[Suggestion] NSX Daimyo needs more Muzzle Velocity

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Tykune, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Tykune

After trying out the NSX Daimyo for half a day, it felt pretty off to me as a 'headhunter' rifle. After a bit of testing in actual combat, it seems to me that the bullet drops way too much to be accurate for a headshot weapon, making this weapon too impractical for it's sole purpose of getting headshots. This even makes using the silencer out of the question since the bullet drop is noticeably frustrating without it. Close range is fine though the available scopes make it difficult to aim for the head properly (we need 2x scopes for this sort of range), mid range requires compensation between just under the cross hair to the first dot, though varying wildly depending on how far you are from your target, which makes it slightly difficult to handle, and long range is out of the question, as your typical bolt-action/scout rifles are several times more reliable without he headshot modifier.

I suggest possibly bumping the muzzle velocity up to 620m/s or 630m/s so that it may be viable in mid range.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tykune

Actually, on second thought now that I am looking at where the bullet is dropping.. I am somewhat wondering if the bullet is even coming out of the Daimyo at the right angle. It seems to be coming out angled downward rather than straight, then down. Someone may want to look into this.
  3. BoatsFriends

It was off when I tested it before it came out. Supposedly has higher velocity and same gravity as ghost/tsar etc. Normal headshot area for ghost/tsar etc becomes bodyshots for daimyo. The Recoil Recovery delay is unwanted.
  4. PanzerGoddess

one weapon that should be taken out of the game, trash trash trash. Then again its just another ns weapon which is surprising, the majority of every ns weapons are almost better than a lot of faction weapons.....

faction weapons, we need them, more of them, getting old chasing the platinum dream with every *******bleepin ns weapon that comes out.
    • Up x 1
  5. CaptCran

I find it works best countering snipers and stationary targets. Every once and a while I'll get a head shot on a moving target but it's usually a luck shot. The TSAR-42 was my last sniper rifle to use so it wasn't new to have quick follow-up shots with the Daimyo.
  6. JobiWan

I got the Daimyo a few days ago. It seems inconsistent. The bullet drop is hard to get used to compared to the TSAR-42. I can get headshots all day long with the TSAR but the Daimyo is not very forgiving if you miss, the body shot damage is awful.

I'm having to adapt my gameplay a lot, basically you pick on targets that are stood still or moving towards you, otherwise you're just annoying enemy soldiers. I'm sure it will come with practice but I'm really not feeling the love with this gun at the moment.
  7. Tykune

I don't trust the bullet velocity at all. I've seen bullet velocity on other weapons close to the Daiymo and with less drop, so with this and the lacking body shot damage and clip size, i feel it is inconsistent and not practical at all. It would of been very nice to have a very accurate close range rifle that has a high headshot multiplier, but this weapon just isn't it.
  8. Eternaloptimist

I get the impression that that is the idea with the NSX series. They all seem to have some feature that is different from the usual run of weapons and which require adaptation:
    • Tanto has tiny cof like a burst carbine but rapidly expanding;
    • Naginata IIRC is stand-still to lay down accurate suppression fire;
    • Yumi is a large burst AR you need to track your your target with after pulling the trigger because of firing delay, like an old flintlock;
    • Tengu is an ADS shotgun/SMG because unusually large hipfire cof;
    • Pilot is a lethal at close range but poor at medium range/small mag all-or-nothing sort of weapon.
    They are all a love or hate thing, it seems. I've never bought an NSX weapon but since getting the free Tanto I have swapped from my high RoF, ADS bullet hose approach to the hip firing, ADAD aim-for-the-head burst fire approach. Painful learning curve to begin with but I'm loving it now.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zagareth

The Daimyo is scrap metal. Not good for anything and need to be reworked to a real Sniper Rifle
    The bullet drop is the same as for other rifles with silencer and it is not even useful at any range compared to the existing rifles
  10. Moz

No OP just no....

The Daimyo is a close range sniper with low damage and a silly HS multi. Its not supposed to be used at any sort of range. It cannot OHK at any sort of range.

In its ideal operating range you can aim at the head with no worry of drop.

You can score kills at slightly longer ranges, however this IS IN NO WAY what the gun is intended for.
    • Up x 1
  11. BoatsFriends

The velocity is correct. I forget the height bullets normally originate from, but for the Daimyo, the bullet starts out lower. That is to say, if bullets normally start from the bottom of your neck, the Daimyo starts out at your chest.