Fury or Walker for sundie?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mehanal, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Mehanal

I have a sundie currently equipped with a Kobalt (front) and Ranger (back). I was thinking of buying a new gun for the front portion of the sunderer. What do you guys think? I'm currently thinking either the Fury or the Walker.
  2. Campagne

Personally I'd say just swap the Ranger for a Walker. But if only want to replace the Kobalt then I'd say the Fury.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nintyuk

Upgraded Basilisk and Walker Is my standard sundy loadout. Everyone ignores the Basilisk as a option but with High reload speed it's pretty damm sweet AV and AI. If your sticking with the Ranger on the back then Fury is a good short range AV and AI weapon However you may want to increase it's ammo pool.
  4. JobiWan

I'd say it largely depends on the situation. Walker is more versatile than Ranger though as it's decent against infantry and does a bit of damage to harassers.

Fury is not that great since the two recent nerfs and the change to the thermal scope.
  5. HAXTIME

Fury at the front, Basilisk at the back for me, loadout is geared for AMS Support.
    • The Fury melts approaching infantry even with a n00b gunner, while also puts out decent damage against aggressive light vehicles.
    • The Basilisk can handle less determined aircraft, can offer some deterrent against light ground vehicles if someone's repairing the Sunderer (as it's only a matter of time until the vehicle aggressor needs to retreat to repair), and can help out the front Fury gunner if these factors don't need to be considered.
    If it gets ugly in the air, a single Ranger or Walker doesn't do anything the Basilisk can't do, as by that time dedicated AA is needed.
  6. Towie

I was quite excited about the 'upgraded' Ranger until I tried it. Walker is still a better all-rounder (I have a Walker / Ranger setup which is useful AA).

A Kobalt / Ranger is going to make you very vulnerable to vehicles so you need to move with the zerg - afraid there's no such thing as the 'perfect choice' as it doesn't matter what set of options you take, you will run into a situation when you wished you had chosen another setup.

I have just about everything available as options - and the twin-Basilisk NAR is about the best all-rounder and the most useful to your friends. Get a few together and they can be surprisingly lethal.

Fury is still useful but since the nerfs, they can't hit anything right next to you. So an enemy vehicle can just get in close and personal and shoot until you are dead. Oh and Fury still has the issue of serious drop for anything longer distance so is basically useless for anything other than close (but not too close !)
  7. Liewec123

fury was nerfed fairly heavily, its now pretty darn useless for AI work, on the pts it is getting a bit better though.
    for now i'd say walker is the better of the two.
  8. LodeTria

Fury is pretty meh these days, so you should probably avoid it.
    The standard basi is acceptable at AV/AA/AI but it really depends on what you want to do with the sundie.
  9. Pikachu

You mean fury is no longer the superior go-to option to bulldog and kobalt? Nice. Took 5 years.
  10. CNR4806

I swear by Kobalt front and Walker rear, but I generally play (or really, played) Proximity Repair which is less of a frontline vehicle, which allows me to snipe infantry with Kobalt and do some air deterrence work with Walker, and I leave the ground vehicles to the tanks that I keep healthy, so your mileage may vary.
  11. Liewec123

bulldog was always competitive to fury, imho, 2 bulldogs on a sundy make it an AI monster.
    they also deal surprisingly good AV damage,
    the only reason people don't use it is because they don't want to learn the drop,
    fury is more forgiving there.
  12. Rydenan

My all-time favorite is the Dual-Kobalt Battle Bus.
    Equip blockade armor and get two decent gunners, and you can shred whole platoons.
    Of course, you're giving up all AV capability (except for deterring ESFs and Harassers by plinking at them), but hey, sacrifices must be made.
  13. Nintyuk