[Vehicle] Can Aircraft Mouse Controls Be Changed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BarnsBroadside, Dec 13, 2017.

1. BarnsBroadside

Is there any way to take roll off the mouse movement and put yaw on it?
  2. Prudentia

yeah, with thumbbuttons ;)
  3. BarnsBroadside

Thumb buttons aren't mouse movement unfortunately, but I guess that's a no.

I did a forum search for it, and found some angry threads about the controls, and a "we need more pilots" thread.

I have been a pilot in other games, and would love to be one in PS2, but not with the wonky default controls and no way to change what is bound to the mouse movement.

Quite simply:

Yaw = Aiming
    Aiming = Mouse
    Roll = Maneuvering
    Maneuvering = WASD
  4. Tankalishious

Again, who the f..k uses yaw at all for flying? Yaw is to amongst other small things to counter wind for ex. In this game it's for aim adjustment. Roll mouse to wanted side and pull back, just like you would on a stick.
    You want yaw cause you can't get on target fast enough. If you give mouse yaw to ACE pilots, they will just shoot you down even faster.
    It will be like facing a 6.7KD headshot infantry master on the ground, total annihilation.
  5. BarnsBroadside

I prefer to roll with A or D and pull back with S.

See, I "the f..k" dont use yaw to fly, nor do I use the mouse to fly. I use mouse and yaw to aim only. I'm just asking if there is any option to change the controls, such as a mod or hidden config settings.

Ideally, I would have roll and pitch on WASD, yaw and lesser pitch on the mouse, and throttle on a slider bound to the mouse wheel or something.
  6. Tankalishious

There you go, you want easier aim.
  7. Kristan

Devs said they can't
  8. BarnsBroadside

I'm guessing you don't fly in the game, and hate getting hit by flyers.
  9. Kristan

lol, you're entirely wrong, he's a so called "Skyknight".
  10. Tankalishious

Damn... you got me....
    What server are you on, in-game name and fraction btw?
  11. Tankalishious

Plz. I am certainly not. My nick says what i do.
  12. Pikachu

Old reddit posts show they could but didn'tn understand why anyone would want to yaw with mouse. Smedly called it rtrd... but that they could give it as an option in the future. Earler this year however someone asked Wrel about this and he said it's unlikely and it would be technically difficult.
  13. BarnsBroadside

Well I'm on Emerald and play the Reds, but I actually haven't played in like a year. I just recently resolved a connection issue with the game and wanted to pick it up again mostly to try the flying. I got fairly good at flying in some other games since last time I played PS2.

As far as whether or not I would stand a chance against the ace fliers already in the game, well I guess I wouldn't when I'm forced to use a control system that is totally alien to me against guys that spent years using it. If there were enough control options available to allow new players to fly the way they are comfortable in terms of mouse and keyboard, then maybe the learning curve wouldn't be so high.

Cant? Won't bother is more likely.

I just started playing RS2 Vietnam, and their helicopter control options allow you to choose between Yaw on mouse, Roll on mouse, or both on mouse. I'm not saying their options are perfect (no keyboard only, and pitch on mouse is default in all 3 of those options with no way to change), but they are at least better than what's in PS2.

If PS2's devs really cant do it, then I guess the devs of that other game are just more talented.
  14. Kristan

And I have an Infiltrator on userpic, while my main class is LA.
  15. Tankalishious

I'm serious. I main MBT and harassers. Flying is just for funsies.
  16. BarnsBroadside

Light Assault is what I played when I did play, but now is the time of day I can actually get a pilot slot in RS2V, so I'm off to do some keyboard flying and mouse aiming.