Prediction came true. DBG messes up Faction Specific Weps

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, Dec 11, 2017.

1. OgreMarkX

When I heard DBG was doing faction specific SMGs I said it was a good move in the right direction but that DBG would screw it up. Since release, DBG has failed to make decent faction specific features for all three factions. TR was always the worst.

Ex. For most of PS2, TR tank feature was bugged (lockdown took forever to take effect and to remove, and was unuseable with the slightest terrain issue--and FYI the terrain engine, shared by the fraud that was Everquest Next, was a problem in EQN too...)

So when SMGs were brought up I said VS would get something really neat and useful, NC would get something useful and TR would get a lame watered down version of what would eventually be surpassed by an NS weapon.

And....DBG delivered.

Now, in game, it's CANIS everywhere...I mean...WTF...DBG actually CODED AN IN GAME A CHEAT HITBOX WEAPON. Who's flying the Hindenburg guys? Who's piloting the Titanic?

Seriously DBG...SERIOUSLY? How about coding a VS warp character implant, a VS 100% head shot scope, or an "exploit terrain for invulnerability VS vehicle".

Oh...right, you are serious.

Fatigue setting in, Canis isn't a huge issue, but it's enough...DBG HAD TO HAVE KNOWN...so cancelling three paid accounts I've had for 12 years (for Everquest)--and the one I am on now, I've had as paid since June 1999. It goes in a few months.
  2. Campagne

Really, anyone with a bit of experience with PS2 could have seen the way things were going to lay out. I for one feel my prediction was spot on as well. :p

Anyway though, Gladius isn't exactly the definition of "useful," nor is the Jackal inferior to an NS SMG. Jackal's pretty decent in my opinion. Just needs a few little tweaks (like the Canis' 40-round magazines) and it'll be good to go.
  3. Prudentia

*cough* gatekeeper
    *cough* striker
    *cough* HE Prowler
    *cough* Vulcan
    aka:
    the imbalance wheel goes round and round, round and round, round and round
    • Up x 3
  4. ChUnKiFieR

Nothing says OP like bunches of people rushing out to get the Canis as soon as it comes out. Except for the maps maybe? Look at all those VS all of the sudden and look at that 20 minute wait in line for VS, and that's for members. Naw it aint OP!

But once again all you insanely stupid people fell for the old buff and nerf routine. Buy it then they'll nerf it just like all the other times. How is it all you people are so damned dumb to fall for it every damned time and then come here and complain about it. And it's always the same friggin morons! Some peoples children sheesh!
  5. Kristan

Excuse me, but WHAT?! Halberd is performing better than Gatekeeper right now.

Also the rest that you've mentioned, you have Aphelion, Saron (which works better than Gatekeeper), Lancer (pure hitscan weapon). But all those weapon are somewhat equal to TR counterparts. While Canis by all stats are clearly OP and poorly designed.
  6. Prudentia

yes right now, cause you know, they got nerfed after absolutely destroying everything in the past...
    also absolute lol at the Lancer being "hitscan" just... lol...
  7. Kristan

I dare you to hit a moving tank at 300+ range with a Striker. Good luck. You'll change your mind about Lancer pretty quick.
  8. Prudentia

One weapon being a close range Rapid fire weapon does not make other weapons hitscan
  9. HAXTIME

Rhetorical question, but what reasonability did you expect from someone who cancels a game subscription over a single SMG? The dude needs a break.
    • Up x 2
  10. LodeTria

Before CAI it almost was, after CAI not so much though.
  11. [K29C] Gwennec

They have a point.
    Gatekeeper was also deemed completely OP by the other factions when it came out, had to be nerfed.
    Striker made every NC and VS pilot cry when it came out, had to be nerfed. Not sure if it's changed recently but it was pretty shocking last time I used it.

Prowlers easily beat the other tanks at long range encounters.
    Vulcun is a beast, even after it's nerf.

Yes the VS SMG is unbalanced and the TR one could use an improvement. It's almost as if someone got the VS and TR ones mixed up when they set the RoF, they should basically have their RoF switched. That's the way the faction weapons always worked in the past:

TR: low DPH but high RoF to make up for it
    NC: high DPH but low RoF to balance
    VS always used to be somewhere in between.

I do wish the devs would stick to those Faction concepts...

If they did that then this is what you'd have;

NC: Same as it is now, a good reliable weapon.
    TR: lowest DPH but with the highest ROF to make up for it, turning it into a good reliable weapon.
    VS: Same DPH as the TR variant but with a larger magazine in exchange for lower RoF. (Should also reduce the hitbox to match the other two). Turning this into a balanced, reliable weapon.

Currently what we have is:

NC: Good reliable weapon
    VS: Why would you not use this? Do you want to lose?
    TR: Just don't even...