What infantry weapon do you miss when you change faction?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nody, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Nody

Ok something a bit more light hearted for a change, when you change faction what's the number 1 weapon that you miss and why? To limit it down let's keep it to infantry weapons only (as a Prowler cannon on a Vanguard would be a completely different ball game compared to pulling an Orion on NC for example).

Personally I miss the Striker. Not because it's the most OP weapon or because there's not alternatives (faction / NS) to it but simply as a quick pull and scare weapon the instant fire option without waiting for lock on to deal with that pesky ESF etc. means you're going to get at least some damage in on it (which triggers their flee reaction usually).

What faction weapon do you miss the most when you change to another faction?
  2. TR5L4Y3R

most weapons are statwise similar or NS weapons .. so it mostly comes down to heavy weapons and ES rocketlaunchers, ES snipers or ES pistols ... and i guess that's kinda about it ... that said ... so far i have (despite not being good with it) most fun with the tr minigun
  3. Campagne

I really like the TR's Carv, I wish I could still use it as NC.

Good all-rounder, very controllable for short to mid range combat.
    • Up x 1
  4. The Shady Engineer

The entire NC carbine lineup really. Mercenary, Bandit, ACX11, GG-7Fun, Compact burst.

I also miss the standard issue Gauss rifle and am surprised this weapon doesn't get more praise. The thing has 143 damage level recoil on a 167 damage weapon. Really underrated rifle. SABR 13 is an a-okay alternative but for some reason I can't get used to burst fire weapons.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

ravens for openfield AV work, comets are too slow, vorteks are too weak,
    pounders have the arc and fractures have the character wobble.
    my ravens are strong, steerable and pinpoint accurate :p

Striker whenever i'm out in the open getting pestered by a skyknight!

lasher whenever theres a beautiful clump of enemies that you could be melting, but you're TR/NC :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  6. TheSunlikeOne

Repeater. NC and VS sidearms, in my experience, aren't as effective, as that pocket SMG.
    • Up x 1
  7. Halkesh

Lancer. NC and TR can't snipe vehicle/air at 699meter
    Striker. VS and NC can't sent a "****" message to enemy ESF.

For the rest of the weapon, almost every weapon are copy-paste so I miss nothing.
    HA heavy weapons aren't that good so I don't miss them.
    • Up x 1
  8. JobiWan

9. DarkStarAnubis

Gauss SAW LMG
    Phoenix Rocket Launcher
    PhaseShift sniper rifle
    The round VS magazines
    Repeater sidearm
    The "TR only" black and red camo applied to weapons
  10. Erendil

The one I miss the most is the NC EM6 LMG - 167 dmg / 600 RPM is unique to NC. The EM6 is as accurate as the Ursa, and yet still superior to the Flare up close. And 100 rounds per mag + ext mags gives you a whopping 33,400 DPM for some serious dakka between reloads if you want it.

Here are some others:

Pulsar C - The most accurate carbine in the game - although the GC Burst and AC-X11 are close on its heels. Absolute headshot machine, easy to handle, fast reloads.

Lancer - Pinpoint accurate w/ no drop, ridiculous range, doesn't use slow, unreliable, crappy lockon mechanics, good against all vehicles except corkscrewing ESFs, and kills a MAX in 2 full-charge hits.

Striker - not quite as good against ground vehicles as the Lancer, but better against Air. Lancer... Striker.... I luv 'em both. :cool:
  11. MarauderW

This is not really related to a specific weapon per-say, but I miss the ADS of all of the VS weapons.

I love that they are so... easy to see through.
  12. FIN Faravid

Gauss rifle is just awesome.
  13. OldMaster80

I DON'T CHANGE FACTION.
    • Up x 1
  14. LaughingDead

Onslaughts from the TR max.
  15. ListenTourBalls

16. Atorum

None, all the NC and VS weapons are better than what TR has, everything.
  17. Campagne

Whoa man, you'd better slow down with that victim complex before the VS shows up to take it back.
    • Up x 1
  18. Exitus Acta Probat

TR: Inquisitor

NC: Phoenix

VS: umm... wait, what?.. frisby mines maybe
  19. Ziggurat8

EM6 is the best mid range shredder in the game. Hands down. So unbelievably easy to control and 167/600 damage model it feels and plays like a 100 round assault rifle. Easily cutting down 5 or 6 enemies before even considering a reload.

Lasher. Nothing else in the game like it that infantry can carry. Anyone who says underbarrel grenade launcher is only kidding themselves or they've never used a lasher to rain terror down on a flood of enemies.

Vulcan. I know it's not an infantry weapon but it's the best thing about being TR for me. Easiest top gun to get driver assists as a harasser driver. Any warm body can keep the thing on target at the ranges its effective. Making only the skill of the driver a real factor. Not having to worry if your gunner will **** it up is such a wonderful quality of life perk.

Honorable mentions: Cyclone, Phaseshift, Striker.
  20. Cirena

The Cyclone :oops: