Well, they killed the Enforcer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rydenan, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Rydenan

To me, the biggest draw of the Enforcer, and really the only reason to use it over the Halberd or Mjolnir, was its continuous-reload ability, meaning you'd be less likely to get caught with your pants down in a reload. This, IMO, was the defining characteristic of the weapon, and the sole reason to put up with its mediocre DPS, horrible drop, and slow velocity. Hell, it's even in the weapon's description. "The magnetic launcher allows for smaller projectiles so more rounds can be loaded at once, requiring fewer reloads. This gives ML85 strong and sustainable damage."

Well not anymore, because they removed this ability.

Now that it's gone, the Enforcer simply feels like a worse alternative to the other AV options.
    • Up x 1
  2. blackboemmel

Same with the Canister - both weapons got a straight nerf.
    The reason for this change isn't that those weapons performed too well, it's because those reload mechanics were causing bugs the devs obviously could not fix.
    Buffing anything about these weapons to avoid a straight nerf was just forgotten (...i think).
  3. adamts01

Does it still out dps the Halberd? It's definitely a lot easier to use. But yeah, that reload was nice. I tried one for the first time a coupe weeks ago and that put it on my real $ wishlist if I were to spend anything on this game again.
  4. Campagne

Wow, really?

That's... That's not great.

Especially the Canister, thing isn't exactly great at sustained fire or rapid reloads.
    • Up x 1
  5. LordKrelas

NC weapons in a nut-shell.
    Sustained Fire? Hardly.
    Reload Speed? Slow.

It's just depressing.
    • Up x 2
  6. Liewec123

nerfed nc topguns to matched our nerfed tank. (which was already the worst performing MBT...)
    • Up x 5
  7. Lamat

Well the new update really puts Alerts at the forefront and ups the stakes, they will now really be a good gauge of faction performance. So we'll see how NC is doing going forward and maybe something will finally get done about it.
    • Up x 1
  8. DemonicTreerat

... Great. Oh well hopefully being early in the patch we'll see some changes. I can understand removing something that probably wasn't intended in the first place - those tend to be snarls of code that often breed bugs and are in general a pain to balance around. Just wish we didn't have to wait for the other half of the update (aka the one that completes the balance) instead of slogging through the mire left by half-fixes.
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

yes, Canister is useless too, Basilisk do better job