Motion Spotters now detect crouch walking players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by REZistance, Jun 8, 2017.

1. REZistance

Is this true?

If so, bye bye Stalker class. Seriously, why would you crush a class so hard in this way? So now you have a class that is hamstrung by having only a sidearm, but can now no longer slip under the radar...? Stalkers are forced to use one of their slots for Sensor Shield even though slipping through the lines undetected was the whole point of the class to begin with?

I don't understand why you made that change DB. I know Reddit is the place to get your attention but I don't use that site... can you explain the thinking behind this decision, and would you consider making an exception specifically for the Stalker class?
  2. Sazukata

Where did you get this notion? Reread the patch notes.

They improved stealth by making detection dependent on stance rather than movement speed, so now you can crouch-walk with Catlike and stay off the radar.
  3. REZistance

Now detects infantry targets that are not crouching, standing, or crouch-walking

I read this to say if you are standing or crouch walking that you will be detected. Did I read that wrong? Now detects infantry targets that are... crouch-walking. Maybe I'm crazy. It's early and I haven't had my coffee. Tell me how this patch note line sounded to you.
  4. Campagne

No no, it's saying you won't be detected if you're standing, crouching, or crouch-walking.
  5. REZistance

Really? Okay, good lord I freaked out there for a minute.

My bad. Sorry about that. False alarm. Nothing to see here. Back in my hole.
  6. Exitus Acta Probat

:rolleyes:
  7. BrbImAFK

As noted above, the recon stuff won't detect you if you#re crouchwalking, no matter how fast that is (previously it used to detect crouchwalking if you went up/down stairs/hills as well as if you used catlike, because it was based on movement speed rather than movement state). In addition, if you equip sensor shield implant you can even run around without motion sensors going off!

Net buff for stalkers imo.
    • Up x 1
  8. DeadAlive99

Don't feel bad, I had to reread it several times and process it in my brain for a couple of minutes to get it straight! They should have wrote it in a positive form and it would be easier to understand. IOW, "Detects any upright, walking or running player", not counting the sensor shield implant I guess.
  9. chayne

My motion spotters are detecting nothing, are they broken? I haven't tried the motion darts yet.
  10. BartasRS

Yesterday I played for a few hours and NONE of motion spotting devices were working, mine and others. I saw minimap filled with darts/dildars and not a single blip on the map except spotted targets and people shooting nearby. I think it's bugged ATM.

I even walked on some infils sitting on their dildars and they didn't see me.
  11. ObiVanuKenobi

But for some reason i read that wrong the first time as well.