Battle Hardened (omg???)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Inzababa

So being rich with ISO thanks to new patch, I tested some implants I didn't know about.

Battle Hardened reduces camera shake and flynch which you get when being shot.

I always used to think "camera shake" right, I can do without that thing, who cares if camera shakes a little. And flinch, I knew what it meant, but didn't really know "what it meant".....

Basically, GET BATTLE HARDENED ASAP.

I don't have the stats yet, but in situations when you are face to face with someone (in others as well but thats the best example) and basically both of you are painting and spraying, having BH makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE, like REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY, I've been running around like the terminator killing everything!!!

I used to get SOOOOOOO frustrated when I started shooting first, I was focused and aiming perfectly for neck or the head or the top of the chest, but I was aiming good but it felt like I wasn't hitting anything at all, and kill screen showed enemy with almost full shield and health at the time when he killed me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's because I was "flynching" and "shaking the camera" (which it would seem doesn't have only an aesthetic effect). My aim was fine, it's just that because of the flynch etc, the game was making me miss the target.

It's kind of hard to tell in PS2, but that's what I reckon, again, if I got it wrong, let me know, otherwise :

GET BATTLE HARDENED ASAP
    • Up x 1
  2. Eternaloptimist

Battle hardened is one of my favourites too - and yes, reduces chance of throwing off your aim when hit or from nearby explosions. Also reduces delay in your reaction time when getting hit by someone you can't see so you can run away. My other go to implant is Regenerate.
    • Up x 1
  3. Towie

Flynch = when you get hit, it knocks off your aim (more damaging hit = more flynch)

Camera shake = relates to explosions around you (which happens a lot front-line) - literally shakes your viewpoint

BH is more or less considered mandatory for heavies or those doing front line duty. It does give a serious advantage if you have it and without, you're going to struggle.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

damn, BH is one of those implants that i skip currently, i might have to try it.
    2 slots really isn't enough is it?! regen is mandatory for me and i love others like catlike,
    seems like i might end up running BH+regen with no option to use anything else since both are mandatory XD
    • Up x 1
  5. FateJH

I had found both versions of Battle Hardened - former and current - rather unremarkable when I tested them personally but I think that may be because I was unable to turn off the flinch and shake compensations I've built up over the years. It most certain would help someone who struggles with reticle control though.
  6. Halkesh

I've BH rank 5 and I regret it : I never use it because I have only 2 slot and so much implant to place into.
    Due to my playstyle i prefer sensor shield 4 (rang 5 is nearly useless) or catlike 5 so I can flank enemy easier. Non-heavy class aren't meant to fight face to face.
    When I play HA, I run regen and assimilate.
    The only case where BH is useful on my eyes is as a sniper/scout-rifle infiltrator since flinch and camera shake often lead to miss your shots.

I don't run BH on my eidolon loadout (I run catlike 5 + regen)

Actually, regen implant isn't mandatory if you play in squad or if you're in defense with the bio lab boost (equivalent of regen rank 2).
    That said, I still run regen implant because I'm too lazzy to change my loadout.
  7. Campagne

I've got max rank Battle Hardened, Regen, Catlike, and Ammo Printer, and maybe one more, but I mostly only ever use BH and Catlike.

Personally I don't see why anyone would say Regen is "mandatory." I occasionally use it for a bit here and there, but every time I do I'm just disappointed at how slow it is. Even when I do use it, I still carry medsticks because they actually make a difference fast enough to matter.

Meanwhile Catlike grants a massive mobility bonus to virtually everyone and yet few players seem to use it. Crazy, I say.
    • Up x 2
  8. Erendil

Yeah I don't get it either. I have Catlike on every single non-MAX loadout but one, which is my HA+Betelgeuse doorcrasher loadout that uses BH + Assimilate.

Otherwise Catlike is essential. It lets you jump-climb to places only LA's can get to otherwise, and gives you access to new paths to your objective and new escape routes not otherwise available to you. It also let you use the stock Skirmisher jumpjets basically as mini Ambushers with no cooldown.

As for BH, I use it on HA and Medic. But I find Catlike + Sensor Shield much more useful on LA and Infil.
    • Up x 1
  9. JobiWan

I hadn't really used BH much. I tried it tonight for a few hours. I can't say it made much difference.

I love Catlike and Safe Fall for stalking. You're like a Light-Light Assault with the places you can get to and from.
  10. Erendil

Hmm I hadn't really thought of using Safe Fall on Infil. I might have to give that a shot. ;)

It would certainly make escaping from high perches a lot faster and easier once you're discovered. :p
    • Up x 1
  11. Towie

There are so many options and combos (as long as you have the ISO !)

The only implant i'm disappointed with is Minor Cloak. I honestly thought it was going to be wildly OP. Imagine a cloaked heavy with an auto-shotgun ?
    The reality is very different - it cloaks too quickly when you don't want it to, too slowly when you need it and decloak seems to take an age (which you have to - shooting / interacting doesn't auto decloak).
  12. Liewec123

i don't do squad play so the ability to get back to full hp by myself after each fight is quite awesome :)
    i have dabbled with medsticks but always ended up missing my c4 :p
    perhaps when i get carapace and i'm popping resto kits like an addict i can switch regen for battlehardened! :D
  13. Halkesh

You're speaking with a converted ;)
    • Up x 1
  14. HAXTIME

Yes, I've been running it on my 1-on-1 geared medic and HA loadouts for a while now, although I don't think it's that good (it's just that next to the must have Regeneration it is a flexible choice).
  15. Kdog559

Oh the camera shake reminds me of the harlem shakes.Most annoying thing for my screen to do. Get that battle harden.
  16. lokisrun

I'd love to get Battle Hardened but I've opened 10 deluxe boxes and not pulled one yet, so I'm still waiting.
  17. Rydenan

I'd love to run BH. Too bad I've spent over 30,000 certs on deluxe implant packs and still haven't gotten it.

I just have to accept that I'm at a distinct mechanical disadvantage when going toe-to-toe with the players who have it.
  18. oTec

O wow, that's horrible. I was already annoyed that i didn't get it after doing all the directives for evry class,objectives and leadership wich give implant boxes. I also spend 1000 iso on 2 recyclers, got 2x sweeper. I then bought 1x deluxe crate (750certs) and i got it straight away. Only 1x though, but that's all i needed.

With the event, i believe the 2nd directive also gives an implant box.

Btw guys, NEVER BUY RECYCLERS.
    • Up x 1
  19. Inzababa

Wait, what? Why?
  20. oTec

They're not worth spending 500ISO on, better off using it to upgrade.
    • Up x 1