[Suggestion] Please fix que times

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AirSuicide, Nov 11, 2017.

1. AirSuicide

Please increase population caps. Ques even for members are horrible I should not have to sit in a que for over an hour. Shouldn't even have to for 15 minuets.....
    • Up x 4
  2. adamts01

Yeah. This patch made the game literally unplayable.
    • Up x 2
  3. T.A.94

Meh I just switch to VS Miller they can use some backup
  4. FateJH

If you're stuck in a queue to break out of VR, then raw population caps might not help you.
  5. PlanetBound

Earning something while in the Q might help.
    • Up x 1
  6. JibbaJabba

I'm a member so this doesn't affect me. I see 1-2 min queues at max really.

It got ridiculous for the non-members on emerald last night. The queue lasted the full duration of an alert.

If we are getting up to 100+ people who literally can't get on a content, maybe it's time to open another continent.
    • Up x 2
  7. iPervy

I really hope they address this in their upcoming stream. I'm assuming it will be discussion stream and not just livestream game session. Haha I may lose all hope/respect in the team/game if they don't. Don't have to do something immediately (though that would be great), but at least say something.
    • Up x 1
  8. RockPlanetSide2

There is nothing really to be said here, other than this is just being managed badly by DBG. It is an obvious issue, people have been complaining for a month solid... just FIX IT.

I do not think that having a smaller fight zone is the answer... cause in reality that would be more fun that playing that actual game.

There just needs to be something to do.
  9. Towie

True but then - the population balance on that continent would be dreadful.

I'm not convinced that making people wait in a queue is the best approach, but it has certainly led to more balanced action and that part is desirable.

Me - well I'm a paying member so rarely have to wait, but I also play all factions so even if I wasn't, i'd still have choices. People need to change their mindset and be more willing to play the underpop faction - who knows, they may enjoy a more even fight where they can lose as well as win ;)
  10. JibbaJabba

Nah, it doesn't really pan out that way. We used to have all continents open all the time. There was always one "ghost" continent, but the handful of people playing on it were having fun.

I wouldn't suggest returning to that method, but the method used now is broken.

Two continent both at max population lock? Yes, time to open another continent. Sure that 3rd continent will have lower pop, but people aren't here to "play VR". It's stupid.
    • Up x 1
  11. Mianera

Oh get real people, if you aren't complaining about queue times, then you are complaining about overpop.

The queue is the best solution to one faction having massive overpop, so simply switch faction and play a different toon!
    • Up x 1
  12. RockPlanetSide2

The problem is real, and population caps don't mean people wont leave the game if they cant play.

Even if you are being farmed you are still playing.
    • Up x 3
  13. strikearrow

That is not an option for people who have their toons spread over different servers. I have 2 toons on Briggs and 1 on Connery. Briggs is dead - completely so that leaves Connery.
    • Up x 1
  14. iPervy

I can't help imagine that some new player signs up for the game, choose a faction, and the moment they finish the tutorial (and don't choose koltyr) they get confused as they can't play since the only continent is capped. The only answer after that is to quit and play a different game, and you'll have a heck of a time getting them to stay if that happens a second time given they haven't already uninstalled.

I know player numbers are forever getting smaller, but if you look at statistics like the steamcharts (http://steamcharts.com/app/218230)

You can see that via steam for 2016-2017 its been pretty baseline of 1800 to 2000 players (note how in October in both 2016 and 2017 we've had the same pop), and in the last 30 days there is a noticeable drop to 1600 and increasingly lower every day since the update. Thats 10% loss in steam players in 30 days, and usually updates have always increased the player count and never the other way around. Honestly think this is the only update that hasn't increased player numbers (via steam anyways).

Theres no escaping the fact that the Critical Mass update in terms of how it handles the pop/continents needs to be changed, and it is not a viable solution if they want the game to not lose more players.
    • Up x 2
  15. Towie

...a fair few people don't like the vehicle changes and the less said about the current Harasser the better - DBG are pandering to the majority (infantry players who want fair fights) which is a just cause, but you can't please all the people all the time.

If the people aren't happy nor willing to adjust - they will leave. But remember - paying members don't have much queue time.
  16. kungflu

We got a taste of your 1 hour VR queue time and we don't like it. Now revert back to 2 open continents. Give us back our ghostcaps.
    • Up x 2
  17. adamts01

Holding players in VR isn't an option. But no, that doesn't mean that one faction should have free reign to ridiculously over-pop a second continent, especially when that continent's bonus affects the other fight.

For a solution, Daybreak has to realize why people over-pop to begin with. Usually it's because they want certs and a good k/d with little effort. Plus now throw ISO in to the mix. The solution is to crank the **** out the under-pop reward, so that it's more cert efficient to be under-pop. Also crank up nanite regeneration and respawn penalty/rewards depending on population. This game has become a breeding ground for losers who don't have a lick of competitive spirit, and it's killed much of the community off. This is Daybreak's only option at this point to retain its dwindling playerbase.
    • Up x 2
  18. FLHuk

The only reason I can see for trying to play the over pop faction is "My toys are on that toon so I'll sit in a line for xx:xx"

You can always log in and fight right away if you really wanted to. Try it, ignore K/D and enjoy :)
  19. strikearrow

Daybreak actually incentivized overpop by making the losing factions in an alert get next to no ISO and the winning side a chance at cosmetics, and actual weapons from what I understand, that in the case of cosmetics - can't even be bought with certs. Winning alerts is now a pretty big deal while being on the losing side you might get what 50 ISO and a - maybe - 60% exp. bonus for the duration, which is not a big deal.
  20. iPervy

This is true but your not being empathetic to players outside of your sentiment. In a way thats like saying - Hey you can't continue playing this game right now, but hey, you can still play it if you start a new game and start all over again.

Think of how you'd feel if you had to start a game all over, or restart your mmo character especially as a player that is new/intermediate and has invested heavily into the one faction they have. Sure BR100+ players like us won't mind it as much, since we've been along longer to want to try different factions and start a new, but others like the player-ship that are noticeably quitting the game are not wanting to redo what they spent hours/days/bonus-checks on.
    • Up x 2