Lets talk about the elephant OP of the vveapons...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Jul 14, 2017.

1. No0T

VVe need to make a longer equip time and eliminate the ridiculous possibility to shoot from the hit a rocket launcher. Capicce?
  2. FateJH

Infiltrators can't equip rocket launchers.
  3. LordKrelas

So the slow rocket-launcher takes even longer to equip; Mostly pointless.

You want to eliminate hip-fire from rocket-launchers.
    What's the point exactly?
    The Massume needs hip-fire for half of its special capabilities.
    Dumb-fire is also only possible for any lock-on or speciality weapon by not ADS'ing.
  4. DarkStarII

What do you mean by that? Because how I understand that is not true.
  5. LordKrelas

Pick up a Lock-on like the swarm, you can't dumb-fire it.
    Same with Phoenix.
    The Massume also has its dumb-fire do a different fire-mode instead.

Did you ever pick up the Lock-ons in the VR?

Edit:
    Oh, I have a grammar fail in the original. Damn it all.
    No wonder the confusion!
  6. asmodraxus

Th3 R0(|<3t <avnch3r 15 fine as it is.
  7. No0T

the vveapon is intended to be a massive anti tank rocket launcher they are heavy you dont just equipe them like a sidevveapon you knovv... you need 2 hands put the already massive assault rifle on the back safe then get the launcher and put it over your shoulder to then quickly be able to aim and fire... they are also not intended to kill a person they vvouldnt even explote hittng a the mass of a person... they are intended to explode vvhen hitting METAL not 75% vvater body and ****...

ALSO THEY ARE A TOOL AND THEY ARE BETTER THAN ANY VVEAPON TheY CAN KILL AT medium long or short distance one shot... one of them the last NS released I use it all the time to kill 2 guys by moving after shooting the first 2 rockets to the next target aiming dovvn sight... 2 GUYS and is not even intended for that...

also novv vvith the implant you have all the rockets in the vvorld... because PRINT THEM YOU KNOVV A ROCKET!!! :rolleyes:
  8. LordKrelas

Massive? No.
    Infantry-based Anti-vehicle weapon.
    They aren't all that heavy in consideration, and already take two hands;
    If you did not notice, every heavy in this game has it on their shoulder with both hands;
    They aren't technically hip-firing even - As well, the massive assault rifle? It's a light-machine-gun (LMG), and it's tiny.

They are designed to destroy armor, however infantry wearing armor in this game have armor not made of flesh that wouldn't mystically not trigger the warhead.

Only a few tools aren't weapons of some sort; Rocket Launcher, Rocklet Launcher.
    As well, What else do you classify an Anti-vehicle weapon firing explosive warheads?

Yeah, it's a rocket-launcher firing high-explosives designed to rupture tank armor - Infantry body armor isn't going to withstand it.

And prints out bullets; Which is in itself a complicated task but not for nanites.
    So coming from the guy that wants EMPs to short out flash lights, the complaints about a high-explosive rocket triggering on body armor & killing infantry is beyond comic.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hegeteus

If we increased rocket launcher equip time we should probably finally rework MAXes to have lower dps as well(and especially burst on NC MAX).

To be honest though, rockets aren't that hard to evade especially if you attack your target as stalker cloaker(which is your main class I believe). It's one of the few weapon types that is instantly obvious and it's not that hard to jump to the side when it's pointed at you
  10. LordKrelas

While I agree with you a bit, however that Burst on an NC MAX unit is controlled by RNG pellets at the closest ranges.
    And it barely has ammo.

Rockets are indeed easy to dodge.