Halloween Directive is Burnout fuel.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Liewec123

i'm currently on the expert tier and this is already very very frustrating and making me want to log off and not log back for a long long while...

the resupply directive is easy enough, simply throw out ammo packs.
    but the rest are EXTREMELY grindy...

100 kills with flash,
    not too bad but still frustrating
    (not to mention its annoying that we'll now have none stop wraith-fury cheese until mid november...)

100 melee kills with vampire/nightmare, again very grindy and frustrating.

SIX HUNDRED revives, hell no!

THREE HUNDRED kills with a bad knife or a candy gun...no comment.

3 galactic pumpkins, only one is on a map at a time with a long respawn time and 600 possible locations,
    with a thousand other people roaming around you might aswell be playing the lotto.

and this isn't even the top tier!
    i imagine the master tier will require much more than these...

anyone else burning out because of this grindy nonsense?
    • Up x 6
  2. FateJH

Don't try to do it all at once, forcing it out. Just let it progress naturally.
    • Up x 1
  3. adamts01

The cloaked flashes and all the lagging knife infils have me playing Arma for a month. Daybreak took the most most trollish of kills and made them directives. Really Daybreak?
    • Up x 8
  4. Pelojian

correction they made them MORE directives, last year you only needed to wear a mask and knife people for one, we had one to kill people while wearing a mask etc.

the flash one wouldn't be so bad at the lower tiers if it counted road kills.

they are encouraging gimmicky behavior that only encourage lame farms with knives.

as i understand it the implant isn't that great, but i don't think it's a good idea to put specific implants on directives that are seasonal though, so you farm your eyes out in boredom for one month of the year or you are screwed if you want to play more casually?
    • Up x 4
  5. oTec

I didn't even realize the update was live last night when i logged in after a few days of not playing.
    Was on hossin and the vanu just kept on charging headfirst at us, trying to knife people.
    It was just stalker infils knifing 1 dude, dying and then me rezzing the guy that died untill they lost the base.
    Just logged off after 25mins out off boredom.
    • Up x 1
  6. JobiWan

I've put vampire on most of my loadouts just so I can get knife kills towards the directive during normal play when I feel like a break from grinding.
  7. Liewec123

that one good idea, though i don't think i really knife people too much, especially not 600+ that this will take :p

i've actually been ridiculously lucky since posting this thread, killed 2 galacto-lanterns, 1 more for this tier and then i can find out how hilariously grindy the final tier is. :eek:
  8. HAXTIME

It seems I have had the first 2 directive entries completed already (ammo and revive), at least up to gold, no idea if they are also finished for aurax. The flash thing I don't mind too much, I wanted to aurax that jerk anyways, so now might be the time.

No comment on the knife kills and candy gun kills... that's atrocious.
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

update, got to last tier now and...its not good news...

A THOUSAND kills with the useless halloween weapons (100 ribbons)
    4 of the cosmic pumpkins.
    300 flash kills
    300 melee kills with vamire/nightmare
    and THREE THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY revives. (250 ribbons, 15 revives per ribbon. 3750...)
    and the nice easy resupply one.

you need to do 4 of them, dog have mercy on our souls...

also can't leave the warpgate to go pumpkin hunting without some MLG idiot skyknights ganking...

i've logged off now, i've been frustrated all day with this c%%p. :mad:
    • Up x 3
  10. Jac70

Without wanting to sound too negative about something that is just a bit of fun - yeah, far far too grindy. Previously there were pumpkins all over the place, now I have yet to see one. It's just endless wraith flashes shottgunnin people stood by Sunderers. It seems to encourage the sort of play that practically ruins the game during vanilla. You don't get anything even remotely interesting until Master level and **** doing thousands of revives.

I was considering buying the candy cannon because it's one of the few Exceptional weapons you can buy with certs. I certainly ain't spending money on weapons, especially weapons that are just stock weapons with a gold texture applied to them. Again, massive massive grind of doing 6,000 kills with terrible novelty weapons - maybe one day but likely not.
    • Up x 2
  11. Lamat

Is the Slasher a bad knife? I thought it was the same damage...
  12. Rydenan

For this reason alone I have completely written off the directive.
    • Up x 1
  13. CaptCran

it's like pooping;)
    • Up x 1
  14. Silkensmooth

MLG skyknights keep you safe from ground pounders who are clearly not skyknights, but sky bandits. You should kneel to the sky-knights who provide you with safety and security not besmirch them. Shame on you.
  15. Nintyuk

Sod this crap, I'm gonna play the TF2 update
    • Up x 1
  16. Tankalishious

I had one look at the event and went Fu.k it.
    • Up x 1
  17. The Rogue Wolf

People complaining about the grind of a month-long event they've made significant inroads through in two days. o_O

I guess DBG should make this super-easy so that people can complain about not having anything to do instead.
  18. Nepas77

Not all people live and breath Planetside 2 and it's a 20 day event, not a month.

A lot of the people that plays are casual players. And you forget to realize not all of the directives are easy to get Because:

- Not every one has a rank 4 stealth flash with shotguns to make it easier, and if you don't have one well too bad. AND DON'T SAY YOU CAN JUST BUY ONE SINCE ITS NOT CHEAP AND MOST PEOPLE RARELY USE FLASH.

- Galact -O-Pumpkins are extremely rare to find since there are only 1 in 600 possible locations to find them. AND THAT IS NOT INCLUDING A THOUSAND PLAYER IN THE SAME MAP WHO IS ALSO LOOKING FOR IT.

- You need to revive 3750 people. THREE THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY (this is not including the expert directive)

The system is so disheartening to the point a lot of players who arrived expert level decides not to finish it. I get that we need to work for the stuff but this is just too much. It would've been easier if DB just decided to sell the implant and the cosmetics.
    • Up x 4
  19. Liewec123

its now 7:22AM here and these A-hole are still ganking the warpgate,
    the level of no-life it must take to be camping at 7AM...
    i got up ridiculously early hoping to get this damn pumpkin c%%p done but apparently they're even gankier when there is noone else online.
    i swear i'm going to smash my screen over this god damn game and this god damn event.

so over a 20 day period you think 4000 revives will occur naturally? thats 200 a day...
    (especially with everyone else trying to farm revives)
    how about 400 melee kills? (while using an implant i wouldn't usually use)
    this entire event is a huge frustrating grind fest, full of ganky skypricks if you try to hunt pumpkins,
    try to play on the ground and you're swamped by wraith flashes and knifers,
    so its toxic gameplay in the air and on the ground.
    i've unsubbed for the first time in a long while, i'm angry, frustrated and i've had enough.

no activated mode so you need to hit them twice with the godawful unregistering melee in this game.
    • Up x 2
  20. jettblakk

Flash and knife kills can **** right off. That **** is outside my skill set. So disappointed in the limited option to complete the directive. Clearly the Devs only care about a small subset of high skill players who can dedicate a lot of time to the game. I am too busy and low skill to even bother. Zero ***** given about this event. I was looking forward to it until I saw it. Thank you, no thank you.
    • Up x 1