Canis 'Auto-Aim' Ammo Needs to Go

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rydenan, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Pelojian

there's a difference between a weapon being a notch above other faction's weapons of a class and having a weapon that is mutliple notches, unstable ammo is effectively aim assist in a game with no other aim assist weapons, you can score easy headshots where any other weapon would class it as a miss.

unstable ammo is effectively a sanctioned hitbox hack so people will buy the gun with cash, farm the auraxium and then DBG will nerf it after the hardcore have grinded it out, like they have done to many weapons before.
    • Up x 2
  2. Dargadon

Guys, that should be done not in "next update" but in "right now" hotfix. Mainly because Canis is gamebreaking for other factions. Letting VS to faceroll around for one more week minimum (knowing your "next update releasing speed") can`t be understood.
  3. JibbaJabba

There may be imbalances in the SMG right now, but they are not game breaking. Take your time to evaluate.

However the UA is gamebreaking. Please fix it immediately, ie today.

Fixing it after one faction has accumulated 4000 iso, is just going to introduce long term imbalances. The fact that this is happening during the holiday promotion is doubly frustrating as a player.
  4. Roxxlyy Community Relations

• Up x 1
  5. Mekk_TR

You can see in this video that with Canis, you aim away from the head and your bullets still hit the target!!

It is like all your enemys are now having theyre head the size of a baskett ball !

ANd even at long range it look like it is working as good...

This is pretty stupid at the base first.
    But secondly, stupid to give this to VS who already won all alert...

Dont get me wrong.. if you give me this weapon (im TR) i would say that it is OP too.

Tell me when it will be nerf, i will come back to the game.
  6. JibbaJabba

Again, WTF does the scatmax being nerfed have to do with the Unstable Ammo turning head hitboxes into pumpkins? Maybe the gatekeeper needs a re-buff. But... it's irrelevant.

If UA is broken, it needs fixed.
  7. FateJH

That is not what "gamebreaking" means. Gamebreaking is the game actually not starting or only working to a certain, common point before a fully predictable crash to desktop or worse.
  8. JibbaJabba

Are we doing a true scottsman now?

Gamebreaking can also mean: ruin the enjoyment of the playerbase causing them to leave. By that bar, yes it is gamebreaking. The bull **** that is going on with the VS on the servers right now is not tolerable. 40% server pop and rolling nearly every alert since the weapon got released? Who on the other two factions is going to put up with that crap for very long.

Gamebreaking.

Also, don't be pedantic. You knew good and well what I meant.
    • Up x 1
  9. Drsexxytime

Are you refunding purchases made to this gun and it's attatchments? Reason asked is supposedly this is how it went down. Players told you guys it was OP in PTS, you balanced, released the gun anyways, players cried, now you guys also say it's OP. So as a paying customer to me it seems like you guys knew it was in the state it was, released it knowing people would buy it from what they heard, now you're tuning it so it's headshot TTK is higher than the NC Gladius TTK body shots... balanced.

Also, wheres the fix for lag-wizards and hitbox modifiers? When is that to be done?
  10. JibbaJabba

Aye, a refund on the UA would be appropriate. That's a heavy nerf, and comes awfully soon after release.
    • Up x 1
  11. Atorum

I didnt even bother to test it on VR when it came out but seeing this, wow, just wow.
    Yep, ill say it once again, this happens when devs dont even play the game the work on......
  12. CaptCran

Until then, don't fight the VS.
  13. Braneman

I love this, it looks like so many of these same arguments can be applied directly to the NC's Max suit shotguns.
    Also the headshot footage, it's like you're playing Overwatch!
  14. DemonicTreerat

Except for one tiny detail. If you use the regular ammo (aka buckshot) and aim right you will probably hit the head - but with how many pellets is random. It might be all 6 or it might be 1. That number being important because while 6 pellets to the head is probably going to kill someone, 1 will just annoy them while giving away your presence. Unstable ammo however was for all intents a 100% chance to hit the head with even a little aiming for the full damage.

Eh typical PS2 VS. Can't handle it when his toys that are clearly not balanced at all get even a tiny adjustment. One thing about this update - its made it easier to find the "play VS for easy mode and/or 4th factioning" twerps to add to my ignore list.
  15. JibbaJabba

How many hours do you have in an NC Max?
  16. JibbaJabba

Actually never mind. We all know the answer.
  17. boey

There won't be any refunds. Refunds are only made, if the weapon is changed to a totally different weapon. But this isn't the case, so no refunds. I also flushed 1200 certs down the toilet. But that's Planetside you know.
  18. Lizare

In your server, in mine (Miller) VS are usually underpop. When I came back around 2 months ago, it took me around a whole week to see the the first VS victory in an alert.

You don't win an alert with a weapon, you do it with good squad/platoon leaders.

The Canis was fun for the CQC and bad for the middle/long range fights, now they "removed" UA, let's see how it is.

But Imo the things who are "Gamebreaking" are the glitch abusers and the scripts/macros, no recoil, auto heal...
    Btw I don't think that there's a lot of working hacks for PS2 because I probably didn't seen 5 players who were clearly using hack so far.
  19. LordKrelas

Miller has a NC Overpop - not to mention, VS has a record for Alert wins.
    As well, with a weapon you can win an alert, if it allows domination of the enemy at the very range needed to cap the bases to win the alert.
    Good leaders to take advantage of this dominating capability, is a bit secondary, since all you need is for people to want kills.
    Whom will go to the best range for it, with the weapon.
    Which are... where the cap points are, for this weapon's range.

Being able to hit the head with a body-shot, is a bit breaking of balance.
    Given your opponent hits the body, it hits the body, not the smaller target for a damage boost for the same shot you took.
  20. Lizare

In Miller or in general ? Because for Miller:
    NC 31 wins
    VS 25 wins
    TR 22 wins
    For the last 10 days according to http://ps2.fisu.pw/alert/

Shotguns, flash/smoke/concussion grenades, maxes (the VS one is so bad)... you really think that a gun with a large bullet can change the face of the CQC?

It's sad to see that when something isn't NS it's a problem.

Anyway the UA is dead now and that's what miller look like:
    [IMG]