Halloween Directive is Burnout fuel.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Liewec123

i thought that might be it, but i thought awhile back they made knives deal a tiiiny bit more so they still kill in the correct amount of hits against auxiliary shield enemies. it might have just been power knives though :)
  2. Halkesh

I'm guessing what's the point of auxiliary shield of nearly all weapon see their damage increased to counter it xD
    IMO, if they reduce HESH and OHK knife damage to 1000 (instead of 1050) and blackhand min damage to 250, it will make auxiliary shield a decent choice compared to C4.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jac70

The good news is that you don't need to shoot anyone for Headless Horseman, you just need kills so a roadkill is fine. If you have a Wraith Flash then what you are looking for is a Sunderer deployed near some flat ground with a lot of enemies at it and not so meny friendlies. For some reason running over an enemy is pretty tough but running over a friendly is easy as pie.

The bad news is the guy who was responsible for implementing the Flash handling must have been a meth addict. Quite possibly the worst handling vehicle ever in the history of video gaming. Imagine having your eyeballs surgically removed, then bolted back onto your skull on two independant springs..... Then being tasked with navigating a mountain bike course...... On a pogo stick.... will give you some idea!
  4. JobiWan

I had an idea I'm going to try tonight. Sniping from the back seat of a flash parked up somewhere in cover.
  5. Liewec123

100 kills for expert, 300 for master, i hope you have a lot of ammo ;)
  6. SixNineFour

And all this grind is for only ONE character. I just had to wait 6 minutes to get out of VR as a member on my main character.

Little chance of mastering it on more than 1 character so time is wasted in any case.
    • Up x 2
  7. Halkesh

I finally beat expert rank and was auto-granted resupply ribbon line and revive ribbon, less grind for me, that's a cool thing.
    I'll wait for the Monday/Tuesday patch, that is supposed to reduce the grind.
    Since it's DBG, I suggest anyone to complete the directive line you're doing, as there are 50% chance that it will be reset to 0 with the patch. :D
  8. AkuraThDB

I chiming in and agreeing that it's grindy. Getting 1000 kills with the Halloween weapons is not happening within ~20-25 days. The candygun sucks and I really regret putting 1000 certs down for it. I hit a guy in the chest with the full clip of 3 bullets and on my subsequent death screen his shield was only at 50%, and I'm completely sure I'm not the only one who hit him.

Oddly enough, not all the objectives from last year's event carried over. Some did, but not the one for taking out a galactic pumpkin, which I know I did more than once.
    • Up x 1
  9. T.A.94

Oh god i am currently doing Master on the event directive and have melee and flash kills on 50% as well as 2 Galact-o-labterns (snatsched one in front of a skyknights nose :cool:). I am curious how the directive will be "easier" in this weeks patch
    • Up x 1
  10. Blam320

Just sounds like a completionist is having trouble grinding directives that award a simple cosmetic.

Though it would have been nice to get some new Halloween weapons besides the Candy Cannon and the Slasher with which to finish the directives, knowing how the Candy Cannon does pretty pitiful damage, even for a joke weapon..
  11. TerminalT6

The key to getting candy cannon kills is to land double headshots, which at 1200 damage will drop most people. It's easiest to do on the knife infils who think they're sneaky, running straight toward you while cloaked only to end up with a lethal face full of candy.

This directive is grindy AF tho, I just got into the master tier, and even tho I already have the revive and ammo directives done, I'm not sure I can complete it all in time.
  12. Voodoo4500

This is all Wrel's fault. His idea....
  13. Liewec123

its not a simple cosmetic though,
    you get an implant that lets you self revive at 50% hp after 50 ticks of xp
    (with a deployed sunderer you will get that 50 ticks really fast)

it'll be one of the best implants for max,
    it also works with safeguard (which causes maxes to gain 500 health when they are revived and take 20% reduced damage.)
    letting you self rezz your max at 75% hp and take 20% less damage for a short while.

i dont think i'll really use it on other classes, but for max it will be absolutely amazing.

if it was just cosmetics i'd skip it.
    • Up x 1
  14. SixNineFour

I hope they keep that implant for MAX, makes MAX kills directive much less grindy as more people will hopefully play MAX and revived MAX is much easier to kill.
  15. Maxor

Aren't Galact-o-Pumkins still gated behind alerts? I remember they made that change last year. Any news on it being reversed?
  16. Demigan

Hah you n00b! Everyone knows the best farm is knifing people in the face with a halloween knife with Nightmare&mask from the back of a Flash...
    • Up x 2
  17. PlanetBound

Chasing directives is a grind.
  18. Humoreske

I feel that this event highlighted the problem of the knife...
  19. JobiWan

I've all but given up on flash kills. The hit detection is so poor. I'm just going for slasher kills because it also counts towards the black camo which I may get some time in the next 3 years.

Someone posted the Halloween leaderboards on Reddit and some guy has got 35 galacto-lanterns. I haven't even seen one.

http://ps2expboard.apphb.com/Leaderboards/Halloween2017

Also seems the Phylactery is bugged and disappears if you break down duplicates.....
    • Up x 3
  20. Liewec123

35?! i thought i was lucky finding 4 of them before i quit bothering with the directive. XD
    (woo theres me in the 22nd spot for galacto pumpkins! hammertime) :D

35 is insane, suspicious even.
    • Up x 1