Critical Mass So Far: Good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, Sep 27, 2017.

1. OgreMarkX

While I haven't tried or experienced everything, so far Critical Mass is good.

A few points:

1. I love having more HA rocket ammo.
    2. I love the decreased lock on time when I am playing HA, I fear it as an ESF pilot
    3. I love the upped Hornet damage (the long standing damage nerf was silly)
    4. I like the new Alert system so far--anything that stops the absolutely horrible Hivecraft victories is good.
    5. If the CM updates also prolong battles (by preventing super quick kills) then it is a HUGE win.

We play this game for the fights. Creating longer fights were we all get a chance to react at least a bit, is a good thing.

The harder changes I would like to see in the future--integrating the construction system into existing base fights and so closing the gap that opened of a game within a game (base fights vs player made bases off to the side).

Creating a PMB (player made base, however large of small) as a buffer or a wing to existing base, or as a forward base for attackers, should be encouraged.

So good job DBG.
    • Up x 4
  2. Campagne

1. I hate not killing vehicles with my rockets.
    2. I hate not killing flashes in one rocket.
    3. I hate the pathetic lock-on ranges.
    4. I hate all the extra HE around.
    5. I hate the nerfs to NC's vehicles.
    6. I hate the buffs to the most overpowered vehicles.
    7. I don't like the new alert system.
    8. I like getting rewards for winning alerts.
    9. I hate wining alerts & rewards less than the other two factions through no fault of my own.
    10. I hate the decal I got from an alert today. ( :p )

Nice try DBG, try again.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ximinetto

It's the archer buffed??? Just asking.
  4. adamts01

It was all nice till Asia logged on. They picked VS to overpop. The patch is great, the playerbase is not. I'm actually really sad I'm not spending money on this game again, I really wanted this patch to work.
    • Up x 1
  5. Celtin

I already spent money on it today and couldnt be more than happy with my new items. This update is a success from someone with over 1,000 hours and beta experiance. This could be the turnaround point for this project so hope prevails in me. The more people that buy stuff the more dev time we get as well so DBG can expect more money if they keep it up.
  6. adamts01

It really is a great patch for the most part. I have a feeling it's just Connery that makes me hate this game.
  7. LordKrelas

I managed to find a lovely bug.
    So if you happen to be an continent with an alert, and switch to another continent for an alert.
    It seems, you will only get the first continent's alert rewards for however long even if under a minute...
    Even if you spend the entire duration of the other Alert, and do everything possible.
    I helped an Alert win, and got 3 ISO, while on the winning team from the start, who triggered & won the alert.
    ;<

But beyond that, it's been great.
  8. Kristan

So far so good. Except I find alerts to be a bit short in time. And people don't understand the concept of new alerts yet. NC started the alert? Lets push Vanu to the warpgate! o_O
    • Up x 1
  9. FirePhox

The nerf to rocket primaries made it worth it to me.

It's probably a good thing, the faster the alerts end, the faster people can get iso/rewards. I think it will get a bit more competetive as people learn that picking o the weakest team is no longer the smartest tactic.
    • Up x 2
  10. OgreMarkX

You are correct.
  11. Eternaloptimist

AFAIK it does more damage to vehicles but a bit less to Maxes in the PC user patch.

It's Marmite I guess, like any significant change which will be good or bad depending on what you like to do in-game. Personally I like the reduced impact of Hive building on continent locking and the new alert system.

I mostly use ESRLs so the lock on mechanic hasn't really affected me much yet - and I like the vehicle damage bonus system.

And I got free Tantos for everyone! That has reduced my Christmas shopping bill :D. The little things like the change to how nanoweave armour works should be helpful for new players too.

We'll see how the idea of tanks being more dangerous from long range but more vulnerable at close range works out, but I thing the concept is good.
    • Up x 1
  12. LordKrelas

Till the alert doesn't give ISO... Like when two alerts trigger.
    But yeah, while it doesn't give much time to actually disrupt the win, it does mean the event is done with, rewards sent, and the next one is easier to start.
  13. tommyrocket

It's true. I bloody hate Connery as well, thanks to the Asians. It's tough to win in any firefight at all when you get instagibbed by literally everything, from everywhere. Doesn't happen to me on Emerald. The problem is though, Emerald is dead throughout the night, and even most of the day. I say move us locals to Emerald together, and let the Asians trash Connery as their own server. I'd be a happy camper with that.

Like you said, and I agree-- I like the increased TTK across the board, but I absolutely do not like the players I must fight with on my 'home server'. (Or what used to be...)

Still waiting for DBG to do something to let us move our characters to another server, or incentivize changing factions for once. I don't feel like spending all the time I've already spent on the current trash server on Emerald as well, just to re-earn all the stuff I've got on Connery. Starting new characters always makes me realize how much gear you actually need to get with certs to actually make a difference in just about every situation. Especially anti-vehicle. This is why people are loyal to one character; starting over sucks.
    • Up x 2
  14. adamts01

They only moved to Connery because they trashed their own server in Asia, with what I'm sure were related issues. Emerald would be next if all the paying customers left Connery and it was closed. I can't really imagine there are many paying customers left in the first place though. I made a new post with some over-pop suggestions. The behavior on Connery is a disease, and would only spread unless stopped at the source. It can be done, but Daybreak will have to step on a lot of toes to make it happen, but it needs to happen.
  15. tommyrocket

Yeah, something does need to be done. I read that topic and yeah, strict population control is needed, regardless of people's faction loyalty. I mainly play TR because I've sunk the most into it, but you know what? If was given a reason to play the others, be it forced or incentivized, I wouldn't be against it. That aside, I am aware of why they moved. (been here for the long haul) Had to do with their own server host; was out of DBG's/SOE's hands, supposedly.

I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to move my characters to a different server if they'd let me, though.
    • Up x 1
  16. adamts01

Maybe that one specific server, but there are hundreds of servers in almost a dozen countries in that region. For whatever reason, an Asian server was deemed to be a bad investment. After seeing Connery I have to agree.

You're definitely not alone. It's ridiculous you can't move them. My brother was stationed in Italy and started an account on Connery because he was moving back to the States in two years. This game just has so many problems.
  17. yellowstone

So far... I don't like this update, on the armor side.
    Actually, my main concern is about AP/HE(SH). Supposedly AP has the trait of doing more dmg, with an higher travelling speed and lower drop. But AP only does 4 (lightning) to 9% (MBT) more dmg than HESH. Now HESH is an anti-everything weapon, if it's not encouraging HE spam, I don't know what it is.
    It seems AP was designed to be a long-range weapon (the viper does much more dmg but at very close range), but it can't fulfill this purpose well. Vehicules' health having been buffed, an enemy that I'm shooting from far away will have more than enough time to find cover (like, say, that anchored AI prowler on a hill).
  18. Kristan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know HESH has the slowest reload time comparing to AP and super fast reload time of HEAT.
  19. yellowstone

No, AP and HESH have the same reload speed, at least on the lightning (3s).
  20. MaDiv

'Nuff said