NS R3 Swarm

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by RockPlanetSide2, May 31, 2017.

1. RockPlanetSide2

NS R3 Swarm, Rocket Launcher

Why don't more people use this?

I can't figure out for the life of me why everybody does not own 1, the only thing I can imagine is that people don't understand how it works with the two firing modes?

Even the best pilots in the game can't evade the rockets or they have to fly off and leave the fight for 30 seconds while they try not to die. Even if they have anti-lock on, it does not last forever/ they have to just leave the fight.

And the vehicle mode is just as good as any other lock-on.

Do you think it is the cost of the weapon?

I've seen 3-4 heavies all using these in a squad and just removing armor/air threats single handedly.

It's anti air capabilities alone put it over the top of any other weapon even the striker, IMO.
  2. Klondor

As a beginner/horrible ESF pilot, the times that i do fly and recieve a ground lock, its more than likely an NS-R3 Swarm. The VS on emerald and connery use it like it's their only rocket launcher when it comes to lock-ons, NC on emerald use it a fair amount but they (as i see) tend to lean toward their faction specific launchers more. NC on Connery use it just as much as VS on Emerald do. I don't notice TR using it because i dont pay enough attention to my own teammates lol, i'm too busy trying to do my own thing than worry about them at all.
  3. Eternaloptimist

Personally, I prefer the ES G2A launcher as it has a dumb fire option although I occasionally equip the Annihilator if there is a shed ton of enemy air and ground vehicles combined.

Having been a devotee of the TR Striker and the NC Phoenix for a while I am now a bit leery of of the exposure time involved in using the N3 so I haven't certed into one yet.
  4. Erendil

There are a number of reasons why I stopped using the Swarm shortly after I bought it:

• No dumbfire mode, making it useless against MAXes, Turrets, ground vehicles partially behind cover, targets only visible for a second, etc.
    • Reliance on shoddy PS2 lockon mechanics. This goes for all lockon G2A. I've tracked targets that are well within range for 10+ seconds before and still not acquired a lock.
    • The biggest selling point of the Swarm for me - the delay after firing but before it started tracking its target - was given to ES G2A launchers (which I also own) shortly after the Swarm was released
    • Low alpha damage, and often your target is only visible long enough to fire 1-2 rockets after you acquire the lock
    • Longest exposure time of any Launcher. You have lock-on time +2 seconds to fire off all 3 rockets.
    • I find the Lancer and Striker to be much more versatile weapons. They give no warning to the target and can be shot quickly to attack targets of opportunity that are only visible for a second or two. They're almost as good at G2A up close where it counts, and often better at G2G since they don't require a lock and can damage a target that's 90% behind cover.
    In short, the Swarm is (comparably) more of a niche mid/long range G2G/G2A weapon that requires long exposure time plus a good view of your target for a significant length of time to take full advantage of it.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ximinetto

I prefer the Annihilator,in fact i have it already unlocked.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

i am waiting for the RL changes that may come from PTS first before i get further RL´s ...
    unless they dumped those RL changes too ..
  7. BartasRS

I don't play HA much but I use Striker the most when I do. Not because it's powerfull but because it scares off air quite well. They are best used when you have the high ground and not many obstacles around as the rockets can be easily avoided, 2 fire modes are very nice if you understand when and against what targets they should be used.

Sure, they have downsides but the fun when you manage to kill that ***** flash or finish off annoying A2G ****ter is great!.
  8. DarkStarAnubis

Is is a wonderful tool to harass or irritate air assets.

Find a building in friendly territory close enough to an enemy base, e. g. Mani Tower to hit Many Biolab and enjoy firing volley after volley of nasty little missiles.

I have witnessed a Valkyrie slamming against the BioLab building trying to avoid being hit...
  9. Daedric Prince

having used money to get this launcher its the best thing ever when doing almost any thing
    why? because it has 3 rockets instead of 1 meanign(in my experiance) i actually get the last hit on pesky sunderers FROM FREAKING 300 METERS AWAY!