankalishious

Then link it
  4. JibbaJabba

Got a link?

Napkin math says this:
    Both guns have the same RoF (Canis spin-up RoF won't be reached during the TTK we're talking here)
    Canis does 334 per *head* shot.
    Gladius does 200 per shot.

soooo.... /shrug.

But doc! That's without the unstable ammo!
    Ok.

Cannis does 200.4 damage per *head* shot with UA. So same RoF and same damage as Gladius. Then of course the Gladius drops off at what 6m when the cannis does 10m? Plus lets not forget: Even the nerfed UA is going to make headshots easier... AND body shots, don't forget that.

So no, math doesn't support the assertion that "
    Gladius kills faster in bodyshots than Canis does in headshots"

Happy to check the link that disputes this though.
    • Up x 2
  5. chamks

how about refund for the blast shell for magrider? which is now ****? can i have 1000 cert refund for this ****** cannon please?
  6. chamks

im sorry i meant not to be so aggresive just frustrated
    • Up x 2
  7. JibbaJabba

I feel ya. Having been playing since beta, I'm a bit less phased by this. Every time there is something badly OP the resulting nerf always seems to be overkill.

This was a bad one. A nearly game breaking OPness. I knew the nerf stick would be brutal and even recommended folks be cautious when buying it.

A 1.5x headshot multiplier and no other nerfs would have done the trick I think. Hopefully dev just went overkill to stop NC and TS guys from cancelling subscriptions (it got really bad man, not sure if you witnessed). When dust settles and some new metrics accumulate I think it might get a subtle re-buff. Have hope!
    • Up x 1
  8. chamks

dude chek your post; op defenition is over power. but 1050-50 5m is not over power, every tank in this game has it. except for the vs mbt. i wish i puted these 1000 cert on the lighting hesh. rip 1000 certs. right in the month i was working on certing my magrider and bought it. using the heat ever since... way more usefull.
  9. Bloodlock

what about all the VS unsubscriptions? [IMG]
  10. LordKrelas

Just for comic factor, I don't mean it negatively or insulting, or of the like:

Isn't VS with the least population, so it's less than either let alone both TR & NC populations?
  11. typnct

every nation with low pop should get exp bonus(imo)
    and an overpoped nation shouldnt get any bonuses
    most of the time i see it like this vs 24%-30% tr 34%-36% nc 40%-36%
  12. stalkish

LOL youre both talking about different things, its funny.
    He is referring to the Canis and Unstable Ammo.
    Not sure why since you were clearly talking about the VPC cannon nerf.
  13. freeAmerish

REFUND NERFED ITEMS?

Look what happened with thermal optics... Many spend several thousand certs on them, no comparison to a1000
    cert SMG.
    Probably too many b*tched too much back then, the developers were upset an did exactly the opposite: zero refund.
    • Up x 1
  14. Bloodlock

exp bonus? nah... do like the pros... the real mmo with factions...
    underpop factions gains dmg boost not exp... :p
  15. The Rogue Wolf

People are always whining that they want refunds for nerfed weapons. How would you feel if you were forced to pay more to keep using things that have been buffed?
  16. Ziggurat8

DBG/SOE has only ever refunded items they removed from the game. They will not refund anything they changed even if it's completely broken.

That's just the way it is. Don't buy **** with money you can earn with certs. EVER.

Let me say that again.

DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING WITH DBC YOU CAN EARN WITH CERTS.

Heed that advice and you won't get burned. DBG will ******* hate me for telling you that cause they want you to spend money. But you WILL regret buying something. Better to not be out money.

Spend money on membership, boosts, cosmetics...never ever spend money on things you can get with certs. Trust me.

5 yrs I've played this game. Dont make the same mistake l did. I bought Thermals with DBC on dozens of weapons. I don't use "threat detection optics" on a single load out. They ****** them up that badly. But they didn't remove them. No refund.
  17. Ziggurat8

If they issued a refund with every single change and you could decide if you wanted to repurchase it...but maybe they upped the cost? I would go for that. Certainly better customer service than "yeah we know its ******* useless. We made it that way on purpose. Now eat your **** sandwich and smile." Attitude they have now.

I would spend a little more, cause I would have more overall. They have ****** over more things than they've made worth using. True story. Most games have power creep. This game has the exact opposite. Lol. **** keeps getting less and less effective.