Returning player: Base Construction question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stormsinger, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Stormsinger

As an old player, I have a question: I am thinking of coming back to the game, but last I played - base construction had recently been released. Originally, real $ purchases or base structures were per character, and not globally applied to account despite being NS / same gear for everyone - I used many thousands of certs to purchase these. Shortly after, they reversed the decision, and allowed all base construction oriented purchases to be applied to the entire account once purchased with real $.

My question is this - has anyone had success on getting cert-refunds for these purchases? I would be happy to throw my wallet at the monitor if I could get my certs back and re-buy them for all my characters at once.
  2. velie12

Why do you wanna use construction anyways? 95% of the players just ignore it
  3. LordKrelas

You get **** loads of EXP?
    And when you do have a Hive, keeping it fueled also is EXP granting, and if they attack & fail: You get exp for killing them, repairs, rebuilding etc.

If they succeed, you get an excuse to mine for more EXP.
    And you get EXP from any automated turret.

---
    in addition, you can do what I do. Flash assemble a fully automated blockade on a lattice line, and watch the certs roll in.
    Like say on a Bridge.

---
    For the actual topic:

No, I haven't.
    But you could try asking support, via Daybreak's site's support tickets.
    They usually respond.
  4. FateJH

Why don't you just ask them to push the purchases onto your other characters on that account?
  5. Pat22

Well see the great thing about it is you can build a base and leave it sitting there for hours until the battle inevitably moves to it and then it's fun.
  6. Stormsinger

I originally purchased them with certs, but would have done so with DBC if the purchase would have been account-wide. To my knowledge, cert purchases are still per character, yes?

Either way, thats a good idea - I'll ask about it if they reject my cert refund request - thanks. :D