Long range multiple shots?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MonnyMoony, Nov 23, 2017.

1. MonnyMoony

Assuming they aren't cheating - how do players seem to consistently land multiple head and body shots from 150+ metres out using carbines, LMGs and SMGs.

I am constantly being killed by people landing such shots - even if i'm running/weaving - yet when I pull an equivalent weapon, fit a long range scope and try to do the same - I can barely land one or two shots per mag even on a stationary target.

I'm not the best player in the world - but at BR103 I have been round long enough to be able to aim reasonably well. I have tried single shots, burst firing, full auto - and none seem to be able to given me anything like the consistency landing shots that my opponents seem to have.

So what's the secret?
  2. LordKrelas

Can you be more specific.

As depending on the gun, and the terrain, you can land shots at further ranges than usual, by single-firing.
    And again, depending on the gun, and the terrain; IE height, angles, etc.

An example being the Tanto, which has no COF for most of the shots fired.
  3. Oleker2

We all have to agree that every now and then we encounter a player with a very fishy aim. Appearing to have well above average / near machine-like reflex and ability to chain head shots across the base. But there is a lot of factors involved on that.

I have 1 character on each faction ranging from BR 50 to 90, and I can hit players around 80 meters with a longer range carbine (AC-X11, Pulsar C, Cougar). But you are speaking about 150+...

Either the player in question is one of the fishy dudes or your sense of distance is messed up. :eek:
  4. Jac70

I had occasions where HAs have insta-gibbed me from 50-100M . It seems like every bullet must have been a headshot to have taken you out at that speed. Could be that their ping sucks so you're getting a chunk of damage on your client instantly whereas on their client they have unloaded half a mag into you. It tends to feel like they have a no-recoil cheat but I'm not sure if such things actually exist.
  5. DarkStarAnubis

I am a lousy player but I have routinely counter-sniped with the SAW: it has 0 starting CoF, a 200 dmg model and can equip HVA.

Another very good long-range weapon available to all classes but LA is the battle rifle x6 sight, high damage model, good for tap firing. It is a mini semi auto sniper rifle.

And due to some obscure weapon mechanics (read Iridar guide on that) it recover recoil faster than its RoF.
  6. Icehole1999

I've actually had this happen less often lately. The one I'm getting now is a bunch of 1v1s where both of us instantly die.
  7. BartasRS

I think if someone has a really good feel of the weapon and shoots with short burts it is achievable with some weapons. Landing a series of HS from 150 meters with a carbine or LMG is either extremly lucky or something is fishy here.
  8. JobiWan

I think luck comes into it too sometimes. I quite often get surprised that I killed an enemy a fair distance away when I just took a few pot shots.
    • Up x 2
  9. HAXTIME

It can happen from time to time. Yesterday we were fighting against a meltdown alert, I mowed down an entire stairway with a single T1S-Cycler mag, from completely point blank range (I jumped into the crowd), essentially 100% headshot accuracy, twitch reflexes were entirely inhuman.

I too was surprised for a second there, but it does happen, and it certainly wasn't the first time (my most haxy thing is WH-tier pre-firing and aiming anyways).

Many factors combined:
    • Reliable weapon of choice
    • Strict burst-firing discipline
    • Tenacity
    As for the last thing, tenacity, you usually fire significantly earlier than you get a good lead on your target. You, as the target, don't quite notice this in a heated battle until the target lead has been solidly established, and you are receiving headshots seemingly out of nowhere, resulting in your swift death.
    • Up x 1
  10. adamts01

I've been getting better at this after switching to low damage model guns. The ability to land those 2x headshots makes up for the 10-12% less damage per bullet that would otherwise miss. The Tonto and PDW are perfect examples of headshot hunters. Not sure about 150m, but mid range and counter sniping with the Tonto is great. And the PDW goes out to a 20m max damage range, pretty crazy for any gun, let alone an SMG.
    • Up x 1
  11. BartasRS

True. I sometimes manage to kill, or more precisely finish, people far far away with suppressed Emissary.
    • Up x 1
  12. RockPlanetSide2

There are more cheaters in this game than people want to imagine. I run into this all the time where people can magically control a weapon beyond what is physically possible. The Orion and the Beatleguese are great, but not like some people can "magically" control them... they use them like they are sniper rifles at medium range and beyond.

The guns just don't handle like that (it's not even about moving the mouse around to control the weapon), but some how they can manage it. It is absurb and obviously something is going on beyond "normal play"... but, in the end every fat kid in the world is just going to tell you to "get gud"... so sorry I guess, DBG does not care.

Eventually if you dig deep enough in these F2P games, you are going to find people doing something. Even the recursion crosshair, is technically cheating... but nobody cares.
  13. Eternaloptimist

I have killed a planetman I could not even see (by aiming at the dorito) at extreme range with three rounds from an NS11C carbine. Plus other, equally unbelievable shots e.g. blind shooting a running guy with a single headshot from a Blackhand and killing an unseen Max with one unguided RL aimed in the general direction of his Dorito.....................It happens.

Ofc when it happens to someone else it is luck but when it happens to me, I have a momentary thought of "damn! could that be legit? really?" For example, I sometimes play stalker and have to run away under fire after popping someone. It works about half the time. Last night I got gunned down under my cloak by fire so rapid it felt like an auto burst and was surprised to see I was killed by a BR.

But I quickly came to the view that the Gods of RNG just have a sense of humour (and probably don't like stalkers any more than anyone else does)

TL;DR Sh** happens
    • Up x 1