Why does hit reg feel so bad now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klondor, Jul 3, 2017.

1. ridicOne

Really?

Do you know what youtube is?

Who thumbs this comment up and why?

There are so many videos of both hit detection, lag switching and latency issues...

Like seriously... I feel like gamers don't know what to look for or aren't looking for the issues anymore...
  2. Klondor

Holy hell, that's some garbage hit reg. I guess i cant really complain because that's not yet happened to me. Most i've experienced is having to dump twice as much ammo into someone before they eventually go down or kill me, but not someone who's literally invincible from bad hit reg.
  3. Ziggurat8

Pretty sure that's not hit detection. See how fast and easily he mowed down the first 3 guys? That's an exploit/bug related to WG invincibility that has since been fixed.
  4. JobiWan

I played a couple of hours last night (Miller) and I seriously felt like I was firing plastic bullets. I lost count of how many times I did what would normally kill an enemy then they just take me out in one burst and the kill screen shows they took hardly any damage.

Even the crossbow/quick knife combo did hardly any damage at point blank range. K/D for the night was about .35.
  5. velie12

it's a good explanation of what's happening.

And why does he have to look up a video? he simply states he never saw a video about it, whats wrong with that? It's not like this is important for everyone, that they have to look up these videos
  6. Rydenan

Firstly, that video is from 2014. Three years ago. Do you have anything remotely recent?

Second, you can see how the hits register just fine for the first two opponents this guy encounters. Then he gets zero hits on the third guy. If hit detection were just 'wonky', he'd still have gotten at least a few. It's pretty clear there was something completely different about this specific player; most likely an exploit, like Ziggurat8 mentioned. One which has long since been patched. A quick database search shows that the player, Swagatha, hasn't logged in since 2015. Probably banned.

I searched YouTube for "Planetside 2 hit detection", and couldn't find a single video that was less than 2 years old. If it's such a common occurrence for you, could you kindly record some footage? Not trying to be facetious.
  7. ridicOne

No, cuz anyone that picked up on the finer details of a shooter has prolly already left the building.

Frankly, it's all a laugh and a waste of time.

The combination for hit detection, registry and lag just makes me laugh at anyone trying to defend this game.

I love this game but I can call a spade a spade.
  8. Klondor

Ah, i remember that. Bad times.
  9. Klondor

I cant help but say that this clip is pretty useless for the argument of hit detection. The player starts firing at the enemy's leg and walks their shots from the leg to the head. So they only did barely even half damage to the enemy player. since leg shots deal effectively half damage (i think, correct me if i'm wrong). They only fired 11 shots ( counting from 100 rounds to 89),and only two of them hit the head. plus the enemy had their resist shield on, assuming it was maxed out, there was no hope for the player to begin with. that's just a bad engagement.
  10. Ziggurat8

Yeah, that's a perfect example of client-side not hit reg. His hits all register on his client but in reality he was already taking damage and possibly even dead on the enemies client before he fired his first shot.

No issue with hit detection, just a good example of lag compensation.

Lag always favors the aggressor, if you turn and fire you're already dead. Wrels video on lag compensation explains this exact scenario perfectly
  11. ridicOne

When have I solely pointed out hit detection? I missed that...

The point of the video was to show someone in the last 2 weeks, thinks there something going on to post a random video.

Game has issues.

This could be lag, registry? Just because you think to know what happens each and every random death doesn't mean that's the reason to why it might be. It very well could be one or the other. That's the issue, it's a shooter with flaws which doesn't bode well with the hardcore shooters.
  12. Odins Son

I am just curious why this never seems to apply to all the pro-gamers?
    In fact when I encounter pro players it seems the hit reg problem strikes here more often. It feels like they reduced their hitbox... oh well I recall something...