How HARD...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaptCran, Dec 1, 2017.

1. CaptCran

How hard would it be to bring back looting corpses like in PS 1??? I would love to be able to use enemy weapons of the same class like back in the day.
    • Up x 2
  2. Campagne

Don't know at all personally, but we'd be talking an entirely new system of game mechanics--Looting, inventory, weapon storage? Really wouldn't be easy.
    • Up x 1
  3. Halkesh

Planetside 1 had a inventory system right ? (didn't played the game, I've only seen video) Since planetside 2 don't have that kind of system, I think we will only be able to loot primary weapons.
  4. FLHuk

You'd have team killing "Cuz the guy that picked up the battle goose isn't as godly as me!"
    • Up x 1
  5. Halkesh

Only during the first week, until they realize small weapon are sidegrade. Also, devs could make people that die from teamkill don't drop their weapon. :D
  6. breeje

why would i change my rifle for a inferior one, the best weapon in the game is the one i know
    the recoil, the handeling, best range to use, when to burst, ..........
  7. Humoreske

JH and MCG of PS1 were treasure.
    but I don't need the enemy 's HA weapon of PS2...
  8. Kristan

Do you really need to loot a weapon when TTK in this game is less than a second? What's the point? The only thing I'd loot is empire specific AV weapons. Other weapons just not worth it or you will get killed too quick to actually enjoy them.
  9. DarkStarAnubis

Depending on the solution it could be hard to implement. This should be easy:
    when players die, their weapons are scattered around until the body does not disappear. You find a weapon you fancy, focus on it (weapon change color or else) and press an imaginary "swap weapon" key. If it does not work it means you can't pick it up (e.g. you are HA and you see a sniper rifle). After swapping the new weapon (and ammo) is your until you die (when you die, you revert to your stock one), yours drops on the floor.

However, this mechanism could be easily abused:
    Player A purchases the uber-weapon XXX and wants to share it among his pals. With the help of a Medic, he is killed and resurrected several times until all the squad is equipped with an XXX.
  10. OneShadowWarrior

Looting backpacks in Planetside 1 used to be fun, they probably got rid of it, because it caused to much lag.
  11. FLHuk

Triggered ;)