[Suggestion] Harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Halkesh

Let's face it, currently, harasser are too powerful because they stack high resistance with high ability to dodge damage. Since harasser are dirt cheap, harasser are more expendable than a tank, so it should be less resistant. "High risk, high reward".
    1) So I suggest to reduce harasser overall resistance to a equivalent TTK from before CAI and also add clear weakness against some weapon type that combine low TTK with reliable chance to hit, so people will be able to bring effective counter to harasser. Damage type made to counter harasser are : ESF nosegun, HMG, archer, C4 and AV mines.

2) Also, I propose a a buff to harasser effectiveness by making the 3rd crew useful, because currently, it's nearly useless to have the rumble seat occupied : it's not fun to not being able to see the targets, being unable to hit it and to die too quickly. The most effective 3rd crew are engineer but since their tool is capped to a ridiculously low repair rate they're nearly useless too.

3) Finally, I think the harasser go-to choice on utility / defense slot shouldn't stand so I've suggest a few idea to manage it.
    Note that these suggestion are mean to make harasser a balanced vehicle, not too powerful not too weak. If you think there is flaw in my suggestion, point it out.

1) Harasser resistance
    If you want to do the calculation yourself, harasser have 2500 hp (3000hp for max composite armor)
    Resistance are changed to the following :
    HMG 75% - 40 basilisk bullet to kill (from 85% - 65 basilisk bullet to kill)
    Light AV -40% (from -20%) [this put mjolnir closer to aphelion/vulcan for the TTK]
    Tank shell (AP, HEAT, HESH, Viper C75, Spear phalanx) -50% (from -12%)
    ESF nosegun 76% - a full magazine of default ESF nosegun (from 80% - a full magazine from default ESF nosegun with max extended magazine)
    AV explosive (AV mines) unchanged [fix those damn mines and they're good]
    C4 -140% (from -75%)
    Rocket Launcher -50% (from 0%)
    Archer -20% (from +25%) [this allow archer to one-clip harasser at close range, for a minimum TTK of 6sec]

2) Improved 3rd seat
    Buff the rumble seat so it doesn't rumble anymore (same stability as on the top gun)
    Allow the 3rd crew to have 360° vision (his gun arc is still capped to ~180°)
    When the 3rd crew dies, his corpse stay on the rumble seat so he can be revived later.

3) More utility/defense slots
    Buff Nanite Auto-Repair so it will be on part with other defense slots.
    rank1 : repair 4% every sec, repair start after not taking damage during 12sec
    rank2 : same as previous, enter into critical state at 10% hp (instead of 20%)
    rank3 : same as previous, taking small weapon damage will reduce the repair rate to 2% but won't stop NAR nor prevent it to start repairing. After not taking damage at all during 12sec, NAR repair rate return to 4%.
    rank4 : same as previous, enter into critical state at 5% hp (instead of 20%)

rank5 : same as previous, never enter into critical state
    (critical state is when your vehicle burn : you take damage on time and lose speed/maneuverability)

There is also a few idea for utility slots : passive that boost the 3rd crew.
    ASC (passive) : infantry 3rd crew : shield is increased by 500 and start regen 2sec faster (stack with engineer passive). MAX 3rd crew : resistance is increased by 20%

Accuracy (passive) : 3rd crew have a starting CoF of 0 and CoF bloom is halved.
    • Up x 4
  2. Liewec123

i think they should increase the cost to 350 and finally make their rumble seat 360 like the flash,
    i know you said you wanted 360 sight but only 180 attacking,
    but i think its about time for maxes to become part of the harasser crew! 360 seat!
    let the age of maxrassers begin!
    • Up x 2
  3. Halkesh

My concern about 360° firing is if the target is on the harasser frontal, the 3rd crew can't receive damage. Unless they change said crew position so he's standing on the rumble seat like an equilibrist. :D
  4. oTec

I wonder when they will add a "slow" upon collision for vehicles. You don't drive a quad/jeep through a human being without losing speed and without taking damage.

Also the idiot who decided to add weapons to a flash must have been sniffing glue or something.

Regarding the harasser being too cheap and yet very effective, i agree, but do take in account you need a 2man crew for it to work. Not like a mbt wich works better with a gunner, the harasser just doesn't work without a gunner.
  5. Halkesh

I played the harasser a lot before CAI so I assure you I'm well aware of it's resistance before CAI. The problem is that currently, it's too resistant for a fast moving vehicle.
    Yes, harasser is a 2 crew vehicle, but when you solo-crew it and go for anti-infantry and are using stealth, you can consider yourself as a 150 nanites MAX. I did it a lot : it was OP, it is even more now.
    In short, having a 2 crew vehicle mean you can have a more effective vehicle, not you can have immunity to anyone who don't team up with at least one guy.

You can calculate the damage and TTK yourself, I think my suggestion will put harasser close to before CAI in term of resistance : resistant enough when 2 crewed (because of mobility) but a cert pinatas when solo-crewed (because it's immobile).
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

So you want to keep the damage nerfs but no compensation in survivability. Basically make it a high risk, low reward vehicle opposite to low risk mediocre reward like now.

I wouldn't call 11 hours "a lot". http://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=halkesh&show=vehicles

Solo Harasser is nowhere near as good as it used to be pre-CAI. The main solo weapon was Halberd because of its versatility, now it can no longer 1shot infantry which is a big loss. All dedicated AI weapons received damage nerfs so that extra health doesn't come for free, you do lower damage and it takes longer to kill infantry giving them more time to hide.

It's already impossible to defend yourself against ESFs, after CAI aircraft are a lot harder to kill with AV or AI weapons even if they're stupid enough to fly too low, now your'e just dead, they can facetank all damage. You really think ESFs need to do even more damage to Harassers? At first i thought maybe you have only 11 hours because it's not your main character but if you really think ESFs need to do more damage...
  7. Halkesh

Harasser are currently too powerful so yes, I'm indeed suggesting to reverse the survivability buff without reversing the damage nerf.
    IMO, and considering the resistance being lowered, I think harasser anti-infantry capability will be fine : top gun kill infantry fast enough, and you'll have a reliable 3rd seat to deal even more damage.
    I didn't play the anti-vehicle harasser enough since the CAI so I suppose devs will need to keep an eye on harasser capability against vehicle with their lowered resistance. Also, don't forget the rumble seat may compensate the damage nerf.
    If needed, a possible buff could be to increase harasser's AV weapons range by giving them standard version of the weapon, instead of the harasser version. This way, harasser could dodge more shell.

ESF being too tanky is an ESF problem, not an harasser problem.
    That being said, yeah maybe the buff to ESF nosegun isn't needed, as it's already a "I WIN" situation for the ESF.

BTW, my main is here : http://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=olafgrossbaff&show=vehicles
    • Up x 1
  8. Lucidius134

It'd be neat if you could duck in the rumble seat between reloads. Ducking would give you the old rear 180 view, and standing would give you the front facing 180. If your camera does rotate, it'd be best to rotate it based on your difference (crouching while looking at 0 degrees would try to match it with the 0 degrees on the back side.Alternatively, 360 with the ability to crouch is fine so long as you can't blow up your own vehicle.

The only concern i'd have about front facing seats is if the engineer can stick its harrasser with a nanite rep grenade, which may or may not inherit the reduced repair on the harrasser (it might be rep gun specific).

I'd really like to see the rumble seat have some increased viablility. MAXs and Triage should be more viabale then it is.

A list of some possibilities in the future with this change:
    Code:
    Archer - Engineer
    Launchers - Heavy
    Rocklet Rifle - Light Assault
    GODSAW - NC Heavy
    Hunter Xbow w/ Explosive Bolts - All Class Secondary
    Anti-Vehicle Grenades - Heavy
    Underbarrel Grenades (lol) - All Class Primary
    Bursters - MAXs
    AV Arms - MAXs
    Gorgons - MAXs

9. strikearrow

Better would be to give maxes (and only maxes) 360 rotation firing on a Harasser and increase its cost to 400 nanites. Presto the Harasser can defend itself against an ESF with a rumble seat Max. It can also dish out a ton of damage and be nice and mobile. It'd be a ton of fun and even fun for those who killed it b/c of the Max + 2 kills + harasser kill = nice cert. farm for Harasser hunters.
  10. Halkesh

I didn't think about that, it's a nice idea !

Let's keep the 400 nanites 3 crew harasser as the "plan B". ;)
    Why should the 360° rotation should be MAX only ?
    • Up x 2
  11. Humoreske

Soldiers sit on 3rd seat and become cervical hernia...
    360 degrees is too wide, but the current view is too narrow.
  12. Halkesh

Lucidious134's idea could solve the cervical hernia problem : 180° view on the back while crouched, 180° view on the front while standing.
    • Up x 1
  13. adamts01

360 is fine. The Harasser is an offensive vehicle, it picks the fights it can win and dives in head first. What you don't want is a position in the vehicle that sits around twiddling their thumbs 99% of the time. With the condition that the Harasser costs more or is severely less durable, a 360 view from the back would be the most fun for players and perfectly balanced.
    • Up x 2
  14. strikearrow

Because it would incentivize Harassers to carry maxes more often. And it would incentivize maxes to be AV in the field and not just in buildings. I say Max only because otherwise Harassers would have to be build different to allow a normal infantry to stand and be stable. A max could have mag boots or something to handle the inertia of Harassers.
  15. r1po