After the patch driving a prowler is like...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechmaniac, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Mechmaniac

,,, ice sledging ... on EVERY continent.
    Makes me feel like girdles are banana peels.
    I hate this "improvment" :-(
  2. Chubzdoomer

It's been throwing me for a loop with my Vanguard and Lightning as well. The Lightning in particular feels too touchy now IMO.
  3. Kristan

I experience the opposite. Lightning drives like a charm now, without occasional drifting around, especially with racer frame.
  4. BartasRS

Lightning indeed handles better but it has NO BRAKES with racer chassis. I've managed to launch my Lightning inside enemy base few times but that was not intentional.
  5. DeadlyOmen

The changes to tank speed was unfortunate.

Brace yourself- I suspect this is only the beginning.
  6. Kdog559

Thinking I got away from a prowler or vanguard in a harasser....Think again!
  7. JohnGalt36

Expectation: more grip and less wonky physics
    Reality: Someone cut the brake lines in my Vanguard.
    • Up x 7
  8. DeadlyOmen

The change to the armor speed (driving on ice not withstanding) is a very poor way to promote combined arms gameplay.

While they are useful for shock attacks at speed, they are not the units that go flitting about the battlefield.
  9. Daigons

While all the mech-tread changes were on PTS, I laughed at all the times that I flipped the Prowler, Vanguard and Lightning just a few feet away from the vehicle spawn pad. Once I got past that invisible vehicle trip hazard, they all felt pretty darn good to drive.
  10. DeadlyOmen

Why did they feel good to drive?

I'm really trying to see my way to accepting this- I need to look for a positive.
  11. Daigons

To me while using Rival for all vehicles, I felt it had a more responsive feel on flat ground and while on a slope. I felt like I was able to scale the small mountain range just behind the VR shooting range.
  12. csvfr

Lightning - Better, it is able to turn while driving even at moderate speed. Finally some realistic usage of tracks rather than wheel-vehicle mechanics.
    Vanguard - Worse, becomes glued to the ground on the slightest imperfection. If your near a slope, rock, or something similar trying to reverse, add 1 - 2 seconds to gain traction. At least I died taking shots being immobile when I would usually have been at full reverse speed.
  13. DeadlyOmen

Changing armor movement mechanics came about as a project intended to meet DBG strategic business vision.

I remember when RO2 came out- the much-hyped sequel to RO1. Tripwire lost a customer on that day.
  14. Mechmaniac

BUT

I don't mean only the brake factor, that is very less noticeable, I mean the whole driving system in particular situations like rock climbing, rock descending, stationing on rocks, etc.
    Seems I'm on an iceberg, the tank can't stay fixed in one position, slowly sliding in every direction. When I drive into crevices, also in plain, the tank reacts like a marble in bowl... Climbing rocks feels like being hanged to a rope, not touching terrain.
    It' so frustrating... then you see magriders standing over edges or jet climbing vertical walls...
  15. Daigons

Yet they can't shoot at anything useful because of the angle of the fixed main gun while climbing up a small hill or shoot down the hill because of trying to keep balanced on top of a peak..
  16. Pelojian

a good magrider driver will know where there are spots they can fire on enemies after climbing up a slope or mountain, just like vanguard, prowler and lightning drivers will, the difference is magriders can reach more spots due to superior climbing ability.
  17. SpartanZero

Ah, not sure on the magriders.. I'm sure they're loving it.

Lightning feels slightly improved, both TR an NC MBTs handle like absolute crap, they flip as easy as the original ATVs used to. While I do enjoy the "speed" they appear to have gained, all their actual mobility or maneuverability has gone down the toilet. Hit a bump and suddenly aim goes wonky, catch a slope and start sliding around like it's a watered down slip n slide.

Previous to these changes I used to have a confident pride in maneuvering my vanguard while avoiding most libtards, and challenging to take on the lib ace pilots, to line up angle to pop them with the maingun before they could hit me first, at least I would have a chance. Now with the **** handling, constant flip hazards, now I have to rely on the wonky movement terrain while avoiding a lib or ESF zeroing hoping I get a blind luck shot before getting roasted.

Not saying air to ground shouldn't be capable of knocking out armor, but even in ground to ground engagements.. unless I'm on open flat ground, or stationary.. stability for aiming on the move is atrocious now with the handling changes.
  18. DeadlyOmen

A thought this morning.

Will the upcoming changes to the Armor gun ranges mean that small arms will have a greater range than vehicular mounted guns?

iirc, there was something about armor gun range reduced to 200m. Marksman ribbon comes with killing at 250m, and snipers shoot farther than that...
  19. Mechmaniac

During the last night session I've re-used the lightning and have to say that it had been very improved, also with high speed chassis.
    But using the prowler I managed 2 times to flip over going down in straight line in some minor drops... :( wtf
  20. DeadlyOmen

Lightnings are squirrely too.

If the arena-style armor changes come through, this will all make sense- to some.