DBG's biggest CASH GRAB yet! (Frustrate & Migrate).

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Oct 21, 2017.

1. ChUnKiFieR

In case some of you haven't figured it out yet, here is why non-English speaking countries have been let into the west coast Connery server. They want to frustrate and migrate English speaking west coasters into going to the east coast Emerald server, in the hope that veteran players will re-purchase many weapons and items all at the same time. Weapons and items they already know and have on Connery but that players cannot take with them to other servers unless purchased with actual cash.

This game is almost impossible to win without communication. Without it you cannot have coordination and promote cooperation with other players. Thus, the current loss statistics on the Connery server. We all know what's happening on Connery lately. Now you know why!

Think M:DNEY. Forget L:mad:YALTY.

Hey Trolls, I get that DBG is a for profit business. So are black marketeers, drug dealers, etc. Blah Blah Blah.
  2. FateJH

I wish you had wasted this space on the front page for an original conspiracy theory.
  3. Lamat

Purchased weapons are shared across your account, so no, they would not need to repurchase weapons. If they unlocked them with certs then they would have to grind them out again, but that doesn't make DBG any extra money either. So it seems your conspiracy theory doesn't hold much water.
    • Up x 3
  4. ChUnKiFieR

Wow, :rolleyes: go back and read the opening post again. I already said -

"Weapons and items they already know and have on Connery but that players cannot take with them to other servers unless purchased with actual cash."

I guess the old saying is true, ya just can't fix stupid!
  5. The Shady Engineer

I really doubt there's a grand conspiracy behind the Asian migration to Connery. Most likely it's the best server for em ping wise, which isn't saying much considering all the lag wizardry accusation from Connery players.

What needs to happen is a simple ping limiter. You're lagging by more than 300ms and your behind gets booted. I get that some of those high ping players are members and buy DBC and whatnot, but it is for the best. The game is unplayable and only causes frustration when playing on 300+ ping for both sides.
  6. ChUnKiFieR

So far none of you have proven I'm wrong without throwing in your own theories.

Think M:DNEY. Forget L:mad:YALTY!
  7. ChUnKiFieR

What needs to happen is not a ping problem but a communication problem. Did you actually read the opening post? Sure doesn't look like it.
  8. adamts01

300 ms is a little harsh considering the lack of servers and the inability to move characters. I get between 200-300 from the Philippines depending on what cables my provider is using and that's absolutely playable. The real problems with warping start to take place around 500-600, and damage from lag switchers is done while the player is actually disconnected or has 1000+ ping. I think the best solution is just to discount damage done when over 500. It's a little harsh to DC someone because their internet had a hiccup, especially when there's often a que to get back in to the game.
    • Up x 1
  9. The Shady Engineer

I did. A half baked conspiracy theory about how Connery's asian lag problem was DBG's way of making a profit isn't worth commenting on. The high ping player issue however is a legitimate concern.

Yeah man, fair enough. 300ms was a ballpark number and in second thought, kicking players is a bit harsh. Server not registering damage done by high ping spikes though I think is a great idea.
    • Up x 1
  10. Lamat

Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
  11. Insignus

Hello! You've been issued a Heresy Citation for:

Class A (Promotion of ****tery)
    Sub 6 - Dead Game

Class A Citations are issued for specific heretical beliefs that are defined as promoting ****tery within the Planetside 2 Community, including, but not limited to, In-Game Actions, Statements of Belief in both Forum and Reddit, in ways that have been deemed injurious under the remit of the Falkyrate.

If you feel you have received this citation in error, please contact the Directorate of Ecumenical Relations & Protocols, at (ERROR: NUMBER OUT OF SERVICE).

Thank You,

Have a Nice Day!

ShadowInsignus, Fylkir, Connery
  12. DIGGSAN0

So you say Wrel himself did tie up the typical Chinese player and forced him (with a Finger on the Trigger of his Commissioner) to log in on Connery and still forces these poor people to play there?

I say no, the Chinese server didn't had anything to do with DBG server, they where handled different (that is why you could not play on china servers before) and then they had to close it (NOT DBG) and the Chinese playerbase had to move to the server which did lag the least (least ping) so they choosed Connery.

So we can be sure that chinese players are passionate enough to play with their bad ping....probs on this (I couldn't)
  13. Eternaloptimist

If it wasn't for the good grammar I could have believed that a certain American President was writing this. But I have heard that Elvis has been seen in the Covfefe outfit aimbotting planetmans from a grassy knoll on Connery, so let's not dismiss the idea out of hand ;).

That said, I'd be frustrated if a similar thing happened on the EU servers - it started to go that way when Zerg Russ appeared on one of them but fortunately they were pretty poor players and seem to have declined in numbers a whole lot.
  14. HAXTIME

Isn't the "cash-grab" the extra player count itself?
    If you can call it a crash-grab at all, that is. I think you are overthinking this, it's simply that more players = bigger community = more money on the long run.

That said, hordes of non-English speaking underclass proles must be damn frustrating to play with on a daily basis, but I'm not sure kicking them all would be the "good" approach here.
  15. Maxor

Your argument falls apart in the first line as the servers are not region locked in any way and have never been. People will migrate where ever they want and it seems Connery drew the short end.

I don't know what non-English countries you may be targeting specifically but from personal experience I've seen whole Spanish and Portuguese speaking communities migrate to games and they choose the server they will all meet on ahead of time. This is usually the case when a predominately English server sees a surge in players speaking another language. From what I've seen this usually turns into an overall bad thing in general but that's a whole other discussion.

Also, don't forget this game is on Steam as a F2P title. Most casual people will pick a server at random without really checking latency/languages first.

I give this conspiracy a 1.5/10. Needs more tinfoil.
  16. ObiVanuKenobi

There's an invisible floating teapot somewhere in the sky, prove i'm wrong.