NC Connery. Why we haven't won an alert in almost a week.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KiritoSenpai, Nov 25, 2017.

1. REZistance

The way I see it is like playing a game of chess with an opponent who only wants to take pieces off the board.

You: Checkmate, I win.
    PS2 player: No, I took more pieces than I lost.. look, I took almost all of your pieces off the board and hardly lost any, I win!
    You: No dude, the point of the game is to put the King into checkmate, which I just did to yours. I win.
    PS2 player: No brah, you can't make me play the game the way YOU want me to play it. My K/D is off the hook and since I took a lot of your pieces with my Queen I get a silver plated Queen now. Ha!
    You: *facepalm*

I happily put myself in the win at all costs crowd. The whole point of the game is to be the team that locks the current continent. Full stop. There are three competing factions and you want it to be yours that locks the continent. Once that happens a new continent opens up and you do it all over again. It takes an incredible amount of coordination, communication, effort, timing, and luck to be able to fend off two attacking factions and hold 36 territory (especially when the timer is 45 minutes long and the trigger is only 41 territory). In response to Lord Krelas, believe me, it isn't your weaponry that keeps you from winning alerts... it's because you guys are lacking all or most of those other things I mentioned.

I'm always paying attention to the continent pops, and on Connery at least I don't notice a ton of faction switching right before an alert. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but ISO and a decal, especially after some time (all my implants are level 5, no real need for ISO) isn't really worth much. I'm not totally clear what constitutes 'good combat' in this game, but if it has something to do with exactly even numbered sides.. this is not the game for that.

It's my conclusion that it's really just the community that's strange. They play a competitive fps but don't want to participate in the win conditions. They have three factions with clear and disparate faction traits, but then go on to just complain endlessly about what the other guys have that the game eventually turns into the same bland oatmeal on all sides. They constantly complain about the leverage of numbers (colloquially referred to as 'zerging') in a huge asymmetrical sandbox, and then go on to pine about wanting to play what amounts to a simple death match game. They bash the devs for trying to make an engaging system where all three factions battle it out for dominance, but in the end it turns out too complicated for the players and takes too much effort from the players, so instead they just sit in biolabs and shoot each other at close distance over and over in hopes that one day they'll get a shiny gun that is statistically no better than the one you started the game with.
  2. LordKrelas

I want you to then achieve the same results with a NC AI Max, in the same environment as a TR AI Max.
    I then want you to take a Shotgun out in the open, and compare it to taking a Chain-gun into the open.
    Then I want you to try using a Reaver against a Scythe or Mossie, and win that gods be damned fight.

Now then, for the final bit; Take a Vanguard, and destroy a tank, with the same effort only that You did with an TR Prowler.
    Good ******* luck.

As if it's not the equipment, NC shouldn't mystically be unable to engage in an open field with a Max unit.
    Nor be dealing with RNG Shotguns, on every gods be damned platform, since TR & VS aren;t.
    Given the equipment isn't so vastly different, in capabilities, and adaptability apparently.

As no way in hell, does the entirety of VS & TR, actually play the game strictly to win.
    No way in hell, do they mystically keep all possible players in the Sky, in their ESFs rather than Reavers, for no reason.
    No way in hell, do you mystically see more TR & VS Maxes, outside of Bio Labs.

Like go ahead, and try to take a squad of random NC, or even a dedicated squad, to match what you can do with the same exact people on TR or VS.
  3. adamts01

Chess? Really? This is tic tac toe, connect 4 would be a stretch. Zerg a base to win, spam HE at the spawnroom, then redeploy and zerg a defense. That's it, that's absolutely all the strategy you need to succeed in PS2. This game is infested with a population that only sticks to 10:1 fights because they can't handle a challenge. Challenge is at the core of any successful game. That doesn't mean that we need a perfectly balanced lobby death match, but the core reason this game is failing is because of the complete lack of any sort of competition. Many nights it'll be hours of three 96+ zergs all trading territory and avoiding combat, hiding behind the excuse of "strategy". It's pathetic, and it's why Daybreak is forced to drop loot boxes on us, because no one's buying subscriptions like they used to.
  4. REZistance

If the point is in a room, then I want a shotgun Max or two in there more than I want TR or VS Maxes in there. For dispatching infantry indoors, accept no substitutes. If you're talking about running around outdoors in wide open spaces, just like you shouldn't be doing in a Max, then yes.. the other Maxes are able to hit things further away than a shotgun Max. Mattocks with slugs. Also, you have a pretty cool shield.

Who the f- does this though? Really.. who goes out into a big open field with enemies at range and tries to use a shotgun? Cmon man. Gauss Saw in an open field for the win.

I admittedly know nothing about flying. I take a scythe to where I need to go and bail out. That's about the extent of it :p

I don't use tanks either, but I've seen plenty battles over the years where Vanguards dominated both Mags and Prowlers.. it happens. The iWin shield is key.

If you insist on going out into an open field with a Max, then I suggest you use falcons or ravens.. not shotguns, man. Honestly, I think the problem is the players and not the minor deficiency your Maxes have outside of their comfort zone. Beyond that, all of your carbines, lmgs, assault rifles etc. are on par with what everyone else has.

Look here.. coincidentally enough, right on the day the OP made this thread, the 25th to today, NC has won 8 alerts on Connery, more than the other two factions in that time frame. Why did they win all of those alerts if their weapons are so damned incapable of winning alerts? http://ps2.fisu.pw/alert/

That's not the point I was trying to make. I don't think of PS2 as chess. I was giving an example of the mindset of the majority of PS2 players. The way the majority of players treat this game makes me feel like I'm playing chess with someone who just wants to takes pieces off the board instead of playing the actual point of the game. That's the entire point I'm trying to make. It isn't the weaponry, it isn't the zerging, it isn't the game design, it's the apathetic players.
  5. adamts01

If it's entirely the players' fault, why has NC losing been a thing since release? The answer is simple, PvP players chose the best gear to give them the best chance at success, and that's either VS or TR. There's just no other reasonable explanation for this NC losing phenomenon across so many years, so many countries, so many cultures, and so many different age groups.

You admittedly don't understand armor or air, and that's honestly 2/3 of the game where NC is at a severe disadvantage. The Vanguard was the single saving grace, but that was only in 1v1 duels, and we all know this isn't a 1v1 game. The Reaver is the clear loser in the air, and air superiority is arguably the most important thing in the game. You make a good point about holding a room with shotguns, but they're nerfed to the point where you can't fight to the room in the first place, and non-shotgun maxes hold rooms just fine, plus they can handle medium range at the same time. NC top guns are entirely outclassed by everything else. I've spent a good amount of time on every faction and actually main TR but left because it was easy mode, NC is straight dog ****.

Skill can obviously overcome a lot, but you have to consider equal skill when talking faction vs faction. Don't be so naive about the balance problems this game has, that's not the way to move forward.
    • Up x 1
  6. pnkdth

If that was the case no one would choose NC for Server Smash or Lane Smash. The difficulty of planetside though is it isn't a competitive game. There is zero match making, zero pop balance(in individual fights), people joining and leaving at the leisure, players have different and often conflicting interests, no indication of how many resources have been used and so on. Yet it was built as a competitive game. They had all kinds of plans for MLG gaming and whatnot.

Ironically, for NC, the same reason people chose them for the competitive events is why NC is failing at live. A NC MAX crash have historically be a tale of terrors. Heavy mechanised soldier stomping in spreading death and destruction. However, as quickly as the dust settles they're all standing there wondering what to do. In a highly organised setting there would already be sunderers and galaxies moving to bring them to their next spot but on live it will often mean wasted resources. Today though they've both made the MAX slower(no charge) and deploying C4 super fast and smooth so doesn't have the same weight to it anymore. Hearing the excuse they removed MAX charge because engineers lost track of them is something I expected to hear from someone who's never use a NC MAX.

In other words, slugs(for the MAX) should be a fire mode. The SAW, while a good weapon, is a really strange choice for a default and generally speaking I'd rather have NC have the Magburner variant with the vehicle shotguns and give VS some kind of whatever(too tired to think of something).
    • Up x 1
  7. Xada

27*

KiritoSenpai rezes me, 10/10, would die again.
  8. Corporate Thug

Connery NC are notoriously bad. I think they were the group of NC that gave them a bad name across all servers. There are a few outfits that are diamonds in the rough, but they are too far and few to make a difference in my opinion.
  9. LordKrelas

Any NC with an AI weapon is a shotgun.
    If the fight ever changes outside of a smaller room, or goes outside, only NC is rendered unable to use MAX AI basically.
    Given that TR & VS, can operate outside with their Maxes, and how you see them more, in battles that aren't bio-labs..
    Let that sink in.
    Mattlocks, are 1 shotgun, of nearly cloned weapons, with extra certs paid for 6 shots at 15 meters at best.
    1000 per arm, 150 certs per slug; 2300 certs, to use mattlocks.
    For 1000 certs, TR or VS, can buy 1 gun, and kill at a greater distance, and kill up close.
    Paid more, to do less.
    Shield also means No firing, no reloaded unless already triggered, and is 1 directional - Only thing a Non-Raven NC max has going.

Those who have no choice?
    Or do you think NC can teleport inside buildings, or dictate that a fight never goes outdoors?
    TR & VS can bring maxes, without shattering them into uselessness... NC has Maxes only if the Terrain allows.
    Gauss Saw in a skilled shooter's hand, in a medium to long range fight, brings a win.
    But what about the heavier max weapons? No.
    Heavy weapons? No, also an RNG shotgun.
    So joy, one weapon shines, entire Max unit becomes unusable, as does the NC heavy weapon. Lovely.

Reaver has the largest hitbox.
    That should explain the everything.

"Iwin shield" requires an idiot in the other tank.
    The original was 6 seconds of increased health, after that, the Vanguard becomes basically screwed.
    The new shield, does not help much either.
    Those who die to it with that name to it, usually attempted to face-tank the Vanguard, the tank built for face-tanking..
    As **** logic, the Artillery & Agility tanks, must be able to out-preform the Vanguard in the one area it was built for.

Ravens are AV.
    Only NC, can not bring any AI outside of a building... How the **** do you miss the central point?
    Only NC can not bring Max units to effectively kill infantry with AI, due to being short-ranged RNG, for more certs than VS & TR.
    It can only be used indoors - where RNG still screws you, and C-4 is easily launched.

And what's the data about that time period.
    Prime time wins? Population Balance?
    Without that, I might as well assume it was the NC alts of the VS & TR, wanting a win.

Yes, people manage to make one-side of RNG shotguns fail against Chainguns in fights that aren't small indoor-rooms at all times.
    Yes, skilled-user-required weaponry in the hands of new players, is only a problem for NC, due to NC recruits not being hard-core.
    Yes, only reason a shotgun's RNG can fail, is if the User's willpower isn't as strong as the TR or VS shooting 40 meters away.
    You can only die to other weapons when using a shotgun, trying to close the gap, when your prayer isn't righteous enough.

After all, in a duel across an open field, obviously the RNG shotgun, the only option for one side, will win against a sniper rifle of the other two.

Yeah, skilled users.. and only that, actually lets NC become very effective.
    In a numerically even situation as well.

And only in truly organized fashion can the very particular capabilities of NC's AI be used, without being a waste.
    With C-4's now responsive controls, it also now is incredibly murderously harder.
    (So yup again.)

You'd think at least the expensive Slugs, would provide such a feature.. given nearly every NC shotgun for the Max is identical...
    6 shots here, 12 here, and all anyone gives a damn about is 1 shotgun of them all: mattlock.
    And only with Slugs.
    -- Not sure whom in hell could lose a Max unit as an engineer.... it's hard to miss that big of a truck-of-a-solider.

I don't think the Vanguard would do all that well with a forward-speed-boost.
    Given only the top-guns are shotguns, and the last thing the Vanguard needs to do, is charge into the target, exposing the long sides & rear to the more mobile tanks..
  10. Icehole1999

NC does not win alerts because they're too busy TKing each other, doing indecent things to their sister, and practicing the banjo.
  11. Towie

People seem to find lots of reasons why NC is poor when in actual fact, get a bit of organisation going and they are extremely tough.

Maybe you should have a night out on Cobalt.

Last night NC were utterly dominant (and I mean UTTERLY) - winning all prime time alerts and then some !
  12. Humoreske

I do not want to say that much. Connery will not change unless the huge cheater's Outfit disappears.
    They are constantly preparing new accounts. There are groups of very low familiar, low BR. It is about them.
  13. customer548

NCs still not winning after 5 years?? Blame the Curse of the Black Pearl !!!
    I mean, that's the only remaining point nobody talked about... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  14. REZistance

Alert wins since Nov. 27th -

Connery:
    NC - 21
    VS - 12
    TR - 10

Miller:
    NC - 19
    TR - 18
    VS - 11

Cobalt:
    NC - 25
    VS - 17
    TR - 9

Emerald:
    NC - 20
    VS - 18
    TR - 11

Briggs:
    TR - 17
    VS - 15
    NC - 3

Those damned shotguns, I tell you. Can't do a damned thing with them. NC never wins alerts and it's because of their weak weapons! Poor NC! What shall we ever do?
  15. LordKrelas

Prime time wins or Off-hours?
    How about the pattern?
    Was it the same earlier?
    From Nov to what?
    From what site?

Is it just a streak?
    Or is it just being displayed to say the grand years of loss, can't possibly be signs of NC's inability to adapt to the battlefield, and their issues with inherent RNG weapons they have to use?
  16. Campagne

Small sample size, doesn't give strong evidence for one way or the other, unless it was at an extreme. (NC winning literally everything or nothing, but even then.)

NC have consistently lost the majority of alerts since the very beginning of the game, and the trend still continues.

Also personally I blame the NC's poor vehicles and AV options. Shotguns are bad, but there's usually other options instead. NS for vehicles, anything else for infantry and MAXes.
    • Up x 1
  17. REZistance

prime time wins or off hours - makes no difference to the point being made considering in any alert you are up against two factions theoretically working against you simultaneously.

This is the link to find the data - http://ps2.fisu.pw/alert/

The time frame is Nov. 27th, the day after I last referenced this site and these stats, up until the very moment I made my most recent post; this morning. I'll leave it up to you to go in there and figure out if these wins are in prime time or not, because honestly it doesn't matter at all. Some of the wins by the other factions were off hours as well. The point is, as I said before, the defining variable as to whether a particular faction is going to win an alert or not is how engaged the players of said faction(s) are during the 45 minute time frame. This community as a whole has an exceedingly deep problem with players giving a crap about the win conditions. A large majority of them simply don't care.

Maxes are one tiny variable in a much larger picture, and maxes alone don't win alerts.. so to blame shotguns on your max as the reason you lose alerts, is quite frankly silly and is simply a scapegoat to blame your other larger, more significant failures on.. especially in sight of recent data showing full well you guys can win alerts of you put your minds to it.
  18. LordKrelas

Prime Time, means large populations.
    Off-hours, allows ghost-caps, to one-sided wars.
    In any alert, both opponents might be underpopped or focused on each other.

Maxes are the heaviest infantry.
    They are the make-or-break for sieges.
    Vanguards are the heaviest ground vehicle for NC.
    Reavers, the bulky bastards, are the NC ESF's, which is the most potent aircraft right now.

We have a recent bar from 27 to 3rd, so 6 ******* days.
    That says NC has had some wins in-between active & inactive times.

You can kill an ESF with a pistol.
    Doesn't make it AA.
    • Up x 1
  19. REZistance

There is no way that the one triggering faction will out pop both defending factions combined in any given alert on a consistent basis. Only those times when there is just barely enough pop to open a second continent, and then no one goes to the newly opened map does ghost capping an entire cont unopposed happen. It's totally ridiculous to say non prime time alerts don't have any meaning. It still comes down to how engaged the players are unless it's a total continent ghost cap. Besides citing off hour ghost capping not proving your point about the weapons, are you actually going to sit there and say that all of these wins as of late are just anomalies? Every single one of them can be explained away with off hours overpop? Cmon dude.
  20. LordKrelas

One side is 40, the other side is 20, and the other is 20.
    Unless they focused entirely on pop 1, their side has >20% to engage due to having to defend themselves.

As well, Prime Time is more critical than off-hours, if the case you weren't aware of the obvious.
    Given in Prime-Time, the majority is awake, and active.

And do we have those pop numbers for the alerts you mention, for the last 6 days... not even a week?
    No, we do not.

Okay, try to say a shotgun with RNG, can match a chaingun, from the range of engagement, to reach the CQC.
    And then try to say the largest target ESF, is capable of matching the smaller ones in a dogfight.
    Then follow by the loudest sounds of said ESF..
    To the Close-range weapons of the heavy weapons for NC, to the starter heavy weapon being incapable at that range, to the Phoenix.

You have a list of 6 days of wins, with barely anything.
    And apparently think the years of losses, mean nothing, when all the prime tools of NC have been affected..
    Yet NC is apparently better now, with basically everything they have nerfed.
    **** logic eh?