Old NS weapon on new characters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SeventhFrost, May 30, 2017.

1. SeventhFrost

So a LONG time ago, a bit after launch and when NS weapons were per character, i bought some soe cash that came with an NS-11p. A while after that, they announced that NS weapons would be shared between all characters on an account, and it was my assumption that this change was retroactive. However I'm coming back to the game and have found that it's not on my other characters

So my question is whether or not there's a way to get this gun on my new characters or not. I know it's a bit of an old issue but it would certainly make getting back into it easier.

I'd love to know if there are any solutions or even none at all. thanks in advance.
  2. DIGGSAN0

Wasn't the NS 11P avaible for the "SummerReward" code?...it gave you a free NS11P....but only on one char....
  3. KrispyKremes

Yeah, it was a one time use code. decent weapon but should hardly keep you from starting a new character. The best part is I always put camo on my gun so the fact that I have the Platinum means nothing lol
  4. Killuminati C

Being as how it's an "exceptional" NS weapon it doesn't carry over to other alts. Regular NS weapons do still carry over. I thought the same thing and bought the same type of Station Cash card. I logged in to collect my passive certs when I got home and redeemed the card on my first alt. Had I known I would much rather have unlocked it on a different faction. Live and learn I guess. I wish that fact had been stated on the card though...
  5. RadarX

As mentioned above, yes this was a code you used per character which was available for a few months.
  6. Afeltman

That's not what he's talking about, this was the station cash purchase from gamestop or another place carrying this promotion that gave you an NS-11P indefinitely with every character you create. I'm just visiting this now because a friend noticed he has this problem as well. On my account I have activated one of these old SC codes years ago and I still get my NS-11Ps on every new character as I should. The fact that you don't know about all the promotions in YOUR GAME that you are the community manager for, is frankly sad.
  7. FateJH

NS weapons were only shared to all characters on an acount if you purchased the weapon with DBC (then SC). Entering a claim code doesn't trigger the same effect.

As to how that worked with that Station cash cards, I'm uncertain. I don't believe anyone ever brought up this situation before.
  8. Afeltman

Claiming a SC code during the promotion he's talking about claimed the NS-11P for all characters ever on that account. I know, I bought one some 4 years ago. When they re-released this gun for free ("Summerreward") to everyone a lot of the people like me who already had it were furious.