[Suggestion] Miller imbalanced Population DBG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BorgUK1of9, Aug 20, 2017.

1. BorgUK1of9

Just wondering DBG considering the number of population balance issues being posted on the forums if we are ever likely to see some response on how you plan to deal with this problem.

I ask this because it was the failure to address this issue by SOE in Planetside 1 that started the death knell of that game. No one likes to log on and be steam rolled constantly like right now as usual 37% NC are doing to 24% VS. I think Cobalt is the only server which doesnt have pop imbalance issues.

There are complaints on here, there are complaints on the Steam forums and there are complaints on Reddit but you carry on like a bunch of Ostrich's and bury your heads in the sand.

I know your hoping the changes from the PTS will bring some players back but I dont think the changes are significant enough for anything above a few weeks.
    • Up x 2
  2. BorgUK1of9

[IMG]Sorry 22% I think the VS are getting fed up with prime time pop imbalance and 7.45pm on a Sunday night are logging, the question is DBG what have you done to VS to make it that no one whats to play that empire. Be interesting to see stats in comparison to NC and TR because something is broken.
  3. boey

This issue with the VS pop on Miller is going on for a very long time now. Maybe there will only be NC and TR left in the future. Fighting only each other.

Will be interesting to see how the new continent lock mechanics, which soon will be implemented, will be for a faction, which is often that much underpopped.

Even if you have the best organization and best teamplay, in the end this game is about numbers.
  4. pnkdth

Shows in alerts too. Which is a testament to the VS leadership on Miller. They still use what they have and organize. I quite imagine this also creates a more tight-knit group as well since everyone who cares about alerts are likely to fit on the continent where it takes place.
  5. Yessme

you Thing wrong, cobalt got the same prob.
    VS on cobalt is DIE, i know it played it last time much..
    Cobalt VS only be good, if some NC or TR squad Play it, other time VS got lowest Pop..
    not 22% ( i don`T Thing is constandly on miller)
    but 27 -30% vs. most time 33 -37%% NC or TR.

but last month, not only VS lost Player, the TR on cobalt too...
    NC on cobalt is biggest Faction.
  6. velie12

VS pop is 30-33% during primetime on Cobalt
  7. LtBomber1

Well, it is harder to "win" in underpop for sure, at least terretory.
    Yesterday was a good example: Esamir opens, All VS (12%) fought at Andvari Bio, while a zerg of 24-48 player of TR and NC capped Yimr/Eisa southern without any resistance. Glad VS had enogh brain to let them ghostcap, not a single VS was on that lanes.

It would be maybe a better fight if the underpop xp bonus wouldnt be capped at 50% and the Narnite-factor would actually be calculated equaly across each fraction, so if highpop fraction e.g.
    200 ppl (overpop fraction) --> 50N/min (minimum income) times 200 --> 1kN/min
    100ppl (underpop fraction) --> 1k N/min by 100 ppl gives 100 N per player and minute.
  8. Kristan

Wonder where did the DIG go. Almost every VS player that I killed had this tag. Now it's gone...

They were cancer... But I start to miss this cancer. :(
  9. FLHuk

If everyone that was upset by under pop joined the same platoons and worked....

/me runs
  10. LostMyStuff :(

This pop imbalance will only get highlighted further when locking cont's = implants; the incentive the join the winning team will be that much greater than just a few cert's and may put the low-pop factions in their grave.
    • Up x 2
  11. BorgUK1of9

We could easily put together 2+ full platoons 6 months ago for which DIG were used to smash areas where TR or NC were steam rolling, it made us unpopular but balanced the slightly lower pop.
    Last night we struggled to put together 1 full platoon, however we still managed to hold a biolab V twice the number of NC.

However when its 22% VS and your facing 41% TR and 37% NC you get fed up of not being able to do anything but get locked in spawn rooms and spammed to death.

On Planetside 1 when SOE screwed up the TR HA, all but one CR5 and about 15% of their pop stopped playing and VS and NC could only fight each other or ghost cap. It was awful and boring after a while. By the time SOE fixed the TR HA the damage was already done and most players didnt return. This will and is happening to VS on all the servers but Cobalt (where I have moved too). It will get worse and NC and TR will be in the same position.
    • Up x 1
  12. boey

Yep, i think this will happen. And no amount of XP-Bonus for the underpopped faction will fix this. Most people want to have an easy time winning. Only very few people like a real challenge. So, most will just join the faction with the highest pop and... profit.

Whatever, had a quite nice time with my VS-Char since this game came out. But i definitely wont start on another faction or server from the very beginning.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're definitely aware of and monitoring pop balance concerns. To the upcoming continent locking changes, we are *also* going to be watching that carefully with an eye to preventing team swapping.
    • Up x 11
  14. BorgUK1of9

Thanks for coming back to us Mepps, I will let VS on Miller know we havent been forgotten about.
    • Up x 1
  15. CaptCran

AHHHHHHH!!!! They're going to do a faction swaping time limit on IP addresses!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!! Make it so Jean-Luc Picard.:)
    • Up x 1
  16. BorgUK1of9

This would be great if they do, all those 13 year old gravy train zerglings swapping to the empire with the highest POP will be spitting feathers....
  17. pnkdth

The downside being those might permanently switch faction.
  18. gunnner10

Once being under-popped seemed like a challenge, but when you are under-popped AND both other factions are beating on you, it becomes over-whelming. It would be cool if there could be a unique reward at the end of an Alert for the lowest pop faction
  19. boey

Another sweet sunday primetime-playing on Miller:

[IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Nithavela

Played some PS2 this evening with my Vanu on Miller. It wasn't pretty.

Another problem is that outside of DIG internal platoons, there are next to no open squads one can just join to have fun. I think that everyone who enjoys organised, casual play has moved to other venues, which more or less makes the game uninteresting for me, since this makes the problem even worse.