Make Magrider worth it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tattoon, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Tattoon

So i just came back to the game and i play VS mainly, Because im not like most of the WTJ (Winning team joiners)
    I'm loyal my faction, been since PS1 Beta. But it hurts to see how bad the magrider become. Nerfed and nerfed to oblivion. The only good its for now is climbing a rock or hill and camp spawns with AI gun. Sure it can kill like all other things in the game with a gun. But it requires 100 times more effort and skill. Any idiot can manage to kill a mag 1v1. Even if the van driver got 5 days into game, and the magdriver been piloting for years.

Since im on it. Why the **** is the VS MAX so utter garbage now? the only half-decent weapon on it is Comet. But comparing the 3 faction AI weapons. Its junk! Thank you SOE for removing the only reason to play it (ZOE) This thing was the only thing that kept this garbage max competetive.

And NC and TR. Do not come here and say ur tanks and MAXes are weak. Then you havent played VS enough.
  2. JibbaJabba

Sorry man. The Vanguard is ****. It sucks at AI, and the mag walks all over it in a tank battle. So is the NC Max. Same story as always... no range. Useless against infantry unless inside a room with them.

In your defense though, the VS Max sucks bad. The NC max has at least one circumstance where it has a strength. I've yet to figure that out for the VS max.

You're telling me that if you got to continue to play VS but got to pick your tank that you would trade in the Magrider for one of the other two? I could see cashing in the VS MAX for a TR max, but trading in the Magrider? HA!
    • Up x 2
  3. Tattoon

Well again. Van win 1v1 EASY against a mag. How can it be bad AI if you chose the AI gun? i can kill troops with the AV gun too but it takes practice. But the Prowler just snipes you with their first shot on 1500meter. Its just unreal. And Van also got their insane shield. And the mag? a afterburner that been nerfed so much its barely noticeable and worth the certs for.

And yes sure NC MAX as its nieché. Its insane indoor where it shines. TR MAX is great all-round... VS MAX is just a bad roadbump in comparison.
  4. Liewec123

maggy is a very competitive MBT, prowler and maggy are constantly fighting for the top of the MBT food chain,
    while vanguard turtles slowly behind in 3rd place.

hilariously vanguard is being nerfed on PTR, due to constant VS complaints.
    you have a brilliant MBT, learn how to use it.

and yes i do play maggy, i love my maggy!
    infact i was driving my maggy in my signature!
    • Up x 3
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

Magrider is very similar to Harasser. You must have a gunner and it can wreck everything with a skilled crew. Your main strength is mobility that allows very good positioning. But in hands of an average player it's pretty weak if you just mindlessly hold W and charge into a Vanguard to try and facetank him.
    • Up x 2
  6. Tattoon

Thank you sir, i can drive my mag just fine! But if you face another good Prowler or Van, al lyuou can do is try escape. or sneak up behind before he see you.
  7. Tattoon

Maybe you need to learn to drive Van then?
  8. Demigan

Magrider is worth it. (its like a 'Loreal commercial)
    Its mobility and stability beat the Vanguard, in fact even in pure MBT killing the Magrider kills per life practically the same amount of MBT's as the Vanguard does with just its main canon vs the Vanguard main canon. And thats while generally outnumbered compared to the Vanguard and Prowler! Inagine how powerful it would be with equal amount of MBT's pulled! Add the Saron and you've got a beast of a weapon well suitable for CQC and long range. If you lose to a Vanguard with ease, you are facetanking the enemy and not using any of its strengths. The Magrider driven with half a brain can murder Vanguards in a 1v1.
    The Magrider is by no means weak. In fact it can easily be argued that the Vanguard is the weakest tank based on the achievements of each vehicle.
    And yes, I've had the pleasure of driving the chariot of the gods and wiping the floor with enemy MBT's. Hell I've managed to go up against 2 2/2 Vanguards and drain their shields+knock off about 60% of both vehicles before I had to bail (with the tank, not jump out and run around). So yes, I know how to drive it.

As for the VANU MAX, its now overly nerfed faction ability aside its still one of the better MAX's. A test a long time ago, no changes to the AI weapons that I know off in the meantime, showed that the VANU MAX was better than the TR gun for gun (in fact I helped someone on my outfit do some independent tests as well and it confirmed it). The NC MAX is only useful in niche combat scenario's, although heavily used in those scenario's which gives us the question of "what scenario is it better to score in".

So the only thing that the VS should be complaining about is their immense inferiority complex. Especially trying to pass off the chariot of the gods as the weakest tank... Shameful!

Edit: and I drive a Vanguard with above average score. Hell I've got a higher vehicle kills per hour on my HE lightning than the average Joe gets on their AP Lightning. This actually means that my opinion in some respects matters less because my gameplay isnt representitive, but you seem to be pretty stuck on "well I can play a Maggie" despite you obviously not reaching the bar for what the average Maggie driver can achieve. Or if you do reach that, having a very warped vision of the Maggies capabilities.
  9. Liewec123

you forgot the most important step: come to the forums to write a "vangurd shieldz OP!" thread :)
  10. HAXTIME

The perceived problem, IMO, with Vanguard is that it performs better in general and usually (e.g. when zergs just run into each other on the road), but when it really matters, it's crushed into the ground with the Prowler's 4x DPS or the Magrider's much better mobility. Vanguard is still good of course, but I'm coming from a session where I single handedly obliterated about 6 or 7 Vanguards in like 2 minutes, and without a gunner.
  11. Tattoon

All vehicles can be deadly in certain aspect. But the amount of luck, skill and time to be effective in them varies alot. You need twice times as much time in a mag to be equally effective as in a prowler or van. And if you face a equally skilled van or prowler tanker with a gunner, you are just as dead. Because how often can you really sneak and flank a tank? i happens me maybe once or twice in a week if i spend about 1-2 hours of total driving mag. Sure you can do sick things with a mag, climbing rocks and hills. Sadly it doesnt give you and EXP as killing things does.
  12. JibbaJabba

So cut to the chase.

You're VS.

You get to trade in your Magrider, for either of the other faction tanks. The choice is permanent. Do you keep the Mag or pick one of the others? Which?
  13. Tattoon

I play VS because i enjoy their playstyle. I'm not a WTJ like alot seem to be. And i would not change a Mag for any of the two. The Magburner needs to be restored. Because now you just get a little push for 0.5second (Wow!)
  14. Tattoon

Ok so you were sniping them from a VERY long distance. Or the two vanguards were busy shooting something else. Or they were completely new to the game and didnt know how to adjust cannon for longer distances. So that story doesnt prove anything. And i would love to see a video of that before i can believe it.
  15. Rebecca649

I think if you asked most people honestly who have played all three factions they would for the most part agree the Vangaurd is the weakest of the MBTs primarily because it is the most limited. It doesn't have the fire power or accuracy of the Prowler or the strafing, speed or climbing skill of the Margrider.

It does have a good shield but by the time you range the target and hope you have got it right or the enemy hasn't moved the shield will absorb one maybe two hits if your lucky before it times out. The rest of the fight unless you have hit you mark which with a single barrel turret and drop off is an a big if the odds are not in the Vanguards favour with a Prowler that can unload far more shells and a Magrider that can quite literally side step incoming fire.
    Vanguards for the most part stay in groups which is why when single maggies or Prowlers come against them they get killed but 1v1? I don't think MBT wise there is any need to nerf the Van it has a hard enough job already.

Personally if all three factions had access to all three MBT variants you would get a lot of NC, TR and VS Magriders fighting lots of NC, TR and VS Prowlers. I'm not sure you would see many Vanguards, its a good tank but only if you get the jump on someone or in groups.
  16. Tattoon

Wierd we see so many Vannys and Prowlers and, why TR and NC get occasionlly 40-45% pop while VS around 25-28? Strange!!!!

(Miller EU)
  17. Tattoon

And also the NC AV is soooo much more useful then VS. VS projectiles too slow. Atleast Falcon can hit things at ease at longer distances. Comet Struggle ALOT.

Not even going to mention TR MAX. We all know the Pounder is just straight out stupid.
  18. Demigan

The Vanguards were on the north mountain near Eisa Pass overlooking the Vehicle bay of Eisa Techplant. I was at the vehicle bay close to the gap that leads to Eisa Pass. That's 100 to 150m or so?
    The Vanguards weren't shooting something else. They engaged me. Although the second Vanguard did show up a bit later in the fight (about my third shot) and was able to help shield the more damaged Vanguard when it retreated a little, hence I damaged both for 60% and wasn't able to finish the job on either.
    The Vanguards weren't new to the game, and were capable of aiming and shooting accurately (just not accurately enough), and were also well capable of supporting each other by shielding their ally with their tanks body and reducing the amount of exposure their tanks got by using these things called "cover".

So your complete "but there must have been something to account for all that" is just randomly stabbing in the dark and praying you hit something if you stab enough times.

Because the VS are a bunch of elitists with an inferiority complex, when their Orion/Beteljuice was nerfed the pops dropped because the VS complained that it was aimed at them. Unfortunately the VS players didn't realise that this nerf was aimed at a specific weapon type so that weapon type wasn't as jack-of-all-trades when it came to range and killingpower, meaning more specialized weapons have a chance to shine and be useful.
    Also notice how in that explanation there's no mention of their vehicle's or MAX's? Yeah, because those don't have anything to do with the VS's exodus. Just their ego's.
    • Up x 2
  19. Tattoon

I loled here... =) Cute story and appriciate ur effort.

Wow well it takes less then 2 full hits from a Scatmax to kill a heavy from full shield. Not using heavy personal shield. And it takes a VS MAX half the magazine and usually the heavys run away and reload their Launchers and kills you. You dont do that against a scat.

And the orion. being "OP" well now you know how it feels. Must be nice being the strongest faction again huh? poor NC...
  20. DeadlyOmen

When I started playing the game years ago, I thought it was pronounced "muh-gridder".