Which server more balanced?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Condono, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Condono

Which server has more balanced teams? So that every faction wins every now and then, my only experience has been cobalt so far but the problem is that VS winning majority of times during main hours. Are there any servers with more balanced amount of uniforms?
  2. Xada

If you want to play NC, there is none. If you want to play TR... then you have a few options. If your willing to go VS in order to win, choose any server, really.
    • Up x 1
  3. adamts01

Despite what all the number crunchers say, that's definitely telling. Best ESF for underpopulated air and easiest to use weapons with mid-tier dps. It's a great combination.
  4. Xada

Numbers don't mean jack if they don't produce results.
    • Up x 1
  5. adamts01

Absolutely. I'm a big numbers guy and focused too much on that when looking at guns when I started playing this game. After refining my aim I've shifted to lower dps guns for their ability to reliably land more headshots. So yeah, it's frustrating when people say something is OP because of dps or rate of fire, there are so many variables when it comes to handling.
    • Up x 1
  6. pnkdth

Stop looking at alert data over all time. If you do that it won't matter if the devs buff NC to become unstoppable for months you'll still go "BUT LOOK! NC ARE LOSING MORE." If you can't read data stop pretending you can.

Last 50 alerts measured on Miller and NC won 19 of them and 3 tied wins. Connery won 15. Cobalt it was won 13. Emerald it was 8.

So to the NC on Cobalt and Emerald stop weighing the faction down and get good.
  7. FLHuk

Roll diff faction chars on Cobad and enjoy, simples :D
  8. LordKrelas

19 of 50.
    That's 31 left, between TR & VS plus 3 ties.
    So 29.
    Did VS win 50% of that, 70%? Without the other numbers, you might as well pick a random number.
    And it gets worse with the rest; 15 wins, but how many wins split between the other two?
    As it's 50.
    16 for a perfect split, so on Miller, which if I recall being told has the highest population on NC, has 3 more than that.
    Connery won 15, that including or missing ties?
    What about the rest? How is their pop balance? That ties in quite well.
    As if with 50-60% pop, a solid victory streak is easy.
    While at 5-10%, you wonder what the **** allowed it.

Does this include the new alert system, only the old, or both.
    Data is useless when it isn't the full piece.

"VS win 26!" "Of what"
    *Example, that is not based on anything, just number and a fac I pulled out of a hat.

You see, if you only look at the last 5 alerts or what have you, you'll also be unable to see the average.
    If one side for those 5 alerts has most of the pop, or less, that factors in.
    If they were in prime-time that also factors in.
    As you can say, one side won every alert in the last week, but what about the specifics?
    What if they overpopped? Empty continent? Hived at 70%? Were completely Ignored?
    Using a larger sample however helps reduce the impact of such specifics.
  9. Towie

If sticking to Euro servers then it's either Miller or Cobalt - and Cobalt has the more even population balance, but you seem to be wanting more alert wins and that isn't so straight forward.

Remember that people are still getting used to the new alert system - I play on Cobalt and i've only ever heard VS squads talking about triggering an alert and strategy for winning and up until very recently, NC and TR would continue to fight each other even when VS triggered the alert.

That has all changed now - and last night, during prime time, there was one victory each for TR, VS and NC - and one draw between NC and TR. I'd call that pretty even ;)

(Caveat - your 'prime time' might be different to mine - i'm UK)
  10. Condono

Ill probably remain in cobalt since I have gotten over alert salt and have witnessed some amazing games. One game where VS triggered alert when they had like 46% control and something strange happened. Fight among NC and TR ceased and VS were hit by both side and they lost the alert, 1 hour after(15min after it ended) vanu were dropped to 5% control. Was truely amazing to witness.
    Another game was also about VS winning but they were completely ignored as TR and NC were having massive battle of the day. It lasted for 45min and nobody won since VS locked before it could end. At the end of the match, 3 hives stood around the capture site. It was really amazing.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. Purp

NOT Emerald- October 6th (double xp weekend) till today October 11th at 8:27 CST it has been Vanu 27, NC 11, and TR 16 (Alert wins). That makes Vanu wins at 50%, NC wins at 20%, and TR wins at 30%.
  12. Purp

If you do continent locks, the Vanu even come out stronger on Emerald (from Oct 6th- present). Vanu 17, NC 7, TR 6. That makes Vanu 57%, NC 23%, and TR 20%. Vanu are definitely strong with this patch!
  13. Condono

I do enjoy alerts more now but I can say that I don't take them seriously. Running around and doing your own thing tend to be more entertaining than actually putting effort into alert. The reason for that is because if my effort ends up being a loss then it is just demoralizing and pain in my butt afterward.
  14. Xada

I hate nerfin, so I'd suggest looking at the TR and NC equipment. If their weapons are just too impractical (like the pheonix/striker) then they need a revamp.
    • Up x 1
  15. Purp

Oh, I don't know that it's an equipment issue- I think that the Vanu on Emerald have some really good outfit leaders. If we could just get some people to step up for TR and NC...

I know I would probably be playing on Vanu if they had some decent female helmets :( But TR has by far the best cosmetics :)
  16. Xada

I know VS on emerald have very good leaders... but this is a trend across all servers. There's more to this than sheer tactical superiority.
    • Up x 2
  17. Towie

Well I play all three factions on Cobalt and I can state that VS work together better - they are the only ones who do any sort of 'training night', they use command channel to coordinate entire outfits and split teams so they are 'just enough' to win a base, redeploy quickly on a lost base, etc. etc.

Now NC have some genuinely great outfits (RE4 for example) but this hasn't always been the case, and come a close second in organisational ability. They don't 'join' outfits as far as i'm aware but do very well.

TR is a bit more frustrating; the good outfits tend to be small - most of the server is overtaken by ZERG RUS type outfits who mount enormous attacks on a base, overpopping to crazy levels and completely ignoring the myriad of other bases being taken off them. I spent the best part of 30 mins with a platoon trying to attack the same base the other night (southern Indar) - I watched the map and the VS were basically ghost capping the entire northern line between TR and VS. I called this out in voice chat multiple times but nothing - went to try and shore up the defences but there's only so much you can do with a tiny group of defenders. So gave up in frustration. TR certainly look the part though with a 20+ vehicle steamroller annihilating everything in their path.

Why is this so ? Well just maybe - VS tend to be the underpop faction (on some servers, severely so) and have HAD to coordinate to achieve anything. Add to that the tightly controller population balance now and you're likely to get quality TR and NC folks waiting in the queue, VS can just move where they want. Well coordinated large platoons just do better.

If you honestly think that VS have the best weapons / vehicles / air then I strongly suggest you roll a VS alt and give it a go. You will be disappointed.
  18. FLHuk

The "VS is more organised and has better players" line was first used in late 2012 and is as funny today as it ever was.

Everyone should play all three factions to see for themselves!
  19. Purp

I find it quite humorous that FLHin's signature clearly shows a difference in factions- his NC and TR accounts have a KDR in the 3.1 range, whereas his KDR on his vanu is 5.46. Very impressive KDRs btw :)
  20. FLHuk

KD means nothing on my account :D

You can't compare the other two to my NC as he's done the teamwork thing and therefore has died a lot...

I now just use them to play the under pop. This means the VS gets played more despite them all now being vehicle farmers.

All said and done I like TR the most, VS is the easiest, NC is where my heart is and teamwork is where you make or find it on all three ;)