<( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)> The farce is with us!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Apr 7, 2017.

1. ChUnKiFieR

How long are construct bases AA going to be allowed to shoot half way across the continent?

The new implant system sucks.

The Ant sound bug has been going on for months.

Are we just grabbing money on the way out the door and fixing nothing like a bad contractor?

LOOKS THAT WAY TO US !!!
  2. MaDiv

</cry>
    You forgot an end-tag there :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  3. Pat22

As long as you keep shooting at them from halfway across the continent.
    • Up x 5
  4. csvfr

To me it seems as if the motive for most updates aren't to "improve" the game, but to increase DBGs revenue. This so even at the expense of what's good with the game. It might not be obvious at first, but take the base AA turret nerf for instance. Rendering the turrets useless increases the relative potency of skyguards/launchers/etc. which in turn leads to more DBC spent on that.
    • Up x 1
  5. ChUnKiFieR

I have no problem with DBG making a buck but it shouldn't come at the unequal expense of the paying player!
  6. csvfr

It's not about "a buck", it's about greed. Taking stuff away which was there before, only to return it with a price tag... Yeah it might give some extra $$ there and then but can turn off supporters in the process.

It's like pissing your pants to keep yourself warm, destined to make you cold in the long run. One year from now, DBG will make so little that what's left of the game can't be maintained anymore, bad for everyone.
  7. pnkdth

This is, sadly, what happens when you coddle your non-paying player-base. No one actually need to spend any money. Sort of becomes a necessity to make these short term gains.

That said, I wonder why more focus haven't been put into make a subscription more worthwhile. Instead of focusing on "material" gains there are so much data these days that show what people actually prefer is personal meaning or the means to communicate something about themselves. Same in businesses, more than bonuses it is a sense of autonomy, being in a part of something, that makes people want to stick around and feel happier about their lives.

Some suggestions:
    • One free weapon per month(player's pick).
    • One free cosmetic per month(player's pick).
    • Some cool sticker with their name or image you can upload. Maybe even some kind of mapping your IRL face to your characters. Plenty of relatively cheap tech out there now. Don't have to be pixel perfect(since that would probably destroy performance).
    • Advanced cosmetic slot to look even more badass than the lowly free players + unique player skins for suit as available for paying players.
    In MMO it is sometimes called Fashionquest because looking cool while kicking *** feels good. I mean certain shooters pretty much fund themselves on awesome looking skins and cosmetics. Also, as no other game DBG has interest me the all-access bit is completely uninteresting to me and for those who play PS2 it adds zero value.
    • Up x 1
  8. entity009

I think a huge improvement to membership would be to stop making us claim our 500 dbc. Its a perk so award it. If someone is paying a sub while not logging in then they should still recieve their dbc without logging in just to claim it.
    • Up x 3
  9. Atrus2g

The amount of bad taste I have in my mouth for this game after the latest round of horse**** has compromised my desire to play. Its been about a week and a half, just logged on today to 'claim' my dbc for the month but found myself wanting in any desire to play. Mind you I had just reached BR 88 and was putting in a solid 2+ hrs a day, gg DBG.

The other thing no one talks about is that we playing members pay DBG twice, first with our subscription and second with our time populating those dank servers with players. Seems hard to justify at the moment, so Ive been actively investing in other titles..
  10. Gutseen

99% of the player base runs on low settings, that negates any cosmetic "fashionside"
    plus look'n like a pompous clown in a +40 ppl crowd rly gets u killed, cuz u look a tad different.

be inconspicuous, use standard gear and get dem kills, while peeps in bulky costumes get their *** handed.
    pure profit!
    • Up x 1
  11. Droid15.24.3

1. No thanks.
    2. Inaccurate.

I run around with glowing armor with a helmet that advertises a home for a lucky bullet. Guess who isn't having problems mowing down TR/NC.

I look for the biggest threat to my team and single them out as my primary target, regardless of looks. I see default, I assume the player isn't into customization.

Most of the time I get killed it's by someone in an equally if not crazier look.
  12. Demigan

For a total of 0 days!
    They never had the ability to shoot very far unless manned.

Why? It's not hard to get a decent amount of tier 3 implants even for a new player, giving them lots of options to diversify. I don't hear you crying over how long it takes to get all the Carbines, or all the tank weapons etc. These are also long-term and costly. In the meantime buying 1 implant pack means you get two things: A chance at something new, and anything that isn't new will be converted to the upgrade currency. It's basically a win win situation. The Implant system was also designed to be both a long-term money maker, keeping the game alive, and a long-term goal for players that have been complaining that they had nothing to work for anymore. It hit half a dozen birds with one stone, all either important for the game without making it P2W or requests from the playerbase. Considering how easy it's to get into, how good putting certs into it is compared to putting it into other stuff (you get for multiple classes and loadouts a boost and/or upgrade currency, much better than putting it into a single weapon/gadget that's only good for one vehicle or class), how good a long-term goal it is, and how they avoided it being P2W it's actually one of the best systems they designed for the game so far.

That's annoying, but is it a farce?

The only thing you could complain about is how bugs can remain in the game for extreme amounts of time. Otherwise I have no idea why you would go nuts about this.
  13. Demigan

Yes! Definitely! So they nerfed the Skyguard and all other flak weapons into the ground! It's definitely a cash grab!
    /S
    • Up x 1
  14. adamts01

As a one year player I think the subscription is more than worth it, if the game were in a good place. Zerging and over-pop.... Until you fix that, balance doesn't mean ****.
  15. adamts01

Like I've always said, if you want the Skyguard to perform, it needs a skill requirement equal to the results you're seeking. Your auto-cannon suggestion fits the bill perfectly. Personally though, I'm happy with flak being nerfed to the ground where it should be.
  16. FateJH

And that's not a helpful sentiment to the game. "Nerfing something to the ground" is the kind of absuive relationship with the development team and game updates that gets people to stop playing the game. Fostering it is not getting anyone anywhere.
  17. adamts01

I'm all for balance, and I'll stand by my statement. If a weapon in a fps takes little to no skill to use, it should have little to no reward.
  18. FateJH

The basic mechanics of the majority of weapons are "point, offset, and depress the trigger." Movement and timing are the true individual skills, with Air is so far above anything on the ground in those departments that competition is nearly infeasible.
  19. adamts01

I'm the first to admit air is completely screwed up, but this is about flak canons. With such a huge cone of fire, and such a huge burst radius, that weapon has to deal **** for damage, same as a shotgun at range. Tighten up the cone, increase the velocity, make the burst range 1m (if you have to keep flak) and I'm all for turning up the damage. Basically they have to change the spray & pray nature of the thing.