[Suggestion] Make Harassers cost 250 nanites

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Sep 30, 2017.

1. UberNoob1337101

Harassers are moderately powerful vehicles that can do outstanding work in hands of skilled players and if it's compared to every other vehicle, it's where it should be and it's balanced well with a decent skill floor and ceiling.

However, because of it's very low nanite cost, it's cost-effectiveness ratio is absurd and due to it's long average life expectancy, it virtually costs almost nothing to pull as the driver has by the time of his death regenerated at least some of his nanites, and this quite powerful vehicle can be spammed with no regard to resources if the driver isn't an idiot.

As such, I'd say that it needs it's cost increased to 250 or even 300 nanites to make it's cost in-line with it's power and reduce reckless spamming so it's destruction is as meaningful and impactful resource-wise as any other vehicle's destruction.
    • Up x 7
  2. adamts01

Absolutely. Regardless of how people feel this thing stacks up against other vehicles, as a powerful asset on the battlefield its loss needs to be felt. Right now they're basically free, especially if you consider the gunner can pull one too.
    • Up x 1
  3. Celtin

I 100% agree. It really shouldn't be possible to pull five of a light armor option in a row if you die instantly. I mean the thing is true to its name and can put a fast hurt on anything it gets near.
  4. Halkesh

Before the patch, I was on the side to keep the 150 nanite cost.
    Now it take 2 C4 or 1 more tank shell to destroyed it, yes, it totally need its nanite cost increased.

Of nothing change, I think 250 is a fair cost.
    It could be increased to 350 nanites in the case of if devs improve the 3rd seat to something useful. (rear : 360° without rumble and that keep the 3rd crew member's corpse on the seat if he dies).
    • Up x 1
  5. Dazerio

I agree with the cost change, especially since it now takes 4 lightening AP rounds to kill now.
  6. BamaRage

After the boombox nerf we are now outgunned by everybody. We don't have anything that really stands up to the Vulcan nor the gatekeeper. give us back our magazine size for the boombox!
  7. breeje

i can agree with you all, but i like to play as the under pop faction
    this is when it comes in handy if harassers are cheap
    what else will i pull against that zerg column, flashes? or run in to them as infantry with my brick of C4
    maybe the price need to be 250 and as soon the imbalance becomes to big the under pop faction gets harassers on 150 ninites
  8. adamts01

I'm no expert on NC weaponry, so I'll leave that argument up to some long time players of each faction. But I can say from my limited experience with every faction that the Vulcan is an incredible weapon, though I don't think it needs a nerf, I'd rather see other guns brought up to speed.
    • Up x 1
  9. adamts01

By the same argument, you could never kill the over-pop's Harassers fast enough to make a dent.... Over-pop and zerging are the real problems.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kristan

+1 to that.

But funny thing is it would cost the same as ANT. While ANT doesn't sport faction specific weaponry, it's quite fast and sturdy, plus shields, cloak and stuff. It's a nice mobile Basilisk or Fury platform. So who knows, when Harasser price will be increased people would prefer to pull CombatANTs as well.
  11. Moisture

Could not agree more.
    Making the harasser more expensive because the devs refuse to put troublesome weapons in its place is just a kick in the nuts to NC players or really anyone who doesn't run top tier AV all rounder weapons.
    Basilisk and Halberd harassers don't need to be punished do they?

Other harassers are really good at hunting harassers. If every faction had a decent low skill ceiling weapon that worked well on a fast moving platform then I dont think this would be a problem.
    Yeah you could add 100 certs to the cost of harasser but I dont believe for a second it would make a impact in game.
    Harasser mains would not even spend 5% less time behind the wheel
    • Up x 2
  12. Tankalishious

Absolutely and wholeheartedly NO! Harassers are fine where they are, you need 2 very well coordinated, experienced and well coop-trained guys to be very efficient with it.
    98-99% of a servers population that get into a harasser are between absolute **** and just above average. They can all have the occasional luck of the draw, but most die pretty fast and easy, or make no impact at all on the general flow of forces back and forth.

It's the last 1-2% that you need to worry about. The ones that can and will leave a carnage in their turbo boosting wakes if they are left unchecked.
    So, up to 99% of the harasser pop is just free points.

Now, fighting that last 2% is actually quite easy once you know what to do and how to act when you spot them. Do it right and you don't even have to fight em, they will move on.
    Me(gunner and driver) and my regular gunner or driver specialize in hunting harassers(both single and wolfpacks), and we are damn good at it. I can name 3-4 crews I respect as an adversary, rest is free points and certs.

I can promise you this, upping the harasser price will not ram the real threats in the harasser game one bit. You will only hit the mediocre crews and cause less vehicles on the battlefield. The real harasser threats will go on to farm infantry at a larger scale than before and it will cause QQs across the board.

As a MBT main, I can't remember the last time I died to a harasser that got the jump on me and I had full health.
    Any decent MBT crew should not fear a single harasser. Two can be tricky but is perfectly manageable too. Again, the only threat is the 2% that really knows what they're doing, and still with my massive firepower and superior health pool advantage, dieing to a harasser should not be possible unless you all ready are severely damaged.

I mean, wtf? What is people doing? Is the general learning curve a 1%climb per 6 months?
  13. Liewec123

count me in the agree team.
    especially now that vocal idiots have whined their way to a vanguard nerf,
    shield does nothing to save you from the magical appearance of one of these 150 resource tank destroyers behind you...
  14. Tankalishious

I actually would rather keep the old shield even though i absolutely hated that iWin button, all I wanted was a frontally facing coned 180degree version. It's a brawler/push tank.
    Used correctly the new shield soaks up even more dmg now....

And really, lieweck, If you get caught with your pants down and *** hanging in the free, a vanguards rear should be just as exposed as any MBT.
  15. MuggieWara

I completely agree.Especially after the CAI update.The most mobile and difficult to hit platform is indirectly buffed when you increase TTK between vehicles.
  16. Kristan

While playing today they were friggin everywhere! And really they are much more durable than before, but still as deadly as ever.

[IMG]

99% still do much more than your said 1%. Only a total rookie driver and halfbrained gunner could be considered as "free points". For example I jump in to a random Vulcan Harasser. We have no voice comms. No experience of what we capable of. We just go and rack some tank and infantry kills. Easy and simple. Everyone can do that. 2-3 Harassers with CQC weapons may create an area of denial for tanks and sunderers. And to counter that you need to pull same amount of Harassers or MBTs.
    • Up x 2