LMG for CQC up to 40-50m

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by xWarmasx, Jun 27, 2017.

1. xWarmasx

Title says it all, kinda can't decide between the orion and msw-r as these have the biggest DPS and relatively high hip accuracy but can't decide msw-r has the softpoint ammo which can give the advantage and more accurate on the 1st 5 shots as far as i remember and has different recoil. The orion used to be superior but after the 0.75 ADS remove is it still that?
  2. RockPlanetSide2

NS 15M (if you are highly skilled and a headshot machine) > Orion/b-juice > MSRW > Anchor... that's all you need to know in the entire game... ALL the other guns are trash (in comparison).

People will ramble on about nonsense regarding how they have had better success with blah blah blah , but those are factually proven to be the best options.
    • Up x 1
  3. BrbImAFK

Actually, if you check the stats the MSW-R is pretty much a straight upgrade over the Orion / BG. As for the Anchor, it's position depends on your aim... if you've got good aim (30%-35% or better and a HS rate of around 35% or better) the Anchor is actually better than the other two. In addition, the Anchor features a better damage model and better aimed accuracy meaning that it's got more flexibility for ranged combat if you find yourself outside CQC range.
    • Up x 1
  4. xWarmasx

Yeah i thought about that but the bloom + ADAD can make HS-s pretty hard to hit out of CQC range, but will jump over to NC to test it a little :D
  5. Eternaloptimist

The LMGs listed above are the go-to choices....no argument there. Just a brief mention of the T32 Bull though, if you want something versatile at all ranges (and are TR) as well as the NC GD22S (purely for its fast reload in CQC).

Also I've recently slapped a laser sight on my Orion and the advanced laser on my MSW in place of the forward grip - for better CQC hipfire. AFAIK access to the advanced laser sight pretty much defines a weapon as optimised for CQC.
  6. Erendil

I'd add the Flare to this list for the VS. Ever since they reduced its vertical recoil during the last LMG Balance Pass it's become pretty good at chaining headshots out to mid range. Esp when combined with Catlike to gain that nice .2 Crouchwalk ADS COF that all LMGs share.

Like the Anchor, a Flare with SP ammo equipped also gets 3-headshot kills out to 15m. You can equip ext mags to mitigate the negative effects of its long reload times. And unlike the Ursa and Polaris (and the TR's Bull I suppose), its DPS is high enough that it's not at too much of a disadvantage in the 15-40m range where the CQC LMGs are still in top form.
  7. RockPlanetSide2

I still use my gold SV88 even tho its just trash now.