alert win and no reward

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grumluck, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Grumluck

woaw better to better now.
    we just win a alert and no reward at all.
    yeah you can't participate in 2 alerts consecutive or one more time you are **** by DB and no infos at all on it.
    Hesitate to resuscribre but with all the ******** this pasts weeks : glad i didn't do.
    i loved this game and now it's so frustrating to play ............
  2. Eternaloptimist

How long did you take part in the Alert? that makes a difference and IIRC you need to be fighting in it for something liek half the time to expect any noticeable reward.

Were you active? your contribution also affects reward level e.g. just being in the WG during the alert might not get you anything AFAIK

That said, there has been at least one bug - I was fighting for a faction that met the trigger criteria but no alert triggered (just once that happened).

Since then, I have fought in some dozen alerts and the reward has always been delivered.
  3. Grumluck

hi,
    i was nc for both alert the first one 45 iso (lost and not all 45 min) the second one nothing and i make the 45 min. yeah i never have before but since the hotfix i suppose and a lot of other player have the same too on miller
  4. Kukaracha

New Alert system is a pile of bugs, expect everything.
    You're not gonna get the reward for the second alert. There is a two solutions:
    1) If the second alert starting soon after the end of the first one.
    Close your game, launch it again and log in. Wait for the second alert to pop up. That's all.
    2) Second alert started while the first one is not finished.
    Wait until the first alert ends. Close your game, launch it again and log in. Switch to the continent with the second alert. If the second alert is dissapeared for you (bug happens in 80% times), log out and log in again. Switch to the continent with the second alert. Repeat until sucsess, might take a long time. If you've logged right in the continent with the alert you will see it with 100% sure, but most of the time it will be a VR Training or another continent.

''Being AFK is bad'' is a lie. You can earn some EXP in a few minutes of alert and stay AFK in any location (except the warpgate) for the rest of the alert. Of course you need to move your character each 10 minutes for not being kicked.
  5. LordKrelas

At least you didn't leave an alert continent the moment it started, to play in a different alert, and won without reward.
    After having spent the entire another's run time, while also having actually played well during it.

Which is a real pity.
  6. Bansheedragon75

Participated in 3 alerts today.
    1st alert I only was there for 10 minutes, we stopped an opposing faction from locking the continent, I got 22 ISO.
    2nd alert I was there for the whole duration, we stopped an opposing faction from locking the continent, I got 100 ISO.
    3rd alert I was there for the whole duration we won the alert and locked the continent, I got 300 ISO and got a squad XP boost.

I have not encountered the issue the OP is talking about here.
    I have however noticed that the screen display showing the reward dont always show when an alert ends, and its only shown in the chat what you got.
    The way I see it there are 2 possibilities.
    The OP got the reward and just didnt notice it.
    There is a bug that caused the OP to not get the reward.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kristan

Encountered this bug. I was on Esamir and we were losing alert to VS. Before it ended we went to Indar where TR has triggered alert. While fighting on Indar the alert on Esamir has ended and I've got some ISO. But when we won the alert on Indar I received nothing and some of our squad members said that they've got nothing as well.
    • Up x 1
  8. JobiWan

Just had this. Won 3 alerts in a row, participated in all from start to finish, got rewards for first two but nothing for third. Yellchat seemed to indicate there were lots of others who didn't get anything either.
    • Up x 1
  9. chayne

This happened to me yesterday, played all of alert 1 and received nothing. After a bit alert 2 popped and received 300 iso and a decal.
  10. breeje

i did get a helmet on one alert and clicked on the Y to collect it but when i looked in the inventory nothing was there
    searched everything from infill to max cause i thought it could be a specific helmet but no nothing
    it was the invisible helmet, now i only need the invisible armor :)
  11. JobiWan

So I asked Wrel on Twitter and he replied 'bug, currently being investigated'
    • Up x 2
  12. JobiWan

Won another alert tonight, played 30 minutes of it, no reward. I was dead at the time, I wonder if this is what's causing it.
    • Up x 1
  13. BartasRS

I had a similar situation but I eventually did get that helmet (it was MAX one) after relogging. I noticed it only because Fisu page listed it.
    So far I participated in many alerts and I always got something but my biggest gripe is that (except mentioned helmet) all I get are some useless decals and 1 time I got 30% resource&XP boost. Well, TBH those decals interesting and free but not very usefull if you know what I mean.
    • Up x 1
  14. LtBomber1

I have a similar issue. I was granted the "Sunderer spare tire", however it did not unlock. I contacted the support, and they said they forwarded the issue to the devs and they are looking into it. It sould be solved within the next patches/hotfix. It is annoying, i know, but be patient and report such issues.
    Decals are not bad as a giveaway, however you can not field them all at once. So maybe there could be the option: Cycle decal, where the game selcects a random one every spawn^^.
  15. Jac70

I was playing on Esamir, built a base and mined Cortium for the hive. Then I jumped onto VR when an alert triggered. I warped back to Esamir and played through the alert. I missed only about 45 seconds but with a rare VS win I wasn't awarded anything and I only got 90 IS04! I thought we were supposed to get a couple hundred on a win :eek:
    • Up x 1
  16. Jac70

Actually I think I know what happened. Another faction triggered the alert but our faction managed to regain enough territory such that they didn't lock the continent. So although we were declared the winners we do not get a reward for that. I played in one today where we did manage to lock the continent and I got the 300 ISO4 as well as a nice XP boost token.
  17. Amarsir

Bug is in the tracker, no resolution yet:

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-3355?filter=-2
    • Up x 1
  18. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Yup, we're aware of this bug - we're currently tracking it. Any detailed reports of missing rewards are super helpful!
  19. LordKrelas

Be on a continent when it starts an Alert, leave within a minute or two, to a second continent that started an Alert moments before that switch.
    Only tracks the first Alert time \ participation.

I would send that into the Tracker, but apparently I need an account specific to that site Rather than the universal.
  20. Kristan

Here is new thing. NC triggered alert on Esamir but we pushed them off. On the last 30 seconds before alert ends new alert announcement flashes. Previous alert timer is gone, no ISO reward, VS starting a new alert on Esamir.