The Monsters We Make (Lore)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EclecticDreck, Oct 31, 2017.

1. EclecticDreck

[IMG]

Twenty years ago the Terran Republic suppressed the populist rebellion on Amerish. In the fall of 2844, the Republic is mired in a protracted guerilla war against those who survived that first bloody purge.

Now the people of Amerish are again taking to the streets to make a case for revolution, and this time they have the support of a cabal of powerful corporations hoping to use the rebellion for their own ends.

Katelyn Brandt is one of the newest members of the Republican Home Guard tasked with keeping order in a city under siege by terror. Alyss Rodriguez lost her family to Republican oppression and will stop at nothing to see that the old ideals of fairness, justice, and freedom restored. Cultists following the path of enlightenment taught by a dead man have spread to every corner of the world, while deep in a subterranean complex, scientists believe they have unlocked the secret to immortality.

Auraxis is a world on the brink of a new age. Revolution is coming. The only question is who the future will belong to.

The Monsters We Make is a 160k word long fan fiction novel set during the earliest part of the Auraxian war, before rebirth became that war's most defining feature.

To read the full version inside of your browser with Google Docs, click here.

Click here for the story in various downloadable formats.

This story was originally posted as a serial over the span of just over a year on the main planetside subreddit. If you'd like to poke your head into the announcement post on another site, you can click here.
    • Up x 9
  2. Roxxlyy Community Relations

I love seeing players make their own content like this; it's incredible. I'll definitely be giving it a read when I get the chance.

I've seen your updates pop up on Reddit over the last few months since joining the PlanetSide team - congratulations on finishing your story! As someone who writes now and again myself, I know it must have been quite the undertaking.
    • Up x 4
  3. EclecticDreck

I hope you'll find it worth your time!