Rolling Flak Armor into default MAX resistances?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nilithium, Aug 2, 2017.

1. FateJH

Players don't like Heavies for their shield; nor, Vanguards for their shield; why would they like MAXes for their invulnerability?
  2. Liewec123

sure! you can kiiinda use aegis like that currently, but there is a wind-up time and sometimes it bugs out and doesn't block the dmg,

i think it'll be easy and balanced to simply roll flak 5 into base max,
    for RLs it wont change much since it only prevents splash,
    so a deci shot that would have dealt 1985 dmg to you would still deal 1660,
    but it would finally save maxes from being instakilled within 30 seconds of spending their 450 resources by every c4-fairy on the map suddenly crawling out of every nook and cranny to claim their easy certs.
  3. zu2

just give me my charge back
    • Up x 1
  4. Scienta

Players don't like this or that. Often time the people playing the game have the worst insight on its workings. But we've seen so often that DB balances by popular opinion, that even if that insight is flawed, its still getting into the game. Never would this happen, because people already want MAXes to be removed, even if I agree with you. Even if I were to explain what role the MAX plays right now, and can explain what role they are supposed to fill, and why its ENTIRELY unfair how the community treats MAX users and people who want positive balance towards them.

Deaf ears.
  5. Insignus

No.
  6. tommyrocket

There's a nasty bug with MAXes right now that means redeploying to a different continent after you die, literally respawns you on that continent with your MAX intact, whether you were dead or alive in the MAX. It's not entirely practical, as you need a galaxy to pick to up every time you spawn, but still. It's something that should be fixed.
  7. LaughingDead

Actually that seems fine imo. Maybe not dying and keeping the max but if the continent locks and you didn't get to use your full max value seems alright, it's not like the few maxes that keep are the end of the world anyhow and it's only 9 minutes of resources that they keep, if it's a bug sure fix it but personally I'd rather them have focus on vehicle bugs and the invincible/invisible glitch fixed.
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

ssssshhhh, this is my favourite bug and somehow people don't seem to know about it!
    • Up x 1
  9. TR5L4Y3R

which one is that 3rd class you talk about? a LA with typhoonammo to reliably hit you would require more clicks than you say or be in arms reach for multiple magbursts ..

you ARE armored infantry ..
    infantry can oneshot any infantry with active knifes costing no ammo or nanites whatsoever ..
    however that requieres touching range .. c4 is an infantries active knife against maxes but it costs them and out of the 4 classes with access to c4 only one is reliable enough to get it on to the max and it still has a crucial delay to be concerned about ..
    as a max you have more killpotential than any infantry against infantry and one on one a max has almost always the advantage against any infantry ..

how many times do you want to use the lib and mbt comparison? how many times do i have to tell you that those can´t enter buildings in which case they don´t matter and maxes propperly used excel at but out in the open on their own?

and realy if you go into a room full of enemies like rambo ... ... realy why would you do that in the first place?
  10. Liewec123

and that is a RIDICULOUS way of shoving equal costing killing machines out of the conversation,
    you might aswell have said "why are you talking about libs and mbts! libs and MBTs dont have arms!"

i'm talking about libs and mbts because they share the cost with the slow moving cert pinata...
    i'm talking about libs and mbts because when you spawn one you can expect to survive for ATLEAST 5 minutes,
    you can expect to keep on killing and raking in the certs,
    because nothing should be insta-killing you, you can always pull back and repair.
    there is never a time when a lib suddenly explodes without warning, they can always pull back and repair themselves to full hp in 10 seconds...
    and it takes THREE bricks to destroy this flying 450 investment.

snap back to maxes and we have the slowest unit in the game, that cannot effectively repair itsself, has no defense button, no escape mechanic and yes, spends alot of its time in tight indoor areas prone for ambush, and it dies to A SINGLE C4...
    the flying 450 investment takes 3, the slowest unit in the game in situations primed for instant c4 ambush takes 1...

there is a vast difference in practicality.

i probably won't bother with this anymore, because you seem like either the kind of player who barely uses max, or the kind of max user who cowers on the backline, either way, your opinion on the ridiculous effectiveness of c4 is askew.
  11. TR5L4Y3R

you won´t survive 5 minutes if you drive your mbt into area full of AV
    you won´t survive 5 minutes if you fly your lib into a pit of AA
    so it makes sense a max goes down if running head on into a room full of infantry ..
    who even attemps to get c4 on a lib anyway? that in itself is already silly if it not a grounded lib ... that or you are mad skills ..

as for max speed .. it´s not like i didn´t mention wanting a retreatoption (like the old charge) for the max before ..

c4 takes one hit against max and infantry, active knife hits take one against infantry, pumpgunshot require one against infantry ..
    what do they have in common? they requier to close the gap first ...

indeed i am a more supportfocused player with almost anything i play with ..
    you on the other hand seem to be the go in and try killing as much as possible on your own type ... your own opinion is just as askew to me as how askew you find my opinion to be .. and what does that ultimately help?