Energy Weapons For Terran & Conglomerate.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RollTideMustang, Jun 9, 2017.

1. RollTideMustang

I think it would be fair to say that the Terran & Conglomerate get to have their own Energy Weapons for Ground & Air. VANU is the only one that can have both Energy & Nanite. Now sure Terran & Conglomerate have Nanite to but do we have Energy Weapons? I believe the Majority of both sides would like to see this happen. I think it is unfair VANU get's to have both. Energy Weapon for Terran should be (RED) Energy Weapon for Conglomerate should be (BLUE) Who is to argue to see a battle of Purple, Blue & Red lasers at night across the battlefield?
    I think it makes sense & be fair that all 3 factions get to choose what type of weapons to use a Nanite, Carbine or energy weapon. So a VANU can use an NS-15M right? Well, it's a NANITE they say...Well, it's not an Energy weapon either. So where is a Nanite Energy Weapon for Terran & Conglomerate? Any Terran & Congloerate want Energy Weapons Ground & Air?
  2. Tankalishious

DO YOU EVEN LORE?
    • Up x 2
  3. Exitus Acta Probat

o_O What?
  4. CrimsonEclipse5

Everything is constructed using nanites. VS simply use their nanites to construct more advanced technology which allows them to harness energy weapons, while TR and NC use theirs to create more traditional kinetic weaponry.

In the end, it would serve no gameplay purpose, and the devs simply don't have the resources right now to dedicate to something so trivial.

I agree that NC could use some more self evidently electromagnetic acceleration based weaponry, as it currently stands their guns look pretty generic, but again, dev resources and such are an issue.
    • Up x 2
  5. Campagne

Nah.

VS is special because they use energy weapons. If the NC & TR got them too, it would just devalue them.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pat22

By that logic, TR and VS should get Gauss weapons because only the NC have them.
    They act pretty much the same as any other weapon, except they hit harder per shot, in the same way that energy weapons act pretty much the same as any other weapon except the are shiny and most have no drop.
    • Up x 2
  7. Rydenan

I think there should be one NS energy weapon.
    But not plasma balls like the VS; rather a refined, laser-ish gun. Something that feels human-designed rather than alien-derived.
  8. Cyropaedia

Isn't a railgun (NC's Railjack) an energy-kinetic weapon?
  9. Tankalishious

Its using electromagenetics to propel a solid object to rediculous speed, so the kinetic energy alone on impact is super high