PTS Update - 8/29

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by ps_nicto, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ps_nicto Developer

The PlanetSide Public Test Server will be coming down this evening for about an hour and the following will be patched in. The new continent locking alerts are still in a very early state and we will be patching up additional updates as the system progresses and once we have something more stable and complete we plan on doing a public test event. Please bear with us as we iterate on this system it touches a lot of the core elements of the game.

Continents and Alerts
    • Extensive changes have been made to the way alerts and continent locking work.
    • All continents now require 10 points to become lockable to a faction.
    • Eight of these points are gained through territory control, the last two are gained through Cortium Refinement.
    • When a faction hits the 10 point threshold, an alert will trigger which forces that faction to defend their territory.
    • If they successfully defend their territory for the duration of the hour-long alert, they lock the continent.
    • If they fail to defend their territory for the alert, that faction's cortium-based points are reset.
    Alert Resolutions
    • When an alert ends, rewards are given out to players based on a faction's place in that alert.
    • Factions who triggered the alert and win the alert receive: 300 ISO-4 (and loot box) reward
    • Faction who did not trigger the alert and win the alert receive: 100 ISO-4 reward
    • Faction who lose the alert receive: 50 ISO-4 reward
    How Alert Loot Works
    • The loot box contains various cosmetics, consumables, and even equipment that cannot be found in the depot.
    • Players can only receive items if they've participated in at least 50% (30 minutes) of the alert, and the amount of ISO-4 currency gained scales based on the percentage of time a player spends in the alert (100% participation = 100% of the reward.)

When a faction locks a continent, air support arrives to forcefully clear remaining combatants.

Read more in the dev blog here: https://www.planetside2.com/news/ps2-critical-mass-development-update-2017

Weapon Development
    NSX Daimyo
    A new sniper rifle has entered the battlefield. The NSX Daimyo carries a three round magazine with the headshot kill potential of a bolt-action sniper rifle, and flexibility of a semi-auto. This adaptable platform has access to 4x through 12x zoom optics, suppressor, and various rail attachments.

Combined Arms
    A partial (and initial) pass has been done on air vehicles and various connective tissue. Many of these changes leave air to air interactions similar to current Live conditions, and have been revised based on the new resistance and health models. This pass is in no way complete, as there is still a lot of work left to be done.

Resistances
    • Liberator resist 28 (gatling guns) from 50% to 67%
    • ESF resist 28 (gatling guns) from 0% to 67%
    • Valkyrie resist 28 (gatling guns) from 50% to 67%
    • Valkyrie resist 8 from 90% to 75%
    • Liberator resist 8 from 86% to 85%
    • Galaxy resist 8 from 91% to 75%
    • MBT resist 8 from 92% to 90%
    • ANT resist 8 from 95% to 90%
    • Flash resist 8 from 25% to 50%
    • Lightning resist 8 from 92% to 90%
    • Valkyrie resist 4 from 60% to 75%
    • Liberator resist 45 from -5% to -100%
    • Galaxy resist 45 from -25% to -125%
    • ESF resist 45 from 10% to -25%
    • Valkyrie resist 45 from 15% to -50%
    • MAX resist 5 from 0 to -25%

Composite Armor
    • ESF - Increases health by 300 (10%) at max rank.
    • Liberator - Increases health by 500 (10%) at max rank.
    • Galaxy - Increases health by 700 (10%) at max rank.
    • Valkyrie - Increases health by 450 (15%) at max rank.
    • Flash - Increases health by 450 (30%) at max rank.

Skyguard
    • Indirect damage from 35 to 20

Ranger
    • Sunderer indirect damage from 38 to 15
    • MBT indirect damage from 38 to 25

NS-AM7 Archer
    • Resist type from 40 to 5
    • Max damage range from 10m to 25m
    • Headshot multiplier from 1.5x to 2x
    • Min damage from 300 to 200
    • Min damage range from 125 to 200
    • Indirect damage added, resist type 6
    • Indirect damage has a 25m detonation range
    • Inner blast damage from 0 to 50
    • Inner blast range from 0m to 1m
    • Outer blast damage from 0 to 25
    • Outer blast range from 0m to 2.5m
    Dev Note: Overall, this is a slight decrease in the weapon's effectiveness versus MAX units, and an increase in its effectiveness versus vehicles, as well as improved effectiveness versus infantry on headshots.

Engineer
    • Repairs from the rumble seat no longer stack.
    Dev Note: This change primarily affects the Valkyrie, where up to four engineers could repair the vehicle mid-flight. This ability made the Valkyrie's survivability either too low (with not enough repairs,) or too high (with four engineers.) By reducing the variance in survivability, we can begin moving the vehicle toward a platform with better baseline survivability and stronger weapons.

Common Pool ESF
    Hornet Missiles
    • Resist type from 18 to 23
    • Max damage from 1500 to 500
    • Reload from 4sec. to 3sec.

A2A Missiles
    • Max damage from 750 to 250
    • Max blast damage from 750 to 250
    • Min blast damage from 1 to 50
    • Magazine size from 1 to 2
    • Ammo capacity from 11 to 32
    • Now has a 1 sec. refire time
    • Lockon angle from 7 degrees to 10 degrees.

Coyotes
    • Reload from 4.5sec. to 5.5sec.
    • Damage from 75 to 55
    • Inner blast radius from 0.35m to 0.5m
    • Min blast damage from 1 to 25
    • Outer blast radius from 3 to 2.5

Reaver
    Mustang
    • Max damage from 250 to 200
    • Min damage from 200 to 167
    • Max damage range from 230m to 200m
    • Min damage range from 330m to 300m

Vortek Rotary
    • Max damage from 320 to 240
    • Max damage range from 130m to 100m
    • Min damage from 210 to 143
    • Min damage range from 230m to 200m

Kestrel
    • Refire rate from 100ms to 98ms
    • Max damage from 250 to 180

Air Hammer
    • Damage from 65 to 85

Breaker Rocket Pods
    • Resist type from 18 to 5
    • Damage from 550 to 167

Mosquito
    Needler
    • Max damage from 200 to 167
    • Min damage from 167 to 143

Rotary
    • Max damage from 200 to 175
    • Min damage from 143 to 112
    • Reload speed from 2.5sec. to 2sec.

Locust
    • Max damage from 200 to 150

Banshee
    • Max damage from 150 to 170

Hellfire Rocket Pods
    • Max damage from 400 to 125

Scythe
    Saron
    • Max damage from 220 to 180
    • Min damage from 184 to 167
    • Magazine size from 60 to 65
    • Refire rate from 85ms to 82ms

Maelstrom
    • Max damage from 255 to 200
    • Min damage from 167 to 143

Antares
    • Max damage from 220 to 175

Light PPA
    • Refire rate from 300ms to 250ms
    • Inner splash damage from 250 to 200

Dual Photon Pods
    • Max damage from 475 to 143

Valkyrie
    Hellion
    • Refire rate from 100ms to 111ms
    • Max damage range from 25m to 50m
    • Magazine size from 60 to 50
    • Ammo capacity from 420 to 450
    • Spinup from 1.5sec. to 1sec.

Wyvern
    • Resist type from 4 to 8
    • Damage from 250 to 200 at all ranges

CAS 14-E
    • Max damage from 167 to 125
    • Max damage range from 10m to 50m
    • Min damage from 125 to 100
    • Min damage range from 50m to 200m
    • Inner blast radius from 0.35m to 0.5m
    • Outer blast damage from 1 to 25
    • Outer blast radius from 1m to 2m

Infantry
    Light Assault
    • Ambusher Jump Jets have been added to the Light Assault class.
    • These jump jets propel the player forward quickly, with limited vertical height.
    • Unlike other jump jet types, these are on a cooldown, instead of being more readily available.
    • Aerial Combatant's rank 5 benefit now resets the cooldown on Ambusher Jump Jets upon a kill.

Engineer
    • The Nano-Repair Grenade has been added to the Engineer class.
    • This grenade creates a field which repairs 50 health per second in an area.
    • The grenade sticks to vehicles, the player can only have one active at any time.

Cosmetics
    • The following cosmetics have been added…
    • Sunderer Barricade Body Kit, from Giz
    • Sunderer Barricade Bumper, from Giz
    • Galaxy Halo Zeta Cockpit, from Giz
    • Galaxy Farrow Cockpit, from Giz (currently bugged in this update.)
    • Lynx Helmet, from G1ngerBoy
    • First Strike Helmet, from G1ngerBoy
    • Armageddon Helmet, from G1ngerBoy
    • Galaxy Torpedo Intake, from LorrMaster
    • Primarch Heavy Assault Armor, from Steveo
    • Up x 3
  2. TR5L4Y3R

Is there a link to a thread were we can read what the resisttypes are because just the number doesn't help me to understand what type it is
  3. TR5L4Y3R

Nerf to skyguard AND ranger? ... why?
    • Up x 2
  4. CptFirelord

The few good pilots who still flew before aren't going to bother after these nerfs.

This is a multi-faceted game. Quit ruining it for anything that isn't Infantry.
    • Up x 2
  5. ScourgeOfDeath

DBG, I have 1 question for you.... Do you even know your own game? Like for real? Are you intentionally trying to ruin the game to get everyone to quit? Because that's what it appears as.

This entire patch is just dull and empty-headed, you keep nerfing air more and more and buffing anti air, you are killing a major part of the game.
    I feel like you only play infantry and do not know what it's like to fly like I bet you got rocket podded a couple times and assumed air was the most over powered unbalanced thing in the game, you need to reevaluate the situation here, flying in ps2 is what kept me here for years not the monotonous infantry which has more problems than the air game. These changes to the air won't even make it viable or even worth trying to fly anymore, you basically stuck the knife into the last remnants of a dying breed known as pilots.
    • Up x 2
  6. Blastergott

OMG WTF Are u doing to us good pilots?
    If I couldn't gun the Dalton anti air or Dogfight with em ESFs i wouldn't play this game anymore. But it seems like you're trying harder to get rid of players. Either you're stupid or you really don't know what "flying" means for a lot of people on this server. Just leave the air as it is. Or if u wanna change stuff get someone who can fly as good as BLNG guys or smth, Someone who understands what he is changing. You're like "Air so OP just because I can't fly myself" = nerf
    And if u nerf the Dalton against ESFs,too. I'm gonna quit and a lot of players will. I mean Dalton is high skill = high reward, everything was fine but ur destroying what u built up. You're making this game dead as hell. It has so much potential but you don't use it.

Don't nerf stuff that's fine how it is. Ask the players for doing some Air changes that noskill wrel decided maybe haha.
    Well sry but I'm a bit mad rn. And someone tell me what these numbers for the resistances are.
  7. Kristan

RIP A2A Missiles. You were in deep coma but now DBG have decided to pull the plug. Hornets, anti-tank missiles, are more effective weapon than dedicated anti-aircraft weapon.

You will be forever in our hearts.

• Up x 2
  8. Uziriel

Shouldn't be there 75%? I'm just asking, becouse Galaxy and Valkyrie have 75.

And good job with Archer. It will be more begginer-friendly now.
  9. DRAX21

FEEDBACK FOR CONTINENT LOCKS

Thought I should write some stuff down
    With help from a few friends we locked the Hossin on the test server yesterday. I like that you only need 41% to win but we had all the territories for the whole hour... Maybe if at the 30min mark your faction had over 80% the alert could end early?
    Although 80% (kind of domination) is unlikely to occur on Live it still may happen and waiting the full hour when you know you have won could be fairly boring for that side. Maybe on less populated servers or off peak times.

NSX Daimyo

Feels a bit strong. I know body shots are weak and it relies on head shots to kill but it just think a 2 shot burst sniper would of been better for the game. (Both shots hit the head to kill)

Nano-Repair Grenade

Since this doesn't stack, it could do with repairing a bit quicker. 100-150HP instead of the 50 it does currently.
    • Up x 1
  10. Zadok13

Why not cut to the chase and remove all ESF weapons except default nosegun? That should well and truly keep filthy noob scum out of the air and let the sky knights have the honourable duels they so love (when they're not 4v1 ganking noobs at the warpgate). At least that seems like the logical conclusion of where this lot is going.

For a start, air to air missiles were already obsolete - no need to keep beating the horse, it died so long ago its bones have long since turned to dust. Not even coyotes could help noobs against the "pro" pilots, yet another nerf to something already so bad no one runs it.

Most of this stuff is where it needs to be, or has been at some point:
    >Lolpods are fine as is. Exposure time required to destroy vehicles without help puts the pilot at enough risk and it's damn near impossible to see infantry from the air now thermals are removed, except in large enough groups that they should have some anti-air weaponry between them.
    >For anti-infantry noseguns, see the second argument for lolpods (above). Alternatively, restore thermal optics for this weapon only?
    >Hornets are easy, just put them back exactly as they were before last nerf. They used to be too powerful against infantry, but I refer the reader once again to the aforementioned infantry visibility issues.
    >For Tomcats, leave damage as is but restore the need to maintain the lock, that'll make it still good for "big game" but damn near impossible to use in a dogfight.
    >Not sure about Coyotes, but I can say they don't need a further nerf.
    >Skyguard damage is fine - it needs a projectile velocity buff, to be offset by an accuracy nerf. Currently it's effectively impossible to kill an ESF unless the pilot makes a mistake, which is probably intentional but I'm not sure why given that Skyguard would seem to be their hard counter and is damn near useless against other targets.
  11. Treyu

I tested the archer, and, it's A BIT overpowered, like, 10 bullets to kill a stock sundy, it means 2 archer firing at the same sundy to take it out in less than 10 seconds D:

7 bullets to kill and MBT while firing on it's rear, 5 to kill a harasser, 6 to kill a lightning while firing on it's rear DDD:

Considering most of the engineers have it, if it reach live with those changes, i think the vehicle gameplay will die pretty rapidly considering the fire power of this thing on the PTS D:

Oh, and i forgot to say that with the PTS version, the archer is less effective angainst maxes

Also, is a massive test session is planned in the near future ?
  12. Ghecko

I think you need to back off on the whole "nerf the non-infantry" thing. Find a better work around or risk losing a large chunk of your player-base (and income).

And this is coming from a player who HATES flying anything other than a Valk.
  13. Halkesh

The link is on my signature. ;)
    But it's update to live server, not PTS. I'll edit it soon to update it to April and August PTS, and maybe the complete list if a dev give it to me.
    • Up x 1
  14. Halkesh

Considering the damage resistance 45 changes, Coyotee and A2A pods receive a buff against aircraft.
    Aircraft are now more resistant to Tank Buster (galting gun damage type), combined with the dalton nerf (no more OHK on ESF) this will make ESF better at counter liberator.
    With nosegun damage reduced and liberator resistance barely reduced by 1%, they'll become much more resistant to nosegun. I hope it's a mistake and the real value is 75%.

Change on archer will make it a good replacement of the now useless AV mana turret. "Reduced effectiveness" mean you'll need 4 bodyshot instead of 3.
    When AV turret will be improved ? (x2 zoom, notification when the rocket explode due to being out of range, auto-spot removed, etc)

While you're touching the rumble seat of harasser/valkyrie, can you make so it doesn't rumble anymore ? I want to use it in combat with something else than striker or lasher.

Repair grenade.
    Considering the high HP is the vehicle, repairing 1-2% hp per sec for 10 sec isn't worth the nanites and the danger of going outside. If needed, make 2 different repair rate if MAX are a problem.

Flak damage reduction.
    Since when flak is damage type 45 ? :eek:
  15. Liewec123

have you tried skyguard on PTS? it is absolutely pitiful now.
    it takes almost an ENTIRE mag to kill a stock esf with skyguard now, around 60 shots out of 70...
    (and thats in VR training, landing every single shot, in live play you'd never be so lucky.)
    if they have fire suppression then you literally can't kill them in a single mag.

ranger is similar and burster has it slightly better,
    taking just over half a mag from 2 extended mag bursters to kill an ESF (landing all shots).

so congratulations, you no longer need to worry about flak doing its one and only job effectively.
  16. Halkesh

If flak deal so few damage it's a good start to make them more effective against non-air target. At least I hope they will.
  17. siiix

im not even a pilot, but there is so few air left in this game.. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS ?! is there anyone who is even hurt by air, they are a joke as it is
  18. Halkesh

I just realized something weird about archer. Since it's now on Light Anti-vehicle damage type, it deal the same max damage as the halberd-H but Archer fire twice faster.
    Even when using the min damage, Archer seems to have about the same DPS as halberd.

What's the point of using the halberd then ?
  19. Halkesh

Just realized I'd make a mistake. Halberd damage has been increased to 600. Let's say I'd said nothing.
  20. Silkensmooth

Nerfing the nose guns again? What is this the 10th time? We need someone who knows how to fly to make changes. We need changes to g2a locks so that we can fight each other without invisible guys doing half damage with no possibility of missing.

We definitely dont want or need another nerf. This is going to make ESF fights last so long you will never kill anyone. Everyone will just fly like a loon with a broken wing until their friends have time to converge. What a horrible idea. Who thinks of these things? Seriously.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.