Max good and balanced reworked.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Jul 22, 2017.

1. TR5L4Y3R

there also was a time were engineers and medics had more problems supporting maxes pls do not revert to those times ..
  2. Liewec123

best and easiest buff to max would simply be to make rank 5 Flak armour baseline.
    finally maxes can survive a brick of C4, and then maxes can choose between NAR and Kinetic.
    • Up x 1
  3. LordKrelas

Comically, I agree with this.
    Makes it less of a "Survive C-4, or Survive Infantry fire"
    Since those basically come together near constantly.

Would also give a point to using NAR more often, since Flak is built-into the suit of armor.
    Only issue could be effectiveness against vehicles, but then again the AV maxes should be a bit at 450.
    • Up x 1
  4. asmodraxus

Increase the max resistance against normal bullets (like built in max kinetic armor but better), and force the use of proper AV weapons against them.
    Then make AV max units do 100% more damage against max units.
  5. FnkyTwn

You're not pretending that you invented the Blackhand again are you?
    • Up x 1
  6. LordKrelas

Wouldn't that make Maxs the end to AI with all of their weapons?
    As not every class has AV, ensuring the heavy spam so you aren't 100% dead-to-rights against even a Poor Max user.

Flak is fine; A Superior Built-in Kinetic isn't.
    Unless you want to ensure everyone whom isn't a Max is a Heavy or Engineer with an Archer.
    (also means in small fights, it's Max or Go home for anything but a Stalker)
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

Let's put AV-coddled classes like the Engineer and the Heavy Assault out of the way. Heck, let's also get Light Assaults out of the way for obvious reasons.

All classes have access to the UBGL, which is surprisingly effective against MAXes last I checked. Slow, but effective, especially on headshots. I was going to suggest the Hunter but I forget what kind of effect explosive bolts have. I don't remember what their damage type is.

All but the Infiltrator have C-4 and the best way to use C-4 as a non-LA is to corner-bait enemies. The MAX, now being much slower across the board by simple virtue of having lost Charge, should easily be baitable. For the Infiltrator, you can stack AI mines. I dropped multiple AI mines in a doorway and baited a MAX through it once. After it set off the mines, a few headshots from an area of partial cover were enough to drop the MAX before it could retreat for repairs (granted, it probably had Kinetic and Flak would have put a damper on the plan).
  8. LordKrelas

The Grenade launcher?
    Well, that's a creative idea to try that thing; As it's one-shot.

Explosive bolts... are a wee bit comic; And against the new max, even more worthless.

Are you going to be carrying C-4 rather than Tank mines, Med kits, or the Aux Shield?
    Good luck using it against AV or AI maxes - LA's usually toss the crap from the roof or air.

Yes it lost Charge, it didn't lose power by much unless you're an NC max.

And that requires the Max to not have EUD, To not fall back instantly, and that assumes that a Superior-Kinetic being Built-in, wouldn't also have Flak equiped making you screwed.
    As that is what I replied to.
    A superior-Kinetic armor being default, which when paired with Flak, pretty much screws Anti-max options outside of quick-firing multiple Rockets or LR engagement with an Archer.

Do recall, what my post was to.
    Where a Superior Kinetic would render it incredibly pointless to fire on a Max, and it would always have Flak.
    Flak being default isn't as bad, Kinetic let alone a Superior Kinetic, the problem being the "SUPERIOR" bit causes the durability to rise to insanity.
  9. No0T

VVith this the engineer and the medic can have each one a max and suport each other vvhile the other guards... dont be blind
  10. No0T

:facepalm: Hey man this is MAXES revvorked tread make one vvith that I vvill comment... :rolleyes:
  11. No0T

This vvould make maxes used vvhen betvveen bases the terrain has to many mountains... and be effective outside the security of the bases by being able to choose strategic point to from vvhich to fight... also vvill make engineers inside the max stack defense povver for each additional max/engineer in the room... more of both max and engineer... and more honor for the light assault that manage to kill...(and more certs)
  12. LordKrelas

Which means Every single person will be a Max.
    Making it so every class is only ever seen once the shell is broken, or they finally need their actual class abilities.

And that was a response to someone wanting to work in a built-in Kinetic armor to maxes.
    And I found it horrid.

Omen isn't about transport, he wants the oldest maxes, the ones with Charge.
    Obviously he isn't asking.

Great, so every Engineer stacks the power of the Room, without any problems with just Engineers in a room, whom all wield the power of a Max, invaliding the need for actual support and Heavies.

More Honor?
    More honor for the LA having to manage to C-4, quite literally two infantry units per threat, with each one holding the power of a Max, without any non-max infantry inside at all.
    More Certs? Unless they manage to actually succeed against rooms of Maxes, they will be getting near zero.
    Unless fighting NC, then they might be getting a lot due to RNG shotguns or Zero again hard-core due to RNG shotguns.

Aka, that LA is gonna be rare enough, and demotivated due to the sheer ease of using a Max suit, ejecting, and then C-4ing.
    You know, not even bothering to use the Jets; Making a heavy better off to C-4, anything not below a roof.
  13. TR5L4Y3R

uuith this you basicaly reduce teamplay and increase soloplay cause uuhy should a engineer give a crap bout other maxes uuhen he has his ouun he can resuply and repair ... that uuay the engineerclass uuould easily be the most op class ... put douun mines, put douun sentries, have the maxconfiguration neccessary and hold a point for a eternaty ... uuorst case you turn indoorfights into maxfights basicaly reducing the ammount of actual active infantry being there that uuould otheruuise be mouued douun by max-ai-fire ...
  14. FateJH

Unless your w key actually is broken, please don't. It's bad enough he does this.
    • Up x 1
  15. TR5L4Y3R

only in his threads :p
  16. Sirygba

I KNEVV IT U CAN USE VV
    • Up x 1
  17. SpeedFreakPS0NE

PS1 had these, they were called BFRs

I think given the lessons learned from PS1, DBG could introduce them in a properly balanced way and by doing so would totally reinvigorate this game
  18. allattar

What the **** is wrong with your W key? scratch that. How the hell do you even play without a W key... You cant seriously be using the arrow keys can you?
  19. No0T

you are blind to the enormous amount of other play abilities vvriten in this post stating that first **** not to mention that not everybody have the blues to have a max all the time... Just go play tetris...
  20. No0T

hmp... hovv about just use the next to the VV keys... Genius... you made me remember that moment in ants movie vvhen a leave falls in the road and the first ant starts crying I AM LOST!! ahhahahah