Sad to say, Im leaving

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paltop, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Paltop

I have played for some years now and Planetside 2 is worse than ever. They keep on lowering my weapons damage. It is not at all a bit realistic anymore. I shoot at my opponents at close range and if im lucky they die. All my personal weapons and tank guns are ridiculous low on damage.
    Im leaving this game.
  2. Pikachu

Devs want to sharpen the rock-paper-scissors damage model. You have to start using anti-infantry weapons when shooting infantry, rather than your armor piercing cannon.
  3. breeje

yesterday i played with a friend in a prowler
    me as a top gunner, he plays only as a tankdriver (all the time)
    whenever i play with this guy or someone of his outfit i need to tone down the sound of my headphones cause the kill alerts just wont stop
    now after the update he still had no problem killing everything around him with his AP ammo
    and he kept thanking me for the free certs from his halberd
    the damage output from some weapons did get a small nerf but it still is enough to kill everything what moves
  4. Humoreske

ESF=Rock&Paper&Scissors
    • Up x 4
  5. MichaelMoen

Its never been hard with a prowler, ever. Oh missed first time? No worries you got two barrels and a fast reload.
  6. Celtin

Player: "The devs really gotta make this game better"
    Devs: *Improve the game*
    Player: *Silent Disapproval*
    Devs: *Literally improve it more*
    Player: "This game is bad and im leaving because the devs just dont improve it"

Me: "What the hell is going on with players?"
    • Up x 5
  7. Necron

He's a tanker... farm takes work now. He has sad face.

OP CAN I HAZ YOUR STUFF??
  8. Tankalishious

Plz... l2p.

I main MBT. Farm is just as easy as before, even easier at times due to the increased rear damage. Flanking is king.
    • Up x 1
  9. FirePhox

As an occasional Lightning tonker, I remember when so much as peeking at a lock-down prowler would pretty much mean instant death. It seems like the TTK has gone up quite a bit with the new changes and I'm happy with that, but Lightnings and MBTs (without kobalt) are having a much harder time dealing with all the anti tank weaponry that infantry have now. I think they should get coaxial machine guns to help them deal with close range threats.
  10. breeje

i invite you to come and play TR for one week, i play all the factions and the gras is not greener on the TR side
  11. MichaelMoen

I've spent my time in the TR and VS training rooms testing the weaponry there, and yeah I was floored at what a Prowler, much more a locked down Prowler can do to vehicles from the front. Two rounds instead of one, reloads quickly, even more quickly locked down, and even the velocity seems faster. Only times I've ever defeated a Prowler is if I had a gunner with me, or I snuck up behind them.
  12. adamts01

The TR MBT cannon is MUCH better for farming infantry than the others if it can get an angle. The only reason I'd put the magrider above the Prowler is its ability to get places no tank should be able to get, greatly increasing its ability to get good farming angles. The Vanguard is great at killing other tanks, but NC has the short end of the stick when it comes to killing infantry.

My largest complain has always been over-pop and zerging, none of which has been addressed in the least, so I'll keep complaining about that. But most of this patch was great, and I think it's been pretty well received by the majority of players.
  13. breeje

14. breeje

trainingroom? WTF you call this testing? everything dies 10 times faster in the VR
    and shooting non moving dummies who don't shoot back, you can't call this testing you can only get the feeling for a weapon in the VR
    most players who test and like a weapon in VR don't like the weapon in the field, only to go back to there old weapon and scream how DBG ript them off
    • Up x 2
  15. adamts01

The prowler got the short end of the stick for Tank vs Tank, absolutely. That was slightly negated by the loss of side damage, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the Vanguards "I win" shield. As for sniping ESF, the Prowler does that too after this patch, same as the AP Lightning, so strike that off your NC advantage list.
    • Up x 1
  16. HAXTIME

You are burnt out, happens to all of us after months of 24/7 96+ vs 96+ meatgrinding. Please join us again in a few months, you won't regret it. :)

I mean, really. PS2 is the game that you eventually get fed up with, but most of the time sooner or later return for the epic action.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kdog559

I have almost 5k hours into this game. Legit hours. Not leaving your steam open hours when your sleeping and I can tell you Ive been through almost it all and I am still here just trying to adapt to everything that gets thrown at us. Some changes suck and some changes are for the best. You got to get used to change otherwise it will likely ruin a great experience for you when you do end up returning if you ever decide to come back that you will have lots more changes to deal with.
    • Up x 1
  18. Shadowdev

I total agree, the devs have trashed the game with the over abundant changes. Player Base Turrets take on the average of 4 hits to kill infantry, more for maxes and they have become all but worthless at killing armor anymore.

The game for me has been made nothing more than a cap grind after they took away the ability for Player Made Bases to generate VP, it's become boring, sad.