Heavy Assault need a massive nerf already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iDante, Aug 18, 2017.

1. iDante

this class is 1 of main reasons this game is dying simply because there is no real reason to play any other class
    you cant have 1 class that counters ground vehicles/air units and infantrys that makes every other class pointless to use
    else massively nerf shields or remove them and replace with rocket launcher as class ability right now its just iwin button when it comes to infantry combat you simply have nothing to outdps a heavy and dont come with coments like aim for the head when heavy ill tear you apart while you try to get clean headshots simply because he will just outdps you while you re trying to aim for the head
    • Up x 2
  2. LordKrelas

I can't see the pointless angle.

Heavies are useless for keeping a vehicle working, not the best solution at AA at all, Infantry they have limits.
    Out DPS a heavy: SMG, Assault Rifle, Carbine.
    As well, they are useless for helping allies, beyond gunfire.
    They have no support abilities.
    They have no scouting ability.
    No reviving, no healing, no ammo.

A LMG isn't exactly accurate.
    • Up x 6
  3. Atorum

No.
    • Up x 1
  4. iDante

you dont need any of those when you melt anything that comes in yours way rofl.
  5. LordKrelas

Lol.

You have 5 rockets. All but 1, if you are lucky must hit before repairs to demo a vehicle.
    Aircraft? No, you're screwed.

Only infantry melts, and that is only if you have good aim & they do not.
  6. Pikachu

Do other games have as many nerf requests as ps2? o_O
    • Up x 2
  7. TR5L4Y3R

don´t wanna know the nervrequests for dota or lol .. .. think about it we have just 6 classes .. lol and dota have how many heroes with different kits each? might not be the best example but still ..

i still think the general ammount of PS2 content is rather moderate .. it sure isn´t little but it isn´t a ton either ..
    at the very laest it could get like 4 more continents at least ... 12 total would be a good number i think
  8. The Rogue Wolf

Yet another "this thing I hate is the one thing killing the game, so get rid of it to save PS2!" thread.

The next one will be about snipers, I bet.
    • Up x 2
  9. TR5L4Y3R

shall i do it so we can get over with that?
    • Up x 1
  10. HondaDude

bad players complaining when they lose b/c they pulled a support class to challenge an infantry / tank killing class. learn to aim. if you want to kill infantry, pull a heavy otherwise stay in the rear.
    • Up x 1
  11. Littleman

OP, you'll do well to note the only people left playing PS2 are okay with this basic designs failure of an FPS.

Give it a rest and either tolerate it or quit, like the majority have already done. Maybe PS3 - if there's a snowballs chance in hell of it ever happening - will be picked up by a different studio. Hopefully one that understands balance/design 101 for a PvP FPS.
  12. JibbaJabba

*sigh*.

Play HA for a couple weeks straight. Pay close attention to how you are killed by the other classes.

Was it an Inflil that dropped you before the shield was up?
    An LA that caught you from a surprise angle?
    Some engy C4 you, Grenade you, or just cut you down because your rockets don't work on his AI turret?
    Maybe it was some medic that took advantage of your inability to hipfire in close quarters?
    Heck maybe you got the first guy and the next one killed you gleefully while you waited 10 minutes for your stupid LMG to reload?

Experience these things and learn from them. Then switch back to whatever other class you play and use that to kill HAs.

If you keep doing the same thing (go toe to toe head on with an HA that has his shield up and already ADS) then you have no one to blame but yourself.

The HA class is fine. Heck, it's rockets could use a buff if anything.
    • Up x 2
  13. Ximinetto

Heavy assault is designed for do and resist direct damage.
    Light assault for ambush.
    Mèdic for heal, revive and combat.
    Engineer for repair and combat.
    Infiltrator for do surprise attacks on distracted target and for do scouting.
    MAX for do the heavy assault work but in higher magnitude.

Every class have pros and conts,and every class can be killed sooner or later. But to be honest,every time i play infiltrator and i Face a HA,it's a suicidal attack. Also what you can do when you find a MAX in Face to Face and you have been caught by surprise????
  14. Sazukata

I have, and it lacked challenge. It's easily the best at eliminating aware targets and not dying, hinging on player aim and positioning. I was only killed by getting complacent and overextending, not any inherent weakness.
    The HA has more HP and yet isn't any easier to ambush than the other non-mobility/stealth classes (engineer and medic), so this is not a weakness.
    This is grasping at straws. Nearly every class has grenades and C-4, and the AI turret can be flanked, rocketed, or even out-DPSed via the overshield and headshotting the stationary target.
    You're onto something here, actually. Though unless we're talking about the SAW, the difference in hipfire accuracy is notable but not huge.

Nonethless, most HA players hug cover and do ADS battles to negate said situation.
    With large mag sizes, falling back to reload is at your convenience.

Also, sidearm?
    I learned that I have to outplay or out-headshot an HA while they don't have to do the same for me, and that I have to play HA to beat them otherwise. In a game where killing is the only means to the end (territory capture), that is not balance.
    As it stands, this is true. One shouldn't play to the enemies' strengths. However we're discussing whether this particular interaction should be this way, for balance and/or enjoyment's sake.
    • Up x 1
  15. zaspacer

You are not going to find a lot of support anymore on the power of HA. Because the only people still playing PS2 and posting on these forums are HA Infantry players. And they don't want their main Class nerfed.

On the PS2 Dev side, they have made changes that reduced the power level of HA in the past, but they have not made changes that actually made other Classes a contender to be played at the powers levels HA is in overall Infantry combat.

But I do encourage you to keep posting your opinion, because lots of strong negative feedback on a specific issue is probably the only way DBG will listen and take action against HA.
  16. Shadowomega

MWO (Mechwarrior Online) daily post to nerf Intersphere or Clan weapons/mechs, or LRMs in general, etc etc.

Another issue the OP likely doesn't realize is, players that are high skill and are just going for kills are likely playing a durable class like Heavy or Max, and with the amount of time played they likely can aim very well with whatever weapon they had at their disposal. So the likelihood of being out skilled also there.

Skill > Situation > Weapon > Class
  17. LtBomber1

Heavy is fine.
    If you want face to face combat, take this class. Other classes are not bad, but are more effective with positioning, flanking, support etc. You are right on the point where you say heavies are allrounders. I would somewhat strip medikits from them to make them more releying on teamwork, or be weakend for a short time (Implant/bio healing)
    On the other hand stripping off the sidearm would make a LMG relaod even more painfull, and it wil become a real downside. But do not touch their 1v1 strength, the heavy is in a good spot here.
  18. MuggieWara

NO!

After the shield nerf a while back,the heavy is in a great spot.

Leave the poor Heavy be you bad people!:(
  19. DemonicTreerat

Its not hard to balance them. Just make the default overshield act like the infiltrators cloak - when its up the heavy takes zero damage for so many seconds but is unable to use any weapons (not even a knife or med kit). Still very useful for breaching, rushing a tank to place C4, or any situation where you're going to take fire before being in a position to return it, but no longer the "oops I screwed up but hey I have an I Win Button so its fine! DAKKA DAKKA!" Resist shield can remain mostly as-is (maybe disable sprint or some other minor feature) due its generally less annoying nature (can still force enough damage through it to force a HA to at least back off), and all Adrenaline shield needs is burn rate bumped up enough as to require an extreme kill-streak to keep it up past 2 or 3 opponents.

Viola instant balance. Now the moronic heavies won't be able to hit one button to get a free reset on their fight while the rest will have a means to be effective at breaching. After all, its not that different from the NC MAX shield in effect and how many threads are there calling that ability too powerful and/or wanting it for the other MAXes even with all its downsides?

Of course the HA players who pretend its their "skill" and not using the most broken combination of abilities in the game will say otherwise, but they're bias is well established. The real question is will Daybreak wait to cut out one of the major cancers in this game in time, or will it only happen after the patient is already on their death bed. My bet is the later.
  20. MuggieWara

NO!You re just being salty.HA overshield is ok as it is.Light assault is much more potent in many scenarios with positioning etc.

Its diversification!Stop asking for nerfs people..
    • Up x 2