[Suggestion] Add directive weapons into the Exceptional category of directives

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bmac417(TasteOfLead), Jun 10, 2016.

1. bmac417(TasteOfLead)

As the title says, Directive weapons don't tie in with any directive. I believe this is a good way so everyone has a chance to get the black camo, certs, and directive points.
    • Up x 16
  2. Nintyuk

Don't see any issue with this
    • Up x 1
  3. DooDooBreff

i like your idea. also they need to add all kinds of stuff.

like on MBTs some of the top guns arent on the directive list etc.

i think the directive system as an idea is great. they just didnt think it through thoroughly. IE how many people have completed max punch?
    • Up x 1
  4. Nalothisal

Yes please, especially considering that it takes some time to get to the Directive weapons in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  5. DooDooBreff

i think the class specific directive weapons should be tied into that classes directive line. so i can use the butcher instead of grinding AV grenades
    • Up x 4
  6. Nalothisal

I've been running with grenade bandoleer for the last few months now and while AV nades are fun, they are infuriatingly difficult to get decent kills with. I wish they didn't nerf the explosive radius on them due to their now super specialty role they have now.
    I certainly would love that, especially with how much I enjoy playing with my Godsaw!
    • Up x 2
  7. DooDooBreff

right. ive auraxed 5 lmgs, and am not even close to finishing the HA directive
    • Up x 1
  8. FAFFAB

Please make this happen someone! Currently I'm working on my 5th auraxium weapon for NC and have one for VS, but except for the Godsaw I haven't felt the need to go back and use them for any reason, it seems like a waste. Trying to auraxium the directive weapons doesn't help finish any new directives.

Come on, if you auraxium 5 directive weapons, that means you have about 30 auraxiums ON ONE CHARACTER. After that amount of dedication I think it's fair to be given the black camo.

In any case, no one wants to buy 5 exceptional weapons. If you already have 3 or so directive weapons completed, it'll be easy to just buy 2 exceptional weapons to finish the job. (Me trying to convince daybreak that they can make money from this)
  9. saronyogg

I agree
    I dont see any way to get exceptional directive without daybreak cash, and outside of season ( i only completed the first tier thanks to halloween event and i spend 2k certs on it)
    That black cammo stay behind a paywall and White is not its a little odd
    That those "ultimate" weapons of weapon directive count for exceptional directive
  10. Liewec123

i think directive weps should have their own super directive, like aurax 5 directive weps to get a super camo
    (like gold infantry camo for 5 auraxiums with directive infantry weps, or gold vehicle camo for completing 5 vehicle directives.)
  11. EViLMinD

I've got 5 ARX weapons, so I'd love it. Can't be bothered to ARX flare guns etc or buy gold editions.

Doubt DBG will change things as black camo is a big encouragement for people to spend money. They should at least make a directive category for just ARX weapons. Offer a unique prize.
  12. Plastikfrosch

i like this idea even more but considering how bad some "rewards" are (i am looking at you "the immortal" and the other directive pistols and smgs) they could easily be part of the exceptional directive because they are "special"
  13. IroncladBomber

Yes please.I would like to get the Black Camo, without having to Grind out Knives and Holiday weapons. Or by buying Special Edition weapons. Besides I already have at least 4 Directive weapons finished.
    • Up x 1
  14. Corezer

"No, buy my ****!"

-Higby
  15. Pelojian

the purpose of the exceptional weapons is so you buy weapons that are mostly only available for DBG and not certs so i don't see this happening.
  16. FieldMarshall

Seems reasonable.

You need 5800 kills with exceptional weapons to complete the directive.
    If you did the exceptional directive with only other aurax weapons, you would have to get a total of 34800 kills.
    (Or 33640 if you use the auraxium SMG)
  17. Jac70

Very much in favour of this. I will probably never complete the Exceptional Directive but would at least like to know that it is perhaps a possibility. Thing is I have never and don't intend to ever buy special edition weapons. I have bought cosemetics and boosts, not weapons though.

Currently I have the Patriot Flare gun and the Slasher and that's it. Considering buying the Candy Cannon with certs so I at least have another possibility but dunno if I could ever be ***** to Auraxium that thing.
  18. FateJH

What if they took the Directive Weapons and made a Directive Weapon Directive and then made a reward at the end another Directive Weapon? Would the Directive Weapon Directive's Directive Weapon also be another Directive Weapon on the list of Directive Weapon Directive weapons?
    • Up x 1
  19. Droid15.24.3

A title, banner, and perhaps an alternate auraxium armor set for doing all of your faction specific weapon directives? It'd be another long term reward to go for while trying to get that NS Commander helmet.
  20. Campagne

Does a set of all sets contain itself? :p